Poll: What was your First Pokemon?

Bagaloo

Sep 17, 2008
Charmander. I can't not pick him, it's a curse.

I recently found my old GBA and the original Pokemon Red, started playing it and picked Charmander yet again. Even though I'm not too fond of his evolutions. Even though it makes the first two gyms a ***** to get through.

Curse you, Charmander, and your absolutely adorable little face!

joshuaayt

Vocal SJW
Nov 15, 2009
I started a decent bit later than most "Real" fans, soon after yellow came out. However, if first pokemon means first pokemon I obtained, that would actually be Eevee. See, back then, when I was a wee lad, only just ripping open my first pack of pokemon cards and sharing in Ash's mighty adventures, we were quite the poor family (Still are, I s'pose) and my sister and I were sharing the game. She started it and was rather posessive, but one day she went on an excursion whilst I was sick, so I seized the day, and, blindly staggering about a game I'd never played, managed to talk to some weird dude in a building.
My first STARTER was Squirtle, as we got red version a few months later.

TheRealGoochman

Apr 7, 2010
Squirtle
I was also so pumped when it evolved for the first time into Wartortle and even more so when it turned into Blastoise

Joshroom

Oct 27, 2009
Totodile. I just loved that little guy. And he had the most awesome evoloutions as well.

Vohn_exel

Residential Idiot
Oct 24, 2008
Charmander. I like fire, they didn't have a "wind" pokemon,and he looked like a dragon. I played Red too, so that kind of helped my decision.

imaloony

Nov 19, 2009
Squirtle. I just love that little turtle. He's so cool. And his final form has water Cannon's on his shoulders. That's just bad ass.

UnTedOne

Apr 13, 2010
Charmander.

It was a choice between a wet turtle, a plant dinosuar-thing and a Dragon.
It wasnt a very hard decision

interspark

Dec 20, 2009
yeah its a no brainer really, the kids of 10 years ago given the choice of a titanic, plant-based quadruped a giant turtle of a frickin dragon, its the dragon every time

Icingdeath

Aug 21, 2009
I started Pokemon with Yellow, so I had Pikachu of course. But in every other version I've played,(Silver, Sapphire, Pearl, and Fire Red) I've always picked the Grass-types for some reason, they've always just appealed to me more.

CJMacM

Mar 21, 2010
My first Pokemon was Squirtle but only because I could never beat Brock with Charmander. I could never beat him with Charmander,or any other guys so I started off with Squirtle. Now I just get whoever is the fire type

Crystal Cuckoo

Jan 6, 2009
Totodile (because I thought he would evolve into a dragon, like Charmander).

Granted, I had played Pokemon before I bought Crystal, but it was only until 2001 that I managed to convince my parents to let me have a Gameboy.

And it was so worth it.

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
Can't remember, probably Squirtle. Mighta been Pikachu, can't remember if I played Yellow first.