Poll: What movie are you most excited for this year?

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
'Nother Pacific Rim devotee.

I mean it has Charlie Day and Ron Perlman in it.
The kaiju will just be icing man.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Now that I've seen Iron Man 3, the next films I'm looking forward to now are Star Trek: Into Darkness, Man of Steel and most importantly Pacific Rim.

Aug 1, 2010
I'm shocked anyone is excited for World War Z.....

I mean, have ya read the book? Did you see that trailer? Do you know the utterly terrifying production history???

Anyway, STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE aside, Pacific Rim all the way.

Looks absolutely incredible. If anyone else was making it, I would say it's going to be good action with a bunch of shitty actors and writing, but between Del Toro and Ron Perlman, I hope it will be amazing all around.

Also looking forward to The Hobbit quite a bit.

Froggy Slayer

Jul 13, 2012
I'm split between Pacific Rim and Man of Steel, they both look pretty fucking excellent.
Saw Iron Man 3, really good.
Hobbit 2 could be good, but the first one felt quite stretched.
I am excited for Thor, but not as excited as for Man of Steel. Doesn't have the same iconic feel, you know?
World War Z, I was a fan of the book so the movie just looks wrong.

DRTJR

Aug 7, 2009
Pacific Rim, Man of Steel, and Thor 2 all have my interest.

What has my attention is The Hobbit part 2.

TheSapphireKnight

I hate Dire Wolves...
Dec 4, 2008
Pacific Rim, easily.

I had heard general chatter about it on the internet prior to seeing the first big trailer, but I didn't know what it was at the time. After seeing the first major trailer with no prior knowledge of what it was about, all my inner Godzilla/giant monster love came flooding back like it never left.

I never realized how much I missed that sort of thing until seeing trailer and though I liked Cloverfield it didn't really fill that same niche.

Please, please, PLEASE DON'T SUCK(and/or bomb) and by extension please, PLEASE let the new Godzilla be both awesome and successful.

Lever

Jun 30, 2011
Ummm... I'm kinda excited for everything except WWZ (not a zombie fan...) and The Hobbit (not a Peter Jackson fan).

So, that leaves a tough choice... (flips coin) I'm gonna say Man of Steel.

Chris Mosher

Nov 28, 2011
In Del Torro I trust. (Ron Perlman and Idres Elba as well)

Man of Steel looks fun as well but everything else makes me feel sorta meh!!!

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Already seen Wreck it Wralph (it was 2013 movie here in Euro land!), so now it's Hobbit part 2. I want to see Dragon Holmes solve the mystery. Then get brutally murdered by Bard and a bird.
IllumInaTIma said:
Someone actually spotted J.J. Abrams in that trailer and now there are speculations that it might be some sort of Cloverfield sequel or alternate take on it.
It would be awesome (and way beyond Abram's usual level of continuity) if this is a sequel to Cloverfield. It would also be quite cool to see whatever the hell spawned Clover, or to see them scraping it's bits out of central park.

Although, I kinda wanted the tanker to just snap in half when he swung it, like it actually would, there's an opportunity for a GIANT explosion there.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
IllumInaTIma said:
Pacific Freakin' Rim. I mean, have you seen latest trailer?! There's a giant monster that gets hit in a face with a tanker used as a sword. WHAT THE FUCK ELSE DO YOU NEED?!
Some promise this won't be another Godzilla (American version).

Still, that trailer did get me pumped.

OT: Into Darkness. It may suck, but it's got some great trailer footage so far and I liked the first.

suitepee7

I can smell sausage rolls
Dec 6, 2010
out of all them, the only one i'm proper hyped about is hobbit part 2. i want to see some of the others, but i can't say i'm exactly excited

C117

Aug 14, 2009
Dangit2019 said:
C117 said:
Pfah. I don't particulary care for any of those movies. The one I'm truly anticipating, the one I'm holding out for...

... is Dick Figures: The Movie!

Myeah.
Is that seriously a thing that exists?
Indeed it is! Check out the trailer!

Galletea

Inexplicably Awesome
Sep 27, 2008
Nothing comes to mind. Off the list I went for World War Z, but generally, I don't think superhero films are particularly well done and Star Trek looks all a bit mindless at the mo. Man of Steel could be awesome, but it could also be super boring, and I hate Martin Freeman so I'm happy to ignore the Hobbit.
Never heard of Pacific Rim, looks dumb, but could turn out interesting.

Izanagi009_v1legacy

Anime Nerds Unite
Apr 25, 2013
Pacific Rim

A movie directed by Guillermo del Toro who made the great Hellboy movies and the stunning Pan's Labyrinth complete with GLADOS's voice actor, that is a tribute to the Toho Kaiju movies that I also love.

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY

Dale Ware

May 11, 2012
From those movies, definitely Star Trek for me.

Seen Iron Man 3, Which was fair awesome, Pacific Rim looks good & while i'm not eagerly awaiting it, i'm sure i'll love Thor 2 when it comes out.

Haven't even seen Hobbit 1, so meh on the idea of 2. I liked the idea of World War Z, despite not having read the book, but from what i've heard the movie kinda threw half the book out the window & i'm not a fan of the whole "fast Zombie" thing...

Man of steel is just a no from me. I've never found superman to be all that interesting, and as a superhero seems a cheat to me with his almost catch-all powers...