Poll: What is the tastiest animal?

TheCaptain

A Guy In A Hat
Feb 7, 2012
The Pig it is. I do, however, enjoy the occasional hamburger, but don't find beef too appealing the rest of the time. Also, lamb is quite good if done right. Any my mothers goose she makes every year over the holidays is just to die for.

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
DEER! As soon as I get my hunting license I will be firing bows like it's no tomorrow!

FrozenCones

Dec 31, 2009
Headdrivehardscrew said:
Jacco said:
My pallet must be seriously lacking because I've only tried beef, chicken, pork and fish out of all of those. That steak looks mighty scrumptious.

You ************. Now I've a craving for the flesh of dead animals.
Here, have something you quite probably have not seen or tasted before:

http://www.tiendasdemariscos.es/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/percebes.jpg

Behold the mighty Goose Barnacle (Percebes)!

Neither flesh, nor born of flesh, yet tasty like the next best proper burger. Plus, surprise gadgetry included, as there's a little Ctulhu spaceman shrimp sitting at the core of each and every one of them!

http://lanwebs.lander.edu/faculty/rsfox/images/barnacle17L_x550_x_365x.gif

As you can see, they have no heart. Now, ain't that someting?
First thing that came to mind. In Soviet Russia barnacle eats you.

Also Kangaroo is pretty damn tasty. However, dem piggies will always be #1 for me.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
I'm a fan of "Long Pig"
(First person to get the reference gets a platter of long-pig.)
I am also a fan of C'Thul'hu calamari.

CentralScrtnzr

May 2, 2011
It's difficult to find an animal that possesses so much flavor, without necessarily being too gamey, as duck. Imagine a chicken. Then imagine a much higher fat content. Don't listen to the moronic nutritionist that drew all those fucking charts decrying fat. Fat is flavor.

But because of its high fat content, duck is much more demanding of the chef than chicken. Nevertheless, performed well, one duck makes several different dishes. If done according to a certain Chinese style, the duck is cooked in several different ways, one after another, which results in, among other things, rendered duck fat to be used for other dishes. Duck fat is glorious. Many prefer goose fat, and it is far more expensive, but it lacks the robustness of duck fat.

Anyways, Peking duck is all about the skin. At a proper banquet, the banqueters will eat duck skin, foods involving rendered duck fat (or not, fuck you, it can always be saved), and probably a soup involving the actual meat and bones of the duck. Absolutely lovely. There's nothing that tastes like it.

CentralScrtnzr

May 2, 2011
manic_depressive13 said:
Hero in a half shell said:
The greatest meal I've ever had was roast duck in a burnt orange sauce. It was beyond amazing. A taste sensation of juicy, meaty rich awesomeness with the perfect amount of fattiness.

I'm not too fond of chicken or beef, but only because I have them so often in cheap meals that can't compare to a properly cooked and seasoned dish.

Food is awesome. Meat is Awesome.

And of course what kind of food related topic would this be without a needlessly inflammatory picture from someone who doesn't know the difference between being a carnivore and being an omnivore. So much for meat helping brain development, eh?

And people say vegetarians are obnoxious...

OT: It's a cross between lamb and chicken for me, but ultimately I chose lamb. Chicken tastes a bit weird plain, so it needs to be glazed or prepared in some way. With lamb you can just stick some chops on the grill with a bit of seasoning and it's delicious.
You, sir, know nothing about trolling.

Azorian

Sep 25, 2012
Headdrivehardscrew said:
Behold the mighty Goose Barnacle (Percebes)!
Or if you want to keep kosher, you could try the Barnacle Goose!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barnacle_goose

I will admit I've not had goose, but I do like duck!

BoredAussieGamer

Aug 7, 2011
I can't possibly they're all so good. But I guess It depends on how it's cooked.

I may as-well throw something out: Snake.

Skin it, gut it, stuff it with a stuffing of your choice, wrap it around a spit with garlic chives, and spit roast it. Damn good eating.

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
loc978 said:
I'm actually most fond of Elk. It's like cow, but leaner and not bland.
I hear horse is similar. That it's sort of like if a cow and a deer had a baby, and you're eating that baby. Nom nom nom.

Username Redacted

Dec 29, 2010
While I eat mostly cow my vote will go to lamb until I find a recipe that eclipses the tastiness of the one I have for pomegranate molasses lamb chops. Sadly lamb is not currently in my budget.

RaphaelsRedemption

Eats With Her Mouth Full
May 3, 2010
Steak. Steak, cooked rare. With mushroom gravy, mashed potato and some nice steamed vegetables.

... I'm salivating. Damn you.

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
I love all of them, for the most part, but beef wins due to the fact it's highly versatile. Sloppy joes, enchiladas, hamburgers, steak, other things I know I'm forgetting.

Zack Alklazaris

Oct 6, 2011
Look the pig just has so many different parts that taste remarkably different.

Bacon, Ham, Pork Chops... the pig just wins, despite the fact I love steak more.