Poll: What will you be playing Metal Gear Solid: The Phantom Pain on?

Ambient_Malice

Sep 22, 2014
So Phantom Pain is coming out in about three weeks. I'm going PC, since I'm a PC gamer. (Bless you, zombie Konami, for moving the PC release date up.) But I was wondering how fellow Escapists intend to experience the game.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Most likely it'll be my 360.

There's a chance that I'll get it for the PS3 as it has always (primarily) been a Sony property but I've always preferred the 360 controller over the PS3 controller.

There is a remote chance that it will be on the Xbox One/PS4 (whichever I get) as I intend to get one of them with a (hopefully) killer Black Friday deal but we'll see.

I generally don't buy games right away anyway since they drop in price so quickly so really anything can happen.

Xeros

Aug 13, 2008
If I play it at all it'll be on PC. Don't have much time for it these days, and there're plenty of games ahead of it in the queue.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
PC. I pre-ordered it. Hopefully Steam will let me download the game ahead of release so I could play it on day one. I'm so excited.
I just finished posting in another topic the reason why I pre-ordered MGS V. It is because it doesn't have any pre-order bonuses worth having. It is a complete game. Well, MGO won't be out on PC until 2016 but who buys an MGS game for its online component?

Baron von Blitztank

May 7, 2010
I'm planning on getting it both for PC and PS3.

PC since it'll be the better looking of the two. My PC didn't have any issues running Ground Zeroes and since The Phantom Pain's system requirements aren't any different and it's the same game engine, it should run fine and dandy.

PS3, which I'll get after the game goes down in price or if I'm wrong about if my PC can handle TPP, since I own all the previous Metal Gear games on that system and with this being the last Metal Gear Solid game it'd be nice to have an entire series of games on the one console.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
I had been planning on getting it for my PS4, but then Konami went absolutely self-castratingly (yes, that's a phrase I'm making up just now) insane and started shitting all over it's IP's, Customers, and even it's Employees.

So for once I actually am going to try that whole "vote with your wallet" thing and refuse to buy this game.

That being the case, I guess the answer to the question of "What will you be playing MGS: TPP on?" for me is "Nothing." :p

Areloch

It's that one guy
Dec 10, 2012
LeathermanKick25 said:
Will gleefully laugh at all the slacktivists who won't buy because "fuck Konami, support Kojima!"

You could always support him by getting his final game (despite what the box art may say. It's still Kojimas game".
Minor point, but someone putting their money where their mouth is and not purchasing a product because they disagree with it or the producing company, then that's not really slactivism. That's actually doing something, albeit minute. And Kojima won't get any of the royalty money, so any purchases of the game won't be going to him, as lame as that is.

That said, I love MGS and this'll probably be my last Konami game. I'm going to be getting it on PS4 and PC.

PC for mods(the modding for GZ was already excellent, so if they can do the same for TPP, then it should be downright magical), but sometimes I just want to be lazy on my couch and do some sneaking so having that console copy would be good for that.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
If I get around to it it will be on PC. I haven't actually played a Metal Gear game before so I've got some catching up to do.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
PS4 version, it is great how little difference there is between last-gen and current-gen versions of ground zeroes. The Fox engine must be a damn fine thing. I only notice a 60fps Improvement and slightly better draw distance.

Will get physical copy so I can at least scratch off Konami and replace with Kojima. It will only affect me and any potential future subjects of testing.

New World Fool

Feb 15, 2013
It'll be the Playstation 4 for me~! I'll be picking up a physical copy from my local game store where the boxes still have Kojima's name on them!

thewatergamer

Aug 4, 2012
Where's the option for "Nowhere because fuck konami"? I feel bad for saying it but I've never been into MGS but I was interested in the Phantom Pain... keyword WAS, since Konami's recent behavior especially towards Kojima, you know that guy that MADE THE FRANCHISE? I'm not going to buy it at full price, if it's an amazing game maybe I'll buy it on sale or something...

Valkrex

Elder Dragon
Jan 6, 2013
Playing it on PC. Got a free copy of it from NVIDIA when I got a new video card!

Kotaro

Desdinova's Successor
Feb 3, 2009
I won't be playing it at all.
For me, Konami died on April 29, 2015, and I will never buy any product from them released after that date.
Even if the game is discounted to a penny, I will not spend that penny on it.

Major_Tom

Anticitizen
Jun 29, 2008
I'm not giving money to fucking Konami. Maybe when it's dirt cheap or after someone crashes a 767 into Konami HQ *whistles unsuspiciously*.

Edit: I forgot, fuck Konami.