Poll: What color do you play? (A magic the gathering discussion)

Cenequus

Jan 31, 2011
I'm playin predefined decks so don't really care for the actual color. Anyway my favorite deck(favorite coz i tend to win with it)is "blood hunger". All that life steal really suits my style since I either have bad luck on cards or just take free hits like a dumbass.

Nickompoop

Jan 23, 2011
Mono green infect. The only reason I like infect is because everyone else hates it. It's so awesome to be able to swing once for ten and win the game. And my opponent's expression is usually so priceless.

I also run a red/black creature kill deck that trolls everyone. It's not as good as the infect deck, but still quite enjoyable to play.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
I enjoyed my elf deck for sure - unlimited manga, damage, creature tokens, life.

Though I did have this great 'asshole' blue deck that could send/remove a person's library from play as I countered and controlled everything they played.

Heh.

Davey Woo

Jan 9, 2009
I got Magic 2012 on the 360 and got a free Grave Titan card, so I thought I'd make a Black deck to use it with, so I guess I use Black magic?

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
I haven't played in quite a while but when I did I put alot of effort into my artifact deck complete with cards to give me colourless mana instead of coloured lands.

There was a white enchantment in there though that protected all artifacts from spells and one of my artifacts protected my enchantments.

Had to be careful, too many destroy artifact spells around at the time.

Fenix7

Jun 14, 2011
Blue player for life reporting in. Blue's playstyle and general idea suits me best, though I do really like Red and Black too.

My favourite decks are B/U control and U/R Pyormancer's ascension. Never saw the appeal of playing White/Green that much and like Engarde, I find monogreen decks to be super boring.

Though sadly I am currently living in Iran and besides myself and my brother (who is an average player and has a bad attitude) I have no one to play against =(.

tanis1lionheart said:
I enjoyed my elf deck for sure - unlimited manga, damage, creature tokens, life.
Funny typo, considering avatar & all.

fanklok

Legendary Table User
Jul 17, 2009
Galliam said:
I never understood the appeal of Abyssal Persecutor. How do you play it that makes it good?
I'm not sure you understand how black works, it has no lack of ways to kill creatures so you beat your opponent into submission, then off it.

WaReloaded

Jan 20, 2011
My main deck is a Black/Blue deck, although I haven't played Magic in about a year due to the majority of my nerdy friends moving to the city, unfortunately.

BanicRhys

May 31, 2011
Mostly Green/White and Green/Red.

I love decks that get me massive amounts of tokens like my elf deck. I also love decks with just massive damage like my red/green deck.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
Primarily red with a little green in my deck, I love my goblins and the support spells that green gives.

tombman888

Jul 12, 2009
Well, in the Duals of the PlanesWalkers, i play with the Red Deck.

But in real life, i only own a single Deck, which is my Sliver Premium Deck, ie: it uses all 5 colours.

Although i have recently come into possession of over 500+ cards (all from around fifth series i think) so maybe i'll go through them and make another deck, probably red aswell.

Crissaegrim

Jul 3, 2011
All colors, My main deck consists of slivers (Love the slithering bastards) Its become very infamous among the group of friend I play with. Aside from that I have a white/blue Equipment focused deck which I'v been focusing on lately.

Geamo

Aug 27, 2008
I've had a fondness for White - since I managed to get the planeswalker Elspeth Knight-Errant, my Soldier deck has been pretty good.

However, pals of mine run a Black kill deck which is ridiculously annoying, and a blue/green land ramp deck. Ragh.

Tree709

Aug 31, 2010
kayisking said:
Green cards. I had me a deck that could get up to ten land cards down in less then five turns, and then I would simply summon a really big beast to stomp my enemies.
I have a mono green deck that can produce 9 mana on turn 3, though not reliably.

ameemo

Apr 16, 2011
I downloaded magic the gathering from psn, never played it before, thought it would be a nice thing to get into, got my ass handed to me 10 times in the first mission, got mad, deleted it and now i want to download it again. Could someone please tell me what the game is about and any strategies for getting into the game?