Poll: What is the tastiest animal?

GTwander

Mar 26, 2008
I voted cow...
...but regardless of the animal, you can bet yo' ass that the tongue is always the best cut.

< big seafood fan too, though.

prophecy2514

Nov 7, 2011
Chicken! because from chicken comes the chicken parma! the mightiest of the mighty of all mighty meals

Shuguard

Apr 19, 2012
Bison is #1 for me so i marked other. I get my Bison from Ted's Montana grill.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
I know the answer! What's the tastiest animal, Kowalski?

Kowalski: MEAT!

There you have it.

DrunkenMonkey

Sep 17, 2012
Oh come on everyone knows it's chicken. With all the "--- tastes like chicken" phrases, you have to come to the conclusion if everybody knows the taste of chicken, then chicken is supreme.

BUUUUUUUUUUUT

If you don't buy that, the most logical thing to say is "the most tastiest animal in fact relies on taste". (quotes don't mean a thing)

Gormers1

Apr 9, 2008
Whale is about as tender as you can have it. I wish it wasnt so expensive in the south part of Norway.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
I'd say beef is the best out of all commonly available kinds of meat, but even that can't hold a candle to the heavenly juicy goodness of roasted venison. :D

Gardenia

Oct 30, 2008
1: Lamb (I must have it. NOW!)
2: Cow
3: Pig (cured pork meat with mashed rutabaga. Again, I must have it!)
4: Duck
5: Chicken
6: Turkey
7: Fish (I grew up eating mostly fish, and I'm kind of fed up with it.

EDIT: Reindeer meat easily goes between pig and duck on the list. Moose in between duck and chicken. Whale meat (yes whale meat, (shut up, we're discussing eating animals anyway)) can vary a lot depending on preparation, but a good whale steak ranks just below reindeer.

Jacco

May 1, 2011
My pallet must be seriously lacking because I've only tried beef, chicken, pork and fish out of all of those. That steak looks mighty scrumptious.

You ************. Now I've a craving for the flesh of dead animals.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Oh god that all looks so fucking tasty. I won't be able to sleep now.
God damn that looks nice.

Headdrivehardscrew

Aug 22, 2011
If we're talking pure meat with but a hint of salt and pepper, but a hint of oil to sear and a wee bit of butter on top, it's just got to be horse.

My current favourite would be chicken hearts Brasilian style, on skewers. Marinated over night in olive oil, salt, pepper and a generous amount of garlic. Throw it into a hot pan, have some fine bread ready, voila.

I've taken to get really, really happy with meat pies made with liver and hearts. It's amazing we've come to dismiss one of the tastiest, ever-working muscles of the animals we feed on. It's a bit of a shame, really. Well, not my problem if one of the tastiest cuts also happens to be one of the cheapest.

Same goes for chicken - why do people limit their selfish cravings to chicken breasts? The whole chicken is such a wonderful thing. Even the bones give you a splendid soup to shoo many an ailment or discomfort away, or become an invigorating hot treat with veggies and a dash of Cognac.

Don't even get me started on pig and boar.

I'd like for people to get back in touch with reality and learn to respect every bit of animal, before and after we put them down to feast upon.

Since I started with horse meat, I believe I have to close this post by mentioning kangaroo - wow, that was a surprise. Rich and gamey! It really was quite a bit of a revelation to find out kangaroo meat is as lean and delicious as horse meat. Yes, it took a bit of an effort to try it out. In my ignorance, I expected it to be something like tough dry oversized rabbit - that's absolutely not the case.

Headdrivehardscrew

Aug 22, 2011
Jacco said:
My pallet must be seriously lacking because I've only tried beef, chicken, pork and fish out of all of those. That steak looks mighty scrumptious.

Here, have something you quite probably have not seen or tasted before:

http://www.tiendasdemariscos.es/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/percebes.jpg

Behold the mighty Goose Barnacle (Percebes)!

Neither flesh, nor born of flesh, yet tasty like the next best proper burger. Plus, surprise gadgetry included, as there's a little Ctulhu spaceman shrimp sitting at the core of each and every one of them!

http://lanwebs.lander.edu/faculty/rsfox/images/barnacle17L_x550_x_365x.gif

As you can see, they have no heart. Now, ain't that someting?

GTwander

Mar 26, 2008
Headdrivehardscrew said:
Jacco said:

Here, have something you quite probably have not seen or tasted before:

http://www.tiendasdemariscos.es/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/percebes.jpg

Behold the mighty Goose Barnacle (Percebes)!

Neither flesh, nor born of flesh, yet tasty like the next best proper burger. Plus, surprise gadgetry included, as there's a little Ctulhu spaceman shrimp sitting at the core of each and every one of them!

http://lanwebs.lander.edu/faculty/rsfox/images/barnacle17L_x550_x_365x.gif

As you can see, they have no heart. Now, ain't that someting?
You're telling me I can eat a Lavos?!

Sign me the fuck up!

trophykiller

Jul 23, 2010
Deer. You have not lived until you've had deer meat. Plus, it's grown in the wild, away from all of the crap we put in our meals.

And to those who hate deer hunters, just remember why it hasn't been outlawed: every year, the deer population risks going over the capacity that the land can handle. So scientist at the department of wildlife track how much hunting will need to happen to stop overpopulation. So in reality, they have to kill a few deer to save many. Harsh: yes. Necessary: also yes.