Poll: What makes the escapist different?

Scarecrow

Jun 27, 2010
I'am kinda new here and I can see that the escapist is much better in terms of spelling, grammar and the people just seem nicer then they do and facebook and myspace. Why is this?

delet

Nov 2, 2008
This place has a gigantic ego...

Other than that, there's lots of correct grammar and many interesting or fun conversations to be had; just don't start thinking this place is the 'last bastion of hope on the internet'.

Wildrow12

Mar 1, 2009
Nothing really. Hang around long enough and you'll pretty much see the same stuff you would see in any other gaming forum (give or take a few cans of red bull).

ww666

Feb 18, 2010
what can I say you guys are awesome, just dont let it go over your heads.

LeonLethality

Mar 10, 2009
Grammar nazis make sure people spell properly (I looooove irking them by the way)

Other than that we are not too different, we get flame wars and idiots like any other video game forum. Well, we are also elitists.

replingham153

May 23, 2009
LeonLethality said:
Grammar nazis make sure people spell properly (I looooove irking them by the way)

Other than that we are not too different, we get flame wars and idiots like any other video game forum. Well, we are also elitists.
what are elitists???

TheBluesader

Mar 9, 2008
Scarecrow 8 said:
I'am kinda new here and I can see that the escapist is much better in terms of spelling, grammar and the people just seem nicer then they do and facebook and myspace. Why is this?
Well, I would say that the main difference is that MySpace and Facebook are social networking sites, and the Escapist is a gaming lifestyle online magazine with an active reader community.

So...um...those are entire different types of things. I'm sure the Escapist would seem more like MySpace or Facebook if it WERE a social networking site, but it isn't. So...it isn't.

Rylot

May 14, 2010
The mods do a good job of keeping everyone in order, also the people are way cooler.

Naheal

Sep 6, 2009
What's it matter? All three of these are social sites, just pick one that works.

Aby_Z said:

Other than that, there's lots of correct grammar and many interesting or fun conversations to be had; just don't start thinking this place is the 'last bastion of hope on the internet'.
The hell? No Auska avatar?

CoverYourHead

High Priest of C'Thulhu
Dec 7, 2008
We have mods that are a little bit more strict, and more grammar nazis.

Other than that, we're not that special.

Zacharine

Apr 17, 2009
We have good mods, and I like to think we community members care about putting at least a modicum of effort to our posts.

And I believe these two factors combined mean that the most obtuse console-tards and PC-elitists either never arrive, are quickly banned, or learn the lay of the land and thus truly idiotic threads are never made or are quikcly forgotten to bit-space from lack of participants.

The Escapist community is by no means unique in this regard, but I like to think that we are in the better half when it comes to thread topics, posting quality and civility.

delet

Nov 2, 2008
Naheal said:
The hell? No Auska avatar?
The Apocalypse has come! Repent! Repent!

I've wanted to make this my avatar for a while; while I do quite like Asuka, I've found that I also really like Mari. She's za beasto...

Mcupobob

Jun 29, 2009
Aby_Z said:

While you see we escapist are the last bastion of hope on the internet because of strikling handsome looks our bigger penis, our well oil golden chest and massive brians.

OT: The mods do a good job and people willing to play by their rules will stay.

Spinozaad

Jun 16, 2008
Target demographics. The Escapist caters to the elitist egomaniac, Facebook and Myspace cater to 'everyone'.