Poll: What type of learner are you?

lechat

Dec 5, 2012
i pretty much cant be taught but just fuck off and let me do it and i'll either be better at it than you or invent some other way to do it that will make you look stupid

Glasgow

Oct 17, 2011
Auditory. I catch up very quickly. One of the reasons why I am better than my father when we both start a new project we never did before. He learns with experience and might fuck up once but will be perfect in the future, while I can gauge it with my eyes and nail it in one go.

Ljs1121

Mar 17, 2011
I picked balanced, but if I had to choose just one, I'd go with kinesthetic.

I can learn pretty well any way put out, but I always seem to remember things best by just doing them.

Bestival

May 5, 2012
Kinesthetic for all the wrong things. I've mentioned before that I bashed my face in once with a crate, trying to juggle. You'd think someone wouldn't need that lesson to know not to do that.
I've got countless examples of stuff like that, where I never even remotely consider consequences, get really really hurt, then never do that thing again.

As for studying. I never really managed to, thus I now have a job with no future, and very scary crates.

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
You merged visual with reading which isn't considered the same type of learning. The main 4 are considered visual, audio/listening, kinetic/hands on, and reading.

I am more of a visual and kinetic myself which sucks because the school system is almost exclusively reading listening type teaching.

Krustosaurus

Mar 6, 2013
All of the tests they gave us in school never really gave me a clear answer. I think I'm a mix of auditory and visual, probably leaning more towards auditory. I'm really awful at memorising things though.

Apr 24, 2008
Probably fairly balanced but with a slight lean towards kinesthetic.

I'm weirdly good at learning niche knowledge just by being exposed to it for a second, though annoyingly some of the more useful knowledge just doesn't seem to stick. There are a lot of things that I'm just not going to understand until I've toyed with it myself.

Kaymish

The Morally Bankrupt Weasel
Sep 10, 2008
when i did my learning style test it came out as visual Kinesthetic with Kinesthetic egging out the visual bu like 1-3 points it means i struggle with school and university but learn very quickly "on the job"

Tahaneira

Social Justice Rogue
Feb 1, 2011
I'm a balance between visual and kinesthetic. I can learn by having people talk at me, but only if I have something else to read/do in the meantime, so I can make connections between what they're saying and what it is I'm actually trying to learn. So, I tend to fidget a lot in classes.

Oct 2, 2012
I learn most non-math things best by reading and listening (mostly reading). Math and math heavy subjects (physics, chemistry) I do my best with a combination of reading and practicing/applying what I was reading.

Jan 27, 2011
I learn best by DOING.

If I hear it? I'll just tune it out most of the time.
If I read it? I'll probably retain some of it. But not that much. Especially if it doesn't interest me.

If I do it? I'll remember it a lot more.

That's Funny

Jul 20, 2009
I liken my learning skills to that of sponge. A dry, brittle sponge, with all sorts crap in there, but still can take in pretty much anything. (albeit in a slower capacity)

thejackyl

Apr 16, 2008
Half visual, half hands-on.

I tend to tune things out when people are simply telling me what to do, since MOST of the people who try that way forget major details, Like earlier today, my Stepdad asked me to put this bucket away. I had never seen it or used it before, so I asked where it went. He got pissed off because I can't read his mind... again.

loudmadman

Nov 22, 2011
I'm a mix of visual and auditory myself, but I tend to lean more on the former. As such, I can pick up most things if I read about them, but suck horribly if I am just thrown into the deep end.