Poll: What was the Best Lord of the Rings movie?

DenSomKastade

May 12, 2010
I prefer the first, it's just so epic. The other are great too but the landscape shots of the first film, just wow!

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
The Hairminator said:
The first one, without a doubt. The following two were just brainless action movies in my opinion.
I can't see how you could reach that conclusion in the slightest.

OT: The third. Yes the ending may be 45 minutes long, but it makes me cry every time dammit!

Really though, they're all hovering around the same bar of extremely good quality.

snow

Jan 14, 2010
The Hairminator said:
The first one, without a doubt. The following two were just brainless action movies in my opinion.
You accidentally triple posted. Just thought I'd let you know.

It's hard to tell... All three of the movies had epic moments that I liked about them, but alas... One does not simply riverdance into Mordor.

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Mr Cwtchy said:
Macgyvercas said:
Mr Cwtchy said:
Macgyvercas said:
Maybe it was the Witch King. Pure badass. (Please no comments along the lines of "He can't be that good, he was beat by a woman". That was the prohecy made 1000 years before his death, damnit!)
It's incorrect anyway.

He was beat by a woman and a hobbit :p
Well, if you want to split hairs, it never specified how many would take him down.

Do not pursue him! He will not return to these lands. Far off yet is his doom, and not by the hand of man will he fall
True. I think they should have pursued him anyway. The prophecy may not have existed if Glorfindel had kept his mouth shut.
This is true. However, the story after that would have been far less interesting if the Witch King wasn't at Weathertop or Minas Tirith.

The Root Beer Guy

Apr 1, 2010
I love all three equally, but I would choose ROTK if forced. For a big LOTR fan like myself, It has the best emotional depth.

bodyguarddied

Oct 25, 2009
God, that's a hard choice. I'm gonna have to go with Two Towers, even though I love all three films. Fellowship had a good plot, plus the Balrog. Return of the King had Minas Tirith, but I really hated the Army of the Dead. However, Helms Deep beats both of those by a long shot, so I have to choose Two Towers.

Mr Cwtchy

Jan 13, 2009
Macgyvercas said:
This is true. However, the story after that would have been far less interesting if the Witch King wasn't at Weathertop or Minas Tirith.
Plus 'The Eight' doesn't roll off the tongue very well.

Think we've gone off topic a bit :D

steevee

Apr 16, 2008
Hmm I like them all.

Helms Deep is pure badass in TTT. And the Ents are prety damn cool aswell.

But I think I've gotta say ROTK. The last battle, and all the emotional stuff. Plus it has an awsome soundtrack. Annie Lennox's voice is so haunting in Into The West.

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Mr Cwtchy said:
Macgyvercas said:
Plus 'The Eight' doesn't roll off the tongue very well.

Think we've gone off topic a bit :D
Probably. But isn't that what forums are for anyway?

OT: Also, I though the Dead Men of Dunharrow were pretty sweet.

XJ-0461

Mar 9, 2009
The Two Towers. To me it seems more streamlined than the other two, as it doesn't have to worry about all the set up of the Fellowship of the Ring, or deal with all the endings for every single character like Return of the King.

No_Remainders

Sep 11, 2009
Fellowship; hands down.

Everyone seems to consider the others better simply for Helm's Deep and Minas Tirith, but the Fellowship was so much better for the storytelling.