Poll: What was the "Game of E3" for you?

someguy1231

Apr 3, 2015
What game at E3 do you think had the best public showing/demonstration? These polls only have 8 choices, so there's no way I can fit every option. If your game isn't listed, just choose "Other" and write-in what your choice was.

My choice was Fallout 4, with FF7 remake a close second (if I had a PS4 it'd probably be first. Praying it comes to PC...)

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
Both Fallout 4 and Dishonored 2 went from "meh" to "I'll probably get that". So I guess they would be my "games of E3".

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Horizon: Zero Dawn looked cool, even despite the goofy title.

Techno-cavemen hunting robot dinosaurs with Tomb Raider-ish looking gameplay? Yeah, I can get behind that.

Was also nice to see The Last Guardian crawl out of development hell.

Dishonored 2 and Mirror's Edge have promise but didn't show enough anything quite meaty enough to get me excited.

As for Fallout 4... meh. It's a Bethesda game. That tells me all I'll ever need to know.

The Madman

Dec 7, 2007
Horizon: Zero Dawn looks really promising but it's also looking like it will be a ps4 exclusive, so not a game I'm likely to ever play unfortunately. That leaves Dishonored 2 as the only game that both intrigued me and that I'm likely to play, meaning I guess it wins by default? Yay?

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
Mainly XCOM 2. I didn't expect them to make a sequel, and it's even a PC exclusive.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
The easy answer is Fallout 4, but I was already excited for that before E3 rolled around.

The E3 surprise that got me the most was Sea of Thieves, it just pushes all my buttons. Black Flag-esque sea battles? Having your friends as ship mates? Making said friends walk the plank if they fuck up? Hunt treasure and swashbuckle around? Yes. Fucking. Please.

loa

Jan 28, 2012
I was actually waiting for anything about xcom 2 bu it never came.
Kind of strange. It's the only game out of the lot that I truly want to play.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
seditary said:
Just Cause 3.

2 was a great game and this one looks simply better in every way.
If only for the glorious decision to give you infinite C4 and grenades. Michael Bay is going to pale in comparison to Just Cause 3.

seditary

Aug 17, 2008
Cowabungaa said:
seditary said:
Just Cause 3.

2 was a great game and this one looks simply better in every way.
If only for the glorious decision to give you infinite C4 and grenades. Michael Bay is going to pale in comparison to Just Cause 3.
Devs that get it. True champions and paragons of destruction. Not to mention triple grappling hooks.

Captcha: fire + brim stone. Very apt.

JagermanXcell

Oct 1, 2012
Fallout 4 had it's many merits...

Star Fox Zero by Platinum Games... oh ok slow down guys...

NIER 2 ALSO BY PLATINUM GAMES. Hands down, the winner of my heart. By god, I can't wait to see the COMBAT since the general aesthetic is almost guaranteed to be as beautiful as the first game

EDIT: Special mention to The Last Guardian for being alive.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
As a Nintendo guy it has to be between Xenoblade X and StarFox.
Not sure which one to be honest. It's only been a few year since I enjoyed Xenoblade on the Wii, which was an awesome game. But it's been way too long since I got to enjoy the adventures of Fox and his team so the expectations are somewhat different. Waiting for both though!

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
I've still not recovered from the announcement of Gears 4, so there really was no competition as far as I'm concerned. That it got announced immediately after a Gears 1 remake certainly didn't help my metaphorical ovaries.

I fully accept that this is probably just like 10 minutes of the game and the rest will be Gears 3 silliness, but Judgment levels of refinement with the D-Pad weapon select and Gears 1's atmosphere. I'm drooling. I need this inside me now.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Definitely Nier 2. Your FF7s, your Last Guardians, they were already rumoured to be there - even if people did laugh them away beforehand.

But a sequel to one of my favourite games by Platinum bloody Games (my favourite dev by some distance at the moment)? That's not something I could've even imagined happening.

blipblop

May 21, 2009
No man´s sky and that it will come to pc the same time was great news so now I can sell my inferior ps4