Poll: What is the tastiest animal?

saxxon.de

Apr 18, 2011
According to the fact sphere of Portal 2, the blue whale is 4 times tastier than humans. I'll go with that.

Bertylicious

Apr 10, 2012
Ledan said:
Cow and Crocodile.
Beef is great, steak is great. I could live off of steak, salt, and rice for years.
Crocodile: its like..... fish and steak at the same time. Pretty damn good.
I tried aligator when I was in Florida once. It was kind of chewy and not very flavoursome, but that was probably because it was ineptly cooked.

Is there a difference between 'gator and croc? What's the best way to cook crocodile?

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
Pig because it has loads of tasty bits. Chicken is pretty much limited to breast and wings, pigs however produce bacon, chops, joints and then you can make loads of stuff like sausage and scotch eggs and endless tasty things.

evenest

Dec 5, 2009
You left off the finest of foods: lobster. And don't say that fish would cover it as a category.

Headdrivehardscrew

Aug 22, 2011
Azorian said:
Headdrivehardscrew said:
Behold the mighty Goose Barnacle (Percebes)!
Or if you want to keep kosher, you could try the Barnacle Goose!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barnacle_goose

I will admit I've not had goose, but I do like duck!
I did kosher for quite a while, but it's just not worth it once you've discovered all the delicious (and healthy) food outside its narrow scope.

Matzah brei is so much more fun with either sugar & cinnamon, or - oh my - little strips of bacon.

I just believe that in these modern times we live in, it's a pretty asshole move to tell people what they can and what they cannot eat, especially when it's not about health concerns, but to keep all them silly horny people separated. Doesn't work for me. Also, not being allowed to put meat in a rich and creamy sauce is clearly taking the piss and the fun out of Western cooking. I really like all sorts of, say, Asian recipes and their handling of meat, but come on.

I still like to prepare and eat proper gefilte fish, but that's for scrap Saturdays, as they usually tend to happen right after fish Fridays. It's pure logic and sustainable leftover management.

I love religion, but I hate religious people. But this is about food, and good food laughs in the face of religion, before it tears it off to have a glimpse of the shallow emptiness behind the ever-friendly, ever-imposing façade.

Antitonic

Enlightened Dispenser Of Truth!
Feb 4, 2010
I picked chicken, but only due to flavour additives. Straight-up, beef wins.

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
Venison. Seriously, how did this not make your list? Have you not discovered the deliciousness of venison? That is a shame, as it is head and shoulders above any domestically raised food animal.

Jhooud

Someone's Dad
Nov 29, 2011
For me, fried chicken served with its natural partner - mashed potatoes and gravy - just can't be beat.

Baron von Blitztank

May 7, 2010
For me, it definitely goes to Lamb.
Bacon and Pork are delicious, but I kind of need to be in the right mood for it.
Beef steak is friggin' fantastic but that's the only way I can enjoy eating a cow.

Lamb, I can eat any time with anything and I'll still come back for more.

AmrasCalmacil

Jul 19, 2008
Buffalo, or Bison.
There's a reason they hunted that thing so damn much, the nicest, manliest meat I've ever had.

The fact I was given it claiming to be in a burger when it was basically a slab of meat in a bun helped.

Mr.Squishy

Apr 14, 2009
I love all meat, really, but I have to nominate Reindeer, moose and whale meat (living in a whaling nation, fuck yeah) as some of the tastiest meat I've had.

bl4ckh4wk64

Walking Mass Effect Codex
Jun 11, 2010
Venison. If you cook it right, it tastes just like a mix between chicken and steak but it's a whole lot healthier. Seriously, if you haven't tried it, you've got to. My cousin seasons it perfectly. I think he soaks it in Italian salad dressing for about a day or two before cooking so it's nice and tender and so very tasty.

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
Oooo some people have said deer, almost forgot. Nothing better than a fresh deer you killed only 2-3 hours before. Mmmm deer steak