Poll: What Video Card do you own?

ShawnRiles

Jun 13, 2009
Nvidia Geforce GTX 285. When we got the comp upgraded I looked at this beast. And I like jizzed my pants. Seriously.

koriantor

Nov 9, 2009
I love AMD, but when I found out they had a deal with ATI, I've been skeptical. I always go nVidia

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
My laptop is ATI but my PC is nVidia. So I prefer nVidia personally.

Oh yeah, they are ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 and nVidia 8800GTX (methinks)

Stoic raptor

Jul 19, 2009
At one computer, I have a Nvidia Geforce 9100
On the other computer, I have a Nvidia Geforce 8400

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Soviet Heavy said:
You can add paging files to your overall RAM. Its not much, but it can make a difference.
It'd run slower, that's what difference it'd make.
A graphics card is entirely dependent on speed in its memory access.
If it has to go through a HDD to read data, even an SSD, it'd cause ungodly amount of constant graphical lag because of the access and read/write speed.
The speed difference between RAM and a HDD or SSD is like the speed difference between the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow and that of an F-15 Eagle fighter jet.
Furburt said:
No, but I'm overclocking the VRAM. Sort of. Basically, upping the speed of the graphics card until it resembles that of a higher powered card. I'm just using the VRAM as a convenient estimate.
I know what overclocking is; I've been doing it for years myself.
I'm just saying that stating that it "started at 1Gb" is utterly nonsensical when talking about overclocking, as it has absolutely nothing to do with it.

stone0042

Apr 10, 2009
A P.O.S. Intel integrated gma4500, it gets the job done because my laptop's got a fast processor and a good but of ram, but it holds the rest of the system back. Definitely looking at the Alienware laptop due next year

E-Z

Jul 2, 2009
Recently upgraded from a Sapphire HD3650 512MB (fan died) to a Gainward 9800GT Green Edition. Kinda wish I went with a 4/5 series ATi now; I'm getting graphics corruption when I play an OpenGL game then try to play a DirectX game and I don't like having the nVIDIA control panel in my notification area (yes I know you can disable it, I cba to do it every driver release). There's also the context menu additions, Play on My for example, I only have one monitor!

Anyway, this 9800GT is just a stop gap until I get a completely new PC, which is when I'll go for ATi again.

Vie

Nov 18, 2009
ATI, used to run an NVidia SLi rig for a while but it was rather poor even in games that support SLi. So I figured I'd give ATI another go (Had issues with them in the AGP port era) and I've not looked back. While the NVidia cards gave me nothing but trouble and heat, the ATI card has been by far the most reliable card I've ever used.

I guess either AGP was as shit as people claimed or ATI had poor AGP cards, cause there great these days.

Turtleboy1017

Likes Turtles
Nov 16, 2008
Fluffles said:
I have two Sapphire Radeon HD5870's.
That must have cost a small fortune...

I got crossfire 4870 and it put me back like 400 bucks... and that was last year.

thom_cat_

Nov 30, 2008
Turtleboy1017 said:
Fluffles said:
I have two Sapphire Radeon HD5870's.
That must have cost a small fortune...

I got crossfire 4870 and it put me back like 400 bucks... and that was last year.
AUS$1000
Whole rig with EVERYTHING cost AUS$3200...
so yeah... 1/3 or so was gfx cards :/

shaboinkin

Apr 13, 2008
ATI
mainly because they offer that wonderfully great price/performance ratio

Nvidia is too expensive for me