Poll: What instrument do you play (or have played)

Valiance

Jan 14, 2009
Piano should be on your poll, but I'm voting guitar since that's the first one I really started playing seriously on my own instead of, like, parents suggesting I take piano lessons, heh.

Tyson765

Mar 28, 2010
First instrument was a tin whistle which is like a higher toned, smaller recorder, then recorder, then a couple of years of drums. These days learning guitar and turntablism.
Finally found instruments I enjoy playing!!!

Shadu

Nov 10, 2010
I first played trumpet. Then I moved to Baritone/Euphonium. I have also played the Tuba and some percussion. I have "played" the recorder but don't feel it really counts. I have also learned some piano and have noodled around on guitar.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
At the moment, I play the bass and trombone.
I did try to learn piano when I was 10, but I quit.

Cheesus333

Aug 20, 2008
No piano on the poll. How peculiar.

Drums for me, though. I still play... sort of. I'm really out of practice, but I want to get back into it over summer. My poor, beautiful, cherry-red drum kit is gathering dust in the spare room.

Dr. Danger

Let's Talk Lobotomy
Dec 24, 2008
I played a lot of guitar.

Unfortunately, I have been traveling for the past nine months and lost a bit of my touch. Thankfully, I have been able to practise every so often due to meeting others who own one.

Falseprophet

Jan 13, 2009
Started on piano, switched to organ for a few years before going back to piano.

Recorder was mandatory in elementary school.

Picked up clarinet, bass guitar and guitar in high school. Can still play the last two. Have barely touched the clarinet in a decade, since I started grad school and a career.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
The violin, and I'm still playing it.

That instrument seem to be the start of me wanting to learn other instruments, guitar, double bass, cello, mandolin, and piano.

TheFunPolice

Mar 29, 2011
I learned to play the Bass exactly a year ago now. I don't want to sound like an self righteous dick but I was instantly really good at it. A year later and yeah I still play for hours on end. I also play the guitar sometimes. Although I find it really boring for some reason..

butterkniferampage

Feb 25, 2008
First played the piano. Now I'm a classical and jazz bassist, a funk electric bassist, a concert percussionist and a classical timpanist. I also play guitar for fun, and I'm still decent and funk and jazz drumming.

GLo Jones

Activate the Swagger
Feb 13, 2010
YES. 3 clarinet players (including myself)! Though nowadays I play more of my bass guitar...

scar_47

Sep 25, 2010
Played the alto saxophone for 2 years then switched to its big brother the tenor which I played for 5 years before I graduated, never had the cash to buy one but after college I'd like to pick up a tenor saxophone again I enjoyed playing but at around 2000 dollars its a little out of a college students budget.

LITE992

Jun 18, 2011
Started on recorder about 7 years ago, which I loved, but never continued once I finished grade 4. I started on the bass about 4 years ago which I still play to this day. I can even slap it, which amazes people even though I make mistakes 50% of the time. I picked up the acoustic guitar about a year ago which I like somewhat, but I prefer the bass.

But the instrument I've played the most seriously is the flute, which I've been playing for 2 years. I used to suck at it, but my music teacher helped me out and I loved it and ended up earning a music award at my school for "outstanding achievement."

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
First instrument I ever played was electronic keyboard. (It overlaps with piano, but due to how older keyboards work, there's skills quite important to being a good piano player you don't really learn.)

I'm not particularly good at at any of the instruments I can play, but that aside:

I have at various times either played or had lessons in:

-Keyboard,
-piano
-Ocarina (One of mine is lying on the table in front of me even as I type this)
-Recorder
-Guitar

I've also owned these, but never really learned even the basics of playing them:
-Flute (I don't know the exact name - But it's the metal kind orchestras use)
-tambourine (not a complicated instrument exactly... But still.)

And been forced to play these for at least a short period by various schools I went to:
-drums (not a drum kit, more just like a bongo drum or something similar. I'm not exactly sure what)
-harp
-triangle (but that's the usual music class joke of the instrument you give to someone who can't play an instrument)

Yeah, so it's not worth much because I can't play any of those instruments all that well. But, that's not really what you asked.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
I finished music high school a few years ago.I played piano from 1st grade to 8th then the final 3 years of highschool I studied Canto(singing).