Poll: What do you use: Console or PC?

Sanat

Apr 7, 2012
This isn't a flagrant PC vs console thread (It probably will boil down however), it's just a simple poll to grab data on which platform all we escapists play our games on the most.

Keoul

Apr 4, 2010
PC GAMER MASTER RAAACCCCEEEEE
Only kidding!, I own a PC, PS3 and Wii. Frankly, the PC is more fun but that's probably due to me owning better games on the PC. I really find them all entertaining in their own respect.
Wii is great for when friends come over.
PS3 is good for exclusives and large games (Assasins creed)
PC is good for everything.

Tohuvabohu

Not entirely serious, maybe.
Mar 24, 2011
It varies... lately I've been playing a lot more on my consoles.

But in terms of sheer amount of hours spent, and individual videogames owned - PC for sure.

Andrewtheeviscerator

It's Leviosahhhhhhh
Feb 23, 2012
Well I have a 360 and a PC and I play both pretty regularly, so since there is no "console and PC" answer, mine shall remain "potato"

ohnoitsabear

Feb 15, 2011
I mostly use my PC, but I have a PS3 and a Wii. The PS3 is mostly for games that I can't get on my PC, and the Wii is mostly for split-screen, Gamecube games, and occasionally Nintendo exclusives.

Pandalisk

Jan 25, 2009
Lets see. I have my PC on right now, i'm next to my PS3 and the 360 is right next to it. Can i just say all?.

Three screens on this table for each thing as well, serious eyesore.

8bitmaster

Devourer of pie
Nov 9, 2009
I use my ps3 for certain games, and my pc for the rest. I said potato, cause why not, I like both.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
I picked 360 since it's the one I use the most but I do play on the Wii, PS3 and my laptop as well

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
I primarily game on a PC, but I have a 360 for those times I want to get some perspective on how the common folks live.

Sep 14, 2009
mostly PC, due to the steam/GoG deals and mods/perdiness, but I am about to play dishonoured on ps3 and I've been playing kingdom hearts with my brother lately too.

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
PC, used to use a PS2, now I'm never going back to a console XD

Tdoodle

Sep 16, 2012
Bit of both, mostly consoles at the moment but when Steam sales come I won't be off my PC for a while. When TOR goes free to play it'll be getting a fair bit of use.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
I have a Mac because the OS has a better GUI and virus protection by virtue of being a small slice in the personal computer market, a Wii because DAT ZELDA! and a DSi because DAT POKEMON!

4RM3D

May 10, 2011
The Wii is missing from that poll.

I play most games on the PC and I try to get most games on the PC instead of the console. However I do own a console for the console exclusives.

Inconspicuous Trenchcoat

Shinku Hadouken!
Nov 12, 2009
Why my primary system is my PC:
-I like being able to see my hardware "at work" and I enjoy tweaking, maintaining and learning more about my computer.
-Every game looks better on it. And I can still play games with a controller on my HDTV if I want to (which I do--haven't been able to switch back to my 22" monitor since I tried it, funny that)
-I can easily get an unconventional entertainment solution (TM) going quickly. Such as attempting Street Fighter 4 combo trials while watching Netflix, with a VesperArcade SF YouTube tutorial open and ready to check in case I can't figure a combo out. All comfortably on the same screen.
-Faster loading times (sometimes drastically faster) means I've spent an extra year actually playing games that I'd have otherwise spent watching a spinning icon :p
-I don't need 60+ FPS all teh timez! but above 30 is really nice. In general, stuff looks and feels better at higher framerates.
-Better multi player and things like Ventrilo and Skype. I don't have to pay for P2P crap matchmaking, I get that sludge for free :D.
-There are other raisins in my Reason Bran, but I'm stopping because my posts always get really long.

I also play on a PS3. Mostly my free copies of Little Big Planet 2 and King of Fighters XIII (PS+ is really good for someone who doesn't have many games). And of course The Walking Dead episodes when they come out (when I bought, the $20 for all episodes on PSN was a better deal than Steam).

daveman247

Jan 20, 2012
BloatedGuppy said:
I primarily game on a PC, but I have a 360 for those times I want to get some perspective on how the common folks live.
The common folk don't do too bad you know :p

OT: 360 mostly for newer games and laptop for older pc games from steam/ gog. Can't play newer stuff on it because its old-timey now.

May switch to pc if the next gen consoles dissappoint me.

SomeLameStuff

What type of steak are you?
Apr 26, 2009
My PC sits at the top of the hill, laughing as my 360 sits dusty and forgotten at the bottom, right under my PS3, which is slightly less dusty and forgotten.

FootloosePhoenix

Dec 23, 2010
Primarily I use my PlayStation 3, but my laptop is decent for gaming in small doses. Really I only use it for games I can't play on PS3, which of course includes the occasional em-...er, I dunno if that kind of thing jives here, so I'll just leave it at "games I can't play on PS3." I can definitely see how some games would benefit more from the use of a full keyboard and Morrowind, which my sister just bought me for my birthday, is lovely to play on PC.