Poll: What is your favorite meat?

sanomaton

Oct 25, 2008
Why has no one mentioned elk meat... That's the best meat you can get! So yeah, I voted for other. Next best might be beef, 'unno...

Vern

Sep 19, 2008
Before a month ago I would've gone with a beef steak. Then I had venison, which I went out into a field, shot a deer, dressed it, and enjoyed. It was a wild deer, fed on grass, hay that was out on the farm, and had fresh creek water to drink. The steaks from it are absolutely divine. After grilling it, you can peel it apart with your hands with no effort. The backstrap is melt in your mouth delicious. I spent my entire life eating corn fed cows, and the deer knocked the shit out of it. And the plus, venison is much leaner than beef, so it's better for you. Better meat, plus healthier, that's a win.

phantasmalWordsmith

Oct 5, 2010
I have to say I eat chicken most but if I had to list one kind of meat I'd preferably eat...Swordfish. Best fish I've ever eaten.

TriGGeR_HaPPy

Another Regular. ^_^
May 22, 2008
I voted for Beef.

Turkey with warm cranberry sauce is godly. I'm a fan of any kind of seafood I've tried. Chicken is almost always good. But I made my decision by the best examples I could think of for each meat.
And good lord, the first time I had a Scotch fillet, cooked just how I like it (medium - just a bit of pink in the middle)... So tender, so juicy... Every bite was like all of my taste-buds were having a simultaneous "moment", and all I could taste was rainbows.

Of course, I've only had Scotch Fillet a few times in my life since it's usually so expensive... But that just makes me appreciate it that much more. :D

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
justnotcricket said:
Duck. Duck is good =D

In terms of meat I can realistically afford to actually regularly eat without hunting it myself?

Instant Noodles - chicken flavour. Thanks, Grad School! ;-P
Well you can always go to a Chinese.

It is one of the most expensive dishes in a Chinese though, half a duck with pancakes sets you back nearly a tenner, so it's a rare treat.

You can also get whole duck for roasting in the supermarket, but it's expensive as all hell.

Also, I totally forgot about Lamb, easily my second favourite. I absolutely despise the mint sauce that most people eat it with though.

Imre Csete

Original Character, Do Not Steal
Jul 8, 2010
Duck meat.

There are two foods out there I could eat myself to death with, and duck is one of them.

RickyRich

Nov 8, 2011
I love how you put the pictures of meat up there, just in case we forgot what a certain kind of meat looks like, because we're all apparently dumb as shit.

I'm a beef man myself, nothing quite like the a tender steak cooked medium-rare with a nice baked potato, some peas and a delicious roll or biscuit. But, the steak is the important part since it is made from the best part of the cow and contains the best flavor ever!

TheLastSamurai14

Last day of PubClub for me. :'-(
Mar 23, 2011
Bacon and chicken are my votes. Let me vote for two choices, Escapist! I can't be complete without both!

Headdrivehardscrew

Aug 22, 2011
My favourite no-nonsense meat would be horse. Lean, tasty, goes well with just a bit of heat, salt and pepper but doesn't need to fear any sauce.

How about some mincemeat, properly spiced up, rolled into thinly cut chicken breast, which you then wrap in bacon so you a) don't lose any of those precious juices and b) get the added bonus of porking things up? So easy, so quickly done, and it even goes well with salads and other boring non-meat foods. Plus, you could throw it at vegans and other übermensch annoyances.

Cipher1

Feb 28, 2011
Whale.... only joking whale doesn't taste that good to be honest, do deep fried chocolate covered crickets count as meat because there actually quite tasty.

ScorpSt

Mar 18, 2010
My favorite meat would have to be... meat. Seriously, any of the meat you mentioned is my favorite. Asking me to choose one would be like asking me to choose my favorite star in the sky.

pffh

Oct 10, 2008
PONY! Pony is the best meat there is and if you've never eaten a pony I feel sorry for you. It´s soooooo tasty and moist and tasty and tender and mmmmm pony. I really feel sorry for the people living the prudish countries that don't eat horses for they will probably never know the taste of a pony.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
RickyRich said:
I love how you put the pictures of meat up there, just in case we forgot what a certain kind of meat looks like, because we're all apparently dumb as shit.
That's one way of interpreting it. Or maybe I just wanted to post pictures to give the OP more weight. I don't think anyone here is dumb as shit.

Freezy_Breezy said:
There is no lamb in the poll.

Son I am disappoint.
Completely forgot about Lamb. Mostly because I've never had it... Or duck.

*notes on food I want to try*

Hoplon

Jabbering Fool
Mar 31, 2010
ALL MEAT!

seriously, while I love bacon, pork, beef, veal, chicken, lamb and mutton, thinks like Kangaroo and ostrich are good too.