Poll: what do you think the best JRPG of the last 10 years was?

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
Legend of Dragoon, Jade Empire, Digtal Devil Saga, Wild Arms.
Wild Arms was sooooooooooooooooo fucking good!
-Tabs<3-
-edit- Jade empire was western and it was set in China, meh. I still loved it.

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
joe90 said:
2001-2010 was a turbulent time for gaming, seeing leaps and bounds in the way we interact with our games, but some genres have been left behind in the chaos. JRPGs are still going strong though, and i felt the shin megami tensei and dragon quest series are currently the best of the field, with persona 4 and dragon quest 9 eating away large chunks of free time. what do you, fellow escapist readers, think was the best?
Ack! Your poll is no fair! The best RPG of the last decade was on both console AND handheld. Persona 3 FES and Persona 3 Portable.

Hmmm.. guess I have to pick portable, because I can play a girl in Persona 3 Portable.

joshuaayt

Vocal SJW
Nov 15, 2009
It's a toss up. I really, really love Final Fantasy XII- say what you will about it, it does what it does well- but I'll always love Valkyria Chronicles 2, on the PSP. So, one of those.

L4Y Duke

Nov 24, 2007
Suikoden & Wild Arms.

Suikoden wins out by a somewhat narrow margin, so I put them both up.

AlternatePFG

Jan 22, 2010
Just_A_Glitch said:
My favorite game ever made, Tales of Symphonia.

Unless its a Tales game, I generally don't like JRPGs.
Yup, I agree with this. I don't play many JRPG's but I love the Tales series. I preferred Abyss though, I don't know why.

suhlEap

Apr 14, 2009
joe90 said:
suhlEap said:
FFX or maybe VIII. i think 7's overrated. though was VIII in the last 10 years? not sure.
I only put the 'last 10 years' thing in to stop the stream of FFVII fanboys (I love the game, but i just don't think it has aged as well as some people believe it has)
no i agree i don't think it has aged very well. not that VIII has either really, 10 is still excellent though.