Poll: What is your opinion of PeTA?

Rotting Corpse

Aug 24, 2010
I voted other, because you didn't have an option that said, "I hate those hypocritical terrorist fuckers." They do more harm to their own cause than good and I think the first step for them improving is for more people to realize that.

SoranMBane

May 24, 2009
As a vegetarian myself? Super negative. They give real vegetarians a bad name, and I'd call them a joke if their anti-human life dogma wasn't so completely evil. In fact, where is the "evil" option? After all, one of their goals is the total abolition of animal medical testing, which, while hardly nice, saves millions of human and animal lives worldwide. Bringing a halt to that would likewise result in millions of deaths, and PETA doesn't care. Theirs is just an evil worldview, through and through.

DracoSuave

Jan 26, 2009
A applaude the meaning of their cause, but find their hypocrasy to be distasteful.

I eat bacon in protest.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Neverhoodian said:
While I think your rank and file PETA members are simply ignorant and misguided, the leaders of the organization are terrible excuses for human beings. They fund domestic terrorism, oppose medical research on animals that has the potential to save human lives, and euthanize most of the animals they "rescue."
Pretty much this. I might go a little further, though. The few rank and file members I met were willing to lie to get what they wanted and didn't even identify themselves as PETA members when they talked to me. So, I'll say anyone that is willingly a member of PETA is near the lowest of the low, without being a career criminal. Though as you mentioned, PETA does support criminals.

Oh, and I've heard them compare animals rights to the Civil Rights movement. Isn't that a laugh.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
DracoSuave said:
A applaude the meaning of their cause, but find their hypocrasy to be distasteful.

I eat bacon in protest.
I'd eat bacon anyway. It's delicious.

Vykrel

Feb 26, 2009
everything below "positive". i chose "negative", seeing as all of those other options are negative as well.

i cant take PETA seriously, due to the fact that they focus more on fantasy violence towards animals or the use of animals in entertainment or advertising. also, their random use of nudity to get attention is ridiculous. pets are being abused, sharks are being finned, wild animals are being poached, and others are being skinned alive, but PETA apparently thinks it is more important to get butt-ass naked or ***** about the rat in Battlefield 3.

Feb 7, 2009
TestECull said:
I think they're a bunch of stuck up, stupid, ignorant, ego-tistical eco-terrorists who wouldn't know common sense if you smacked them with a nine iron. I'm all for animals being treated fairly, but I don't see anything wrong with eating them, keeping them as pets or using them as beasts of burden, so long as they are kept well and not mistreated.
Hey! I happen to be a member of PETA, and I take offense to your comments!

Soviet Steve

May 23, 2009
Hmm, I suppose they should stop supporting terrorism, stop supporting violence and stick to the rational arguments and actually important fights for animal rights rather than paying people to firebomb labs or declare the end of the world if people can kill virtual animals in a videogame.

RagTagBand

Jul 7, 2011
"Other" as in "All of the above, except positive, plus many more negative words"

They're terrorist enabling, pet hating, absurdly hyperbolic, moronic, dangerous, ignorant zealots with absolutely no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Elsarild

Oct 26, 2009
Please, PETA is a corrupt peice of dirt, they support people who firebomb animal testing facilities, with cash payments, they slander people who help animals, because they don't help them the way PETA wants, they lie, and they use propaganda to support what they do.

They are a lieing terrorist supporting douchbag of shit!

Sorry, but there are few things I hate less than this group of "people".

kommando367 said:
They're idiots, but they're hilarious idiots.
What is hallarious about them killing animals, then protesting animal killings?

What is hallarious about them firebombing medial institutions killing not only people in the buildings or endanngering their lives, but people who was dependant on their research?

What is hallarious about them funding Eco-Terrorist groups like the A.L.F. and slander people for doing right by animals?

What is hallarious about juxtaposing pictures of animal farms to Nazi concentration camps ?

Please, do tell.

CulixCupric

Oct 20, 2011
The Man With the Soap said:
TestECull said:
I think they're a bunch of stuck up, stupid, ignorant, ego-tistical eco-terrorists who wouldn't know common sense if you smacked them with a nine iron. I'm all for animals being treated fairly, but I don't see anything wrong with eating them, keeping them as pets or using them as beasts of burden, so long as they are kept well and not mistreated.
Hey! I happen to be a member of PETA, and I take offense to your comments!

i think you're confusing "people for ethical treatment of animals" for your membership of "people eating tasty animals"...

DRes82

Apr 9, 2009
They're no good. They are completely misguided. I think a lot of the members have their hearts in the right place, but not their minds.

There are many, many other organizations that spend donations more wisely and work more intelligently towards similar goals.

Defenders of Wildlife is my favorite. Sierra Club is a good one. I'm on the fence about the Humane Society, but it seems that they do a lot of good.

I feel like domesticated shit doesn't need help. Its not in danger of going extinct. DoW protects things that are in danger of dying out. Wolves and bears and stuff.

DRes82

Apr 9, 2009
Togs said:
Anybody who puts an animals welfare above a humans is in my opinion a blithering goddamn idiot.
I don't agree. There are many humans out there that I wouldn't shed a tear for if they were in pain or dying. However, I can't think of any type of animal that I would wish harm or death to.

CulixCupric

Oct 20, 2011
Togs said:
Anybody who puts an animals welfare above a humans is in my opinion a blithering goddamn idiot.
technically, humans are animals, because we're living organisms, and do not fit in the categories of plant, fungi, bacteria, virus, microbe, insect, arachnid, or mineral.

but i understand that you mean that our own survival comes first, and you mean to only say we need to preserve our species, correct?

Rewrench

Oct 20, 2010
The wording in poll makes me giggle.
"What is your opinion of PeTA?"
Is your opinion... ignorant, misguided or foolish?

A lot of the stupid things PETA does must be for attention.
Along with money, attention is also needed for these groups.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
They're morons.
Sure, I can get behind a movement against animal cruelty, but they're more like obnoxious, self-righteous, holier-than-thou zealots as it is.
Sometimes, they're even terrorists.
I don't think peta is actually behind the eco-terrorist bullshit, but their members definitely are.
Which isn't much better.

Escapefromwhatever

Feb 21, 2009
Terrorists. They firebomb science labs, spread propaganda, and don't even follow their own creed (They euthanize plenty of animals that don't need it).