Poll: what do you want done with your body after you die

willis888

May 18, 2010
Feed it to hungry wolves. Or any other mammalian carnivore or omnivore that makes cute babies.

Mugen

Dec 14, 2011
no cold tomb for Mugen, we will burn like the heathen kings of old!

but seriously, Darth Vader. i want to be burnt in a pyre, with family watching on, and the Force ghosts of mentors and comrades looking on...

or

Boromir, set adrift above the falls of Rauros, in a boat with the broken and notched weapons of my fallen foes arrayed around me.

yep

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
I plan on getting cremated and then my ashes will be spread in space or Mt Everest...I'll be everywhere at once, bwahahaha...

If thats not possible by then, I'll take somewhere nice I go in my life.

Magnus

Dec 12, 2011
I would like my remains formed into a blunt instrument to be used on Dail-Mail journalists/Daily Express journalists/Bill O'Riley and Germain Greer/Rod Liddfle.

Sharp Blue

Dec 29, 2011
TestECull said:
If I die in a car crash: The car that killed me is buried....with me still in it.
I like your style.

I am donating my organs but then I want whats left of my body ejected into the nearest star so my light can shine upon my ancestors, or whatever form of evolution comes next, Culture style. If I can't have that then I want my ashes put into a biodegradable coffee can and thrown off a cliff into the amazon rainforest. If it is in any way possible: IMORTALITY!

Mr. In-between

Apr 7, 2010
I want to be mummified and interred in a small pyramid out in the desert somewhere. I'll have all of my gaming hardware with me along with copies of my best academic work. I'll also have it booby trapped for fun.

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
I'd let them take my organs if they're good enough or they want them. After that or otherwise I want to be cremated and have them spread somewhere. It's the done thing in my family.

colostomizer

Jun 7, 2011
Organ doner, fo' shiz. If I die (which I'm not convinced I will) I may aswell save a dozen other people.
Heart, lungs, kidneys, liver... etc. Lives saved, right their. Not to mention other transplantable things, like my glorious hair.

Plus, I look forwards to downloading my brain into an unstoppable 100-tonne robotic battlemech after my squishy meat-body has finally failed me.

Kriptonite

Jul 3, 2009
I'll donate anything anyone can salvage, but if my death is as badass as I'd like it to be, there probably won't be much left anyway! :D

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
Ashes to be spread.

I've always been really freaked out about waking up in a casket 6 feet under.

WaReloaded

Jan 20, 2011
I want my corpse to be dressed like Superman (or Iron Man) and have it thrown out of a plane.

Mr. In-between

Apr 7, 2010
FamoFunk said:
I'd let them take my organs if they're good enough or they want them. After that or otherwise I want to be cremated and have them spread somewhere. It's the done thing in my family.
If my organs can't be donated to someone who needs them, I want them placed into canopic jars with the heads of different Zelda characters on them.

Absimilliard

Only you can read this.
Nov 4, 2009
"Donate everything that can be useful, then burn the rest," is the basic message I've given. I do want the ashes to be spread, but it's not a big deal if it's kept in an urn (on the condition that no-one messes with it, like Keith Richards snorted some of his dad's, and Rodney Carrington (jokingly, I hope) wanted his to be mixed in the food at the wake).
If the cremation can be done Old Norse-style, that would be nice, though.

Dwarfman

Oct 11, 2009
Shoved in a heshen sack and tossed in a ditch for all I care. And let's face it it's not like I would be caring all that much anyway.

DannyJBeckett

Jun 29, 2011
Im' kind of torn between getting buried or getting cremated. If I were to get buried, I'd want to be with loved ones, because it'd be nice.

However, what know I want to do is to donate all my organs to transplant clinics or medical science.

WaReloaded said:
I want my corpse to be dressed like Superman (or Iron Man) and have it thrown out of a plane.
Oh god, that's so morbid, but it would be so funny!

Also, the best story I've heard about what someone wants done with their body would be the actor Keith Allen, when he dies he wants his body preserved in formaldehyde and given to his daughter (the singer Lily Allen) for her to keep. No real reason, just for her to keep.

A Random Reader

Nov 18, 2009
Donations, as you can never get too many spare organs. Plus, why would I care what happened to my body after I died?