Poll: What if you were forced into military?

Deguasser

Feb 18, 2009
It's called THE DRAFT here in America and you have to sign up once you turn 18, and it hasn't been used since Vietnam.

If my country needs me then I will go and fight.

GrinningManiac

Jun 11, 2009
Train for Frontline Support, massacre my unit En Route, go AWOL with nothing but my gun and the severed head of my captain. I'd throw him at people who try to stop me to throw them off

chaosfenrir

Mar 25, 2008
Too late for me. My country requires all 18 year old males to serve for 2 years.

On the bright side, i doubt my generation will see combat, it's not as long as Israels', and it's supposed to "make you a man"

On the down side: 2 wasted years, with my brain rottin away....

Mockingjay

Mar 3, 2009
Civilian service. If not I'd quickly squirt out a child and be like nope, need to take care of the child.

KaiRai

Jun 2, 2008
I would thank them for saving me the trouble of waiting for my current application to go through.

I would also be frontline, best place to be!

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
Probably frontline combat support. I know my Dad got conscripted the moment he graduated high school [Soviet Hungary], and he hated it. But it mightn't be so bad these days.

Mr Sunday Night

Jun 23, 2009
Haha, I love how the majority of people (including me) voted for long range combat.

You can tell we all play as the sniper on TF2...

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Sharpeye42 said:
stay very far away from the frontline with a sniper rifle
...you people just aren't listening.

The longest confirmed sniper kill in human history is 2.4km (about 1 1/2 miles). I sincerely doubt that anyone here is that skilled. Therefore, in order to be effective as a sniper, you would have to manage to intrude some fair distance INTO ENEMY TERRITORY in order to place yourself in range of valuable enemy personnel or materiel. It would just be you and your spotter, surrounded by the enemy, with no backup anywhere within range.

Oh, and infantry usually makes finding and killing snipers a priority. And the enemy will likely have snipers of their own. ;)

To reiterate, repeat, and otherwise be a human echo:

Wadders

Aug 16, 2008
Well I'm thinking of joining the RAF or Army Air Corps after university, so I voted front line combat support, as thats the closest thing on the poll I think :D

EDIT: looking at the poll, theres gona be one hell of a lot of artillery operators and the like, as most people seemed to have opted for long range...

As the guy above me said, snipers are not long range combat, they go out with the front line soldiers, and they fight on the front line.