Poll: What is the tastiest animal?

MetalMagpie

Jun 13, 2011
Call Me Jose said:
Pig by far, although I've never had duck I still doubt it beats piggy fat, I don't eat it often though.
Duck is well worth a try, especially with hoisin sauce. Get yee to a Chinese takeaway!

But no, it still doesn't quite beat pork.

Cazza

Jul 13, 2010
Beef

I didn't know how much I love it until I spend 1 month in Germany. With Pork being most commonly ate over beef. Living off pork isn't great. Living off beef on the other hand is great,

Subscriptism

May 5, 2012
Apparently giant tortoise is the single tastiest meat. According to historical documents by Darwin himself and anyone else who tried it they all claim that its is so much better than any other meat.

Bazaalmon

Apr 19, 2009
Bacon. Bacon Bacon Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!!! But best get it soon, before the price skyrockets.
Also grass-fed beef. It's like 4x more beefy goodness per pound than corn/soy/other-ground-up-cow fed beef.
Bison is pretty amazing too.
My brother has a friend who hunts, and he says fresh venison is spectacular, but I've never tried it before. I would like to though. I want to have ALL the meat!

Sealpower

Jun 7, 2010
In my limited experience I would say that Moose is the tastiest animal. The heart in particular (smoked heart, that is).

And I just heard one of my uncles actually got one this year. So there are some good times ahead!

Gabanuka

Oct 1, 2009
It depends. If well cooked, nothing can beat a steak. However if you're at home cooking regular meals then lamb is the best, if it wasnt so fatty it would probably be the best.

ohnoitsabear

Feb 15, 2011
saints1544 said:
Venison = Deer
Its muthafrackin delicious!
Yes. The only problem is, the only way to get it (in the US, at least) is to shoot it yourself, or have it be given to you by somebody that has. But it is sooooo good, and really difficult to mess up too badly.

saints1544

Nov 23, 2009
ohnoitsabear said:
Yes. The only problem is, the only way to get it (in the US, at least) is to shoot it yourself, or have it be given to you by somebody that has. But it is sooooo good, and really difficult to mess up too badly.
True story, but deer chili, deer burgers, deer steak, etc is enough to get my ass out of bed in the wee hours and freezing temps!

MammothBlade

It's not that I LIKE you b-baka!
Oct 12, 2011
It's a tossup between pork and duck. Shame duck is rare in these parts :(

kiri2tsubasa said:
Turbaconducken. That is a Turducken Wrapped in Bacon. I think I win.

ohnoitsabear

Feb 15, 2011
saints1544 said:
ohnoitsabear said:
True story, but deer chili, deer burgers, deer steak, etc is enough to get my ass out of bed in the wee hours and freezing temps!
I am kind of ashamed to admit this, but, even though I love venison, I have never had deer burgers. I must try this the next time I find myself with a significant amount of deer meat.

saints1544

Nov 23, 2009
ohnoitsabear said:
I am kind of ashamed to admit this, but, even though I love venison, I have never had deer burgers. I must try this the next time I find myself with a significant amount of deer meat.
It is delicious, but pretty much deer-anything is awesome. Basically depending on what percentage deer you use and age of said deer, you can put it with just about anything that cow is now used for.

Even my captcha agrees: It's Super Delicious

Ledan

Apr 15, 2009
Bertylicious said:
Ledan said:
Cow and Crocodile.
Beef is great, steak is great. I could live off of steak, salt, and rice for years.
Crocodile: its like..... fish and steak at the same time. Pretty damn good.
I tried aligator when I was in Florida once. It was kind of chewy and not very flavoursome, but that was probably because it was ineptly cooked.

Is there a difference between 'gator and croc? What's the best way to cook crocodile?
Hmm, never had 'gator. Will have to compare one day. I don't really know how you cook a crocodile, didn't cook it myself :p

karamazovnew

Apr 4, 2011
I'll have to go with pig. There are so many goodies in them that I'm willing to ignore that they taste like humans. People seem to be stuck at bacon... fo' shame. The back of the neck, medium grilled, is the best piece of meat you'll ever taste. Yum yum... Now back to my cheap chicken.