Poll: What hurts more: kicked in the balls or giving birth?

mcl323

Sep 30, 2009
No way of telling. Men will never know the pain of giving birth and women will never know how it feels to be kicked in the balls

lwm3398

Apr 15, 2009
Yeah, sure, I feel nauseous after a good kick in the berries, but have you ever given birth? From what I understand, birth is a whole body pain, and contractions are a very concentrated pain in one place in your body. My mother had arm contractions while giving birth to my brother and thigh contractions while giving birth to me. Both times she couldn't really move the respective limbs afterward, even though she was anesthesiated during my older brother's birth.

And it goes on for HOURS. The longest time I've hurt from being kicked is 5, 10 minutes tops.

Daverson

Nov 17, 2009
As it would be quite impossible for someone to experience both, (until we've perfected nerve reconstruction, at least), there's no real way to compare the two - unless you were to quantify pain, but that would further complicate things, because there's different kinds of pain - does a headache hurt more than a papercut?

That said, you could probably figure it out, given enough time, and enough test subjects.

However, I will state the human body is supposed to give birth, whereas, it's not supposed to get a knee in a danglies.

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
As I've given birth and never had any balls to be kicked in, I will say giving birth.

Not only do you endure hours of contractions (which they don't call "labour" for nothing)
And then only stretching to 10cm and pushing a human being bigger than that from there, the burning sensation is beyond anything I've ever felt, ever.

Also, this was done with no pain releif at all, so everything was felt.

awmperry

Geek of Guns and Games
Apr 30, 2008
Birth, without a shadow of a doubt. And pain relief doesn't really factor into it - the question asked which hurts more, not which hurts more if the other comes with an epidural.

I got kicked in the bollocks once - oddly, by the bipod on one of my guns. My mother had asked me to show it to one of her friends, and I was demonstrating how to unfold the bipod. Foolishly, I had the gun at the low ready when I unfolded these two 8" spring-loaded steel legs, and they both whacked me where it hurts.

Thing is, yes, it hurt - but certainly not the "automatic reset button" I'd been led to expect. I didn't show anything outward, I just put the gun down and (rather quietly, to be fair) said "Would you excuse me a minute?"

Then I went to lie down in a dark room for a while. But it certainly wasn't debilitating, it didn't turn me falsetto, and it could be ignored for long enough to deal with in private.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Well I have gotten kicked in the balls, but I imagine giving birth would hurt more.
Now, if guys could give birth...with our current "equipment", yeah that would probably the worst experience in our lives.

Dwarfman

Oct 11, 2009
I think I would rather a kick in the balls than the 36 hours of labor ending in an emergency cecarian that my Mother endured whilst giving birth to my older brother.

SM sneaky ninja

Aug 2, 2010
I haven't given birth, but I have had surgeries on the lady parts and that was gut-wrenchingly awful; that area is gets injuried easily and it blows (phallic/falatio pun intended). Gentlemen, be thankful you have balls, because squeezing a 5 to 9 pound person out of a 10cm-diameter hole probably feels like being ripped in half. Getting kicked in the balls is nothing compared to being ripped in half.

goldendriger

Dec 21, 2010
Kicked in the balls is worse. A- Women go through child birth for a few hours, but men can get kicked in the balls every day for 9 months. and B- Women eventually want to have more children as time goes on, a man has never said "Hey guys, i fancy a kick in the balls, if you would?"

ComradeJim270

Nov 24, 2007
Talk of painkillers (naturally-produced or artificially-provided) notwithstanding, I really, really want to say that any man claiming a kick to the balls hurts more than birth is kind of a wuss. That's probably not fair, especially since it is in fact extremely painful, but the truth of the matter is, it's possible to get right back up after that, or even shrug it off. I've taken a blow to the family jewels powerful enough to produce nausea and a dizzying headache, but I was up on my feet again within minutes. I've also been kicked in the balls fairly hard and just shaken it off. I don't think that can happen with childbirth... if it could, I doubt it would be very wise.

A nut shot hurts like hell, sure, but the pain starts fading relatively quickly. Childbirth? It lasts hours and the pain is the stuff of legend. Maybe a goddamn baseball bat to the balls would be in the same league, but not a kick.

Then there's the fact pain tolerance probably varies as much within the sexes as across them. I know there's some women out there who take pain like total badasses, and some men who flinch at the very thought of it.

Gavin Paton

Apr 20, 2011
kicked in Balls heres why ask a girl who has given birth to have another baby some day in the future she may think about it ask a guy to get kicked in the balls some time in the future after hes just taken one the answer will always be HELL NO!

The Youth Counselor

Sep 20, 2008
Let's see. Getting tapped for a split second in a region or after living with a parasite for nine months...having then to slowly force a human being through a small bodily cavity...

I've never had a vagina, but I've been kicked, tapped, hit, and punched in the balls more times than I would prefer. Maybe I've gotten used to it, but it's not that bad. And I'm not even one of these guys. [http://www.ironcrotch.com/][footnote]NSFW[/footnote]

There is a reason why mothers are so unreasonable. After what they survive, anybody would be insane. [http://www.cracked.com/article_16508_6-terrifying-things-they-dont-tell-you-about-childbirth.html] [footnote]Vagina tearing and shit on your face levels of NSFW[/footnote]

That's why we should all be extra nice to our moms this upcoming Mothers' Day.

Crazycat690

Aug 31, 2009
Girls will probably disagree with me on this one, and I might be totally off, but I'd say being kicked in the balls hurts more actually o.o Just stay with me on this one... If you get kicked hard on the balls it can cause all kind of shit, it can hurt so much that it makes you puke and pass out!

Now, I don't know if women giving birth sit around puking and passing out, but I've not heard of it atleast :/

And as someone else said, it also hurts your pride!

SwishiestB0g

Aug 7, 2009
JasonKaotic said:
No pain can possibly be greater than being kicked in the balls, dude.
Surgery down there is way worse than someones foot. (I'm a guy btw)

Also imagine pushing a pineapple out of your wee-wee.

Ike Jager

Nov 19, 2009
Giving birth obviously, those who tried to explain balls hurting is worse; You'll get over it, it last for at most 5 minutes and the feeling of puking and passing out is just you with low pain tolerance. Giving birth lasts for hours and trying to force a freakin' football size head (generally speaking) through couple of inches small hole.

However, I picked kicked in the balls because I'm a man. xD

Stilt-Man

Dec 31, 2009
I'm writing under the assumption that both options are under exceptional circumstances. That is, the birth is without drugs, and the kick is done with a steel-toed boot. By that, I'd vote for childbirth. Even if we set aside the length of time (which we should, since the question asks for quality of pain, not quantity), you're essentially getting a sensitive part of your body stretched and torn. Compare that to a bonk on another sensitive part. I know which one I'd rather have.

Maphysto

Dec 11, 2010
Seriously? This is a question?

Getting kicked in the balls hurts, yeah, but a few minutes later it's over. Childbirth can last hours.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
thaluikhain said:
I'd like to answer this in the form of a SFW, but scary, picture:

*crosses legs* Childbirth is worse.
MY EYES DX

I am a man, BUT THAT IMAGE MAKES ME KNOW THAT I CAN NOT KNOW THAT KIND OF PAIN!