Poll: What Kind of Chocolate do you Like?

interspark

Dec 20, 2009
I had the idea for this thread while watching that episode of Torchwood where they all reminisce. At the bit where Ianto says Pteridactyls like dark chocolate, my first thought was "but NO-ONE likes dark chocolate!" i'm pretty confident in this as it tastes like chocolate that's been dead for 3 weeks :p

so what do we think? what's our favourite kind of chocolate? i usually like white, but i'd go for milk if i'm in the mood for it

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Where's the option for 'all of them'? =P

Seriously, though, I'll eat most types of chocolate and like them (provided it's a European chocolatier, preferably Swiss or Belgian). However, I only genuinely savour chocolate with 70%-plus cocoa content. Yeah, I'm a snob that way...

interspark said:
At the bit where Ianto says Pteridactyls like dark chocolate, my first thought was "but NO-ONE likes dark chocolate!" i'm pretty confident in this as it tastes like chocolate that's been dead for 3 weeks :p
I'm deeply offended by that!

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
My aunt kept getting selections of luxury dark chocolate from a family friend when she was very ill a while back, but they were too rich for her, so she would give them to me. They certainly are an aquired taste, at first anything 70%+ cocoa tastes like its been dipped in battery acid, (I think it's the after taste which is the worst part, and can only be sated by eating more dark chocolate to stave it off, but then you suffer from a combined aftertaste) but chocolate is chocolate, so I scoffed the lot, and I grew to really like the taste (try to remember the first time you had a cup of tea or coffee, and it tasted like dishwater. Similar thing.)

Now it's a big advantage, because people always leave the dark chocolate sweets in the chocolate boxes, and I get to eat them all Muhahaha!

interspark

Dec 20, 2009
SckizoBoy said:
interspark said:
At the bit where Ianto says Pteridactyls like dark chocolate, my first thought was "but NO-ONE likes dark chocolate!" i'm pretty confident in this as it tastes like chocolate that's been dead for 3 weeks :p
the aftertaste just makes me want to drink bleach!!!

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
interspark said:
SckizoBoy said:
the aftertaste just makes me want to drink bleach!!!
Good grief how uncouth! =P

You, sir, have no appreciation of good confectionery! The mildly bitter aftertaste is the best part of eating dark chocolate... or as I call it, real chocolate.

/poncy arrogance -_-

Jake the Snake

Mar 25, 2009
I love Dark Chocolate. It's my favorite. I'll eat Milk and White, but they're nowhere close to the promise land that is bittersweet cocoa.

mireko

Umbasa
Sep 23, 2010
Dark and milk are both good, assuming we're talking about milk chocolate like Freia (no idea what you people eat in your far-off countries across various oceans).

White chocolate is disgusting.

Lord Devius

Aug 5, 2010
Mezmer said:
I love Dark Chocolate. It's my favorite. I'll eat Milk and White, but they're nowhere close to the promise land that is bittersweet cocoa.
I would agree with this 95% of the time. The other 5%, it's because it's a mixture of white and milk chocolate filled with caramel. I eat a fairly large amount of chocolate, too. Major sweet tooth.

Yet I've never had a cavity at any point I can remember. My mouth is a wonder.

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
Dark chocolate, preferably between 60 and 80 percent cocoa. I'm partial to Cadbury's as well, but I generally find it too cloyingly sweet after a mouthful or two.

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
I love all chocolate equally and do not discriminate.

Except for American chocolate, that isn't terribly nice.

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
Can't eat milk chocolate. Love me some dark chocolate. Awesome stuff. Oddly enough, the best dark chocolate I had was from Ikea. Yeah. The furniture store.

Azaradel

Jan 7, 2009
Overall, I prefer milk chocolate, but nothing - I repeat: nothing - can beat the combination of dark chocolate and mint.

Not much for white chocolate, though. It's way too sweet.

Princess Rose

Jul 10, 2011
interspark said:
I had the idea for this thread while watching that episode of Torchwood where they all reminisce. At the bit where Ianto says Pteridactyls like dark chocolate, my first thought was "but NO-ONE likes dark chocolate!" i'm pretty confident in this as it tastes like chocolate that's been dead for 3 weeks :p

so what do we think? what's our favourite kind of chocolate? i usually like white, but i'd go for milk if i'm in the mood for it
Dark Chocolate.

So there's your theory out the window. Also cause dark is currently second place in the poll.

Dead for 3 weeks? Ewww. That's such a mean thing to say!