Poll: What is the MAIN point of living?

Robert632

May 11, 2009
The main point of living is to live the way you want to, weather that's pursuing happiness, or wallowing in your misery or someother way to live.

grimsprice

Jun 28, 2009
Lady Nilstria said:
grimsprice said:
Must. Resist. Urge. To.... Blllerelrarrgggeh. *cough*.
I appreciate your honesty.
I apologize. It takes a lot of mental restraint *twitch* to not comment. Somehow my fingers refuse to participate in the whole "respect religious views" business. I'll manage it someday.

Lady Nilstria

Aug 11, 2009
grimsprice said:
I apologize. It takes a lot of mental restraint *twitch* to not comment. Somehow my fingers refuse to participate in the whole "respect religious views" business. I'll manage it someday.
No worries. I've gotten worse, trust me. Most people just mumble to themselves and don't have the courage to present their opinion, or when they do, they do it in a very angry disrespectful fashion, so your blunt honesty is actually rather refreshing.

Arcane Azmadi

Jan 23, 2009
To enjoy yourself without preventing other people from doing so as well. If you're not enjoying life, you're better off dead.

Noone From Nowhere

Feb 20, 2009
The main point of living is to transfer energy and to affect change on the web of Life, giving rise to new strains and species or cutting them off, dooming them to extinction.
Most of those choices on the poll are frightfully small picture.

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
To find your own goals in life.

I've heard enough about the "sexual reproduction" argument. I call bullshit on that. To hear "we're here to reproduce" is just too damn depressing.

That, or all hail the great whale hunter!

grimsprice

Jun 28, 2009
Lady Nilstria said:
grimsprice said:
No worries. I've gotten worse, trust me. Most people just mumble to themselves and don't have the courage to present their opinion, or when they do, they do it in a very angry disrespectful fashion, so your blunt honesty is actually rather refreshing.
Yes, i'm afraid thats just the nature of the beast. Its a polarizing subject. If you believe then it seems to be the most beautiful, touching, moving, and poetic idea. Properly delivered in speech form (with triumphant music) it will bring the religious to tears.

While that may be, the other side tends to have an equally strong (albeit opposite) reaction. Us "others" tend to be revolted by the whole situation. To "us" it seems to be devoid of any moral sense or logical cohesion.

But to each i suppose.

NoNameMcgee

Feb 24, 2009
Friends and loves, making money (money = happiness, you know it's true) and help other people.