Poll: What kind of child were you growing up?

GrimTuesday

May 21, 2009
We were all children once, well, most of us were anyway, but the vast majority were. So, what type of child were you? I grew up in a family of five boys, so that lead to a lot of mischief, most of which was perpetrated by my older brothers. That left me as both the fall guy, or the voice of reason, the phrase, "don't do that, you'll break you neck" seems to be the thing I said most as a child.

So, what were you like?

Esotera

May 5, 2011
The quiet guy and scientist, but definitely more the quiet kid. Then again, there was a fair bit of trespassing onto various properties with the other kids in the neighbourhood, so it wasn't all boringness.

sanomaton

Oct 25, 2008
I was the quiet kid and I never really get into any trouble. However I am the only one of my family who's broken bones, got scars all over my body... I was a sweet kid but I always hurt myself for some reason D: Clumsy, I suppose.

Jamieson 90

Mar 29, 2010
Well in my family I was the youngest and my older brother is 6 years older than me so I used to hang out with my friends more than anything.

I think if anything could sum up my childhood then it would be "outdoors" I think I spent every moment outside the house doing all sorts. Either exploring or going off on adventures into boarded up houses (dangerous now I know) or riding my bike. As for my personality? On my own I was pretty quiet, My parents used to laugh when they found me off in my own little world so I suppose I had quite an active imagination.

As for when I was with friends I would be the voice of reason. In my circle of friends growing up I was one of the smarter ones so I would often judge whether an idea was good or stupid. As for keeping my friends out of trouble, well we still did daft and dangerous things, but we didn't get caught that often doing anything we should not be doing. I think I knew where our parents and other authority figures drew the line so I made sure we didn't do anything that would get us into serious trouble, at least most of the time anyway.

CouchCommando

Apr 24, 2008
I went the cthulhu option ,but really it was a combo of all of them, including the cult thingy, You also forgot the violent psycho every one thought was going to be a serial killer. And the asshole who put every one down and complained about everything, because in reality he had jack shit himself.

Henkie36

Aug 25, 2010
My early experints consisted of:
-Trying to throw a flower pot over a glass wall and miserably failed
-Strapping a model airplane to firework and see waht happend (I found it back in thousands of bits)
-Throwing a pack of cherrybombs on a roaring fire (interesting result by the way)
-Shooting with an airgun into a bucket of water
-And many, many more...

GrimTuesday

May 21, 2009
CouchCommando said:
I went the cthulhu option ,but really it was a combo of all of them, including the cult thingy, You also forgot the violent psycho every one thought was going to be a serial killer. And the asshole who put every one down and complained about everything, because in reality he had jack shit himself.
I did know a guy who was the violent psychopath growing up. He wasn't allowed scissors, or within 40 feet of a friend of mine. He stabbed him four times in the calf muscle.

TO THE EDIT BUTTON, to fix this oversight.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
I was okay before I hit 13.

Started hanging round with folk a lot older and drinking, turned into an absolute dick.

Constant fighting.

If I hadn't joined the Army at 16 i'd more than likely have been dead by now.

Rusty pumpkin

Sep 25, 2009
I was both the quiet kid, and the voice of reason to my friends.
Also, I had a tendency to test things until they break. Not scientifically, but out of curiosity.

thefrizzlefry

Feb 20, 2009
I was always the snarky, brainy kid in my group of friends - you know, the Daria. The Snark Knight. The person who rips on everyone and everything for the amusement of my other friends. I'm still the Snark Knight in the circles that aren't comprised entirely of Snark Knights.

Android2137

Feb 2, 2010
I was quiet until high school. Went from wanting to wear dresses every day to absolutely hating them. Never figured out why.

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
I tried to be the voice of reason but I was also an only child so it was normally for selfish reasons.
When I said "Don't do that you'll get hurt" what I meant was "Don't do that, if you get hurt I'll get into trouble".

staika

I am Tizzy's Willing Slave
Aug 3, 2009
From a young age I never liked to break rules or get in trouble, while I was quiet (mostly from all the moving we did and the number of schools I had to change) as a kid I always chimed in when someone wanted to do something stupid or break one of the rules.

unicron44

Oct 12, 2010
Yeah I was quiet, but talk enough not to be that strange kid sitting in the corner. I'm glad I never talked because I'd always see people getting in trouble and thinking it was stupid. The kids who acted out for attention always talked the loudest so I was quiet and never got in trouble. Seemed like a good trade off to me.

CaptainREBell

Feb 11, 2009
I was a quiet little goody-two-shoes, and fabulously spoilt. Why did my childhood have to end?? XD

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Err the options could of been better. I used to be a wild child who was pretties much cause alot of problems to my family. It took a few spanking or two to set me straight and then I became a quiet kid well mostly (I was more social toward everyone).

Amberella

Super Sailor Moon
Jan 23, 2010
I was the quiet one who never really got into trouble. That changed though once I got older. I stopped caring about what others thought of me (including my family) and just did my own thing.

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
Insecure and annoying. My family used to be pretty poor,so I always felt out of place with the other kids in terms of clothes, toys and pop-culture stuff. Despite all of that, I was pretty spoiled and sheltered [Steiner school did not help; fuck Steiner schools. Hippie bullshit.].
And I've kind of remained the same. Not great at coping with life. Getting better, at 20 years of age.

/David Copperfield

Smertnik

Apr 5, 2010
The quiet prick scientist. I was kinda introverted, but very stubborn and because of that often sort of an asshole. I've always been interested in technology and taking things apart.

Hmm, come to think, I haven't changed that much.