Poll: What would you save? All of your gaming accounts/memory, or a person?

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
This was inspired by that guy who did the one about saving your pet or a stranger, i won't deny it.

I've put i new twist on it, though, but this one will test your nerdiness! EVERYTHING YOU'VE WORKED ON in your gaming life, all your memory, gamerscore, acheivements, money spent on subscriptions, WOW account etc etc etc, ANYTHING that you've ever done in gaming, will be lost if you save the stranger, remember this is likely to be what you've spent most of your life doing and spending money on.
But, if you don't save the stranger, you will keep all of your gaming gains, but forfeit your (assumably) stable consience and reputation. In other words, you might feel bad for it, and everybody else knows you did it, but are not punished in any way.

So what will it be?

EDIT: You don't know the person and you will not ever meet them or identify them, AND, by losing memory i mean only saved data. Not the memory stored in that hard drive we call a brain.

Nexus4

Jul 13, 2010
I'm not subscribed to anything, I can make a new account on anything in about 5 minutes, I don't give a shit about gamescores, achievements or trophies and my save games are not generally very far into my games. But, I'll kill the stranger for fun! nah, just kidding that would be fucking stupid.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
I'm a selfish, cynical bastard.

Plus I paid good money for my Live account and Steam games.

tokae

Mar 21, 2011
I save the stranger here, I lashed out abit in the "stranger vs. my beloved cat"-thread but this is something completely different.
I have never been one for gamescore or achievements. I have always struggled with buggy systems and loss of data and saves so I have no problem in saying FUCK THAT SHIT!!!
I can always beat games again but if I let a person die with my only viable defense being "E-PEEN SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BIG!!!" then I would have to off myself for the sake of never letting my DNA be passed down to another generation. (however accidental that may occur, hurr-hurr)

staika

I am Tizzy's Willing Slave
Aug 3, 2009
Just to be different I will save my accounts and stuff and go to sleep at night thinking that the stranger that died was a pedophile or a murderer or something to that effect, but knowing my luck it will be the man that would have cured all the worlds diseases and helped create world peace, if he wasn't mysteriously killed in an unspecified way.

You know what i can live with that.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
Again, don't know him, don't care. Give me my damn games.

Also, I may have been slightly swayed at how unoriginal this topic is. Normally it doesn't bother me, but come on man, put it on a notepad or something and give it a week :p

But yeah, don't know him, don't care, at all. In the slightest.

Scorched_Cascade

Innocence proves nothing
Sep 26, 2008
The vagueness makes me think that my gaming achievements have in some way endangered a stranger's life.

Either way I'd pick the stranger every time, my gaming accomplishments aren't how I define myself so it would not be too big of a loss. Having the chance to save someone and throwing it away? That would affect my self-image drastically.

So for me it was a no-brainer.

Jamboxdotcom

Nov 3, 2010
Scorched_Cascade said:
The vagueness makes me think that my gaming achievements have in some way endangered a stranger's life.

Either way I'd pick the stranger every time, my gaming accomplishments aren't how I define myself so it would not be too big of a loss. Having the chance to save someone and throwing it away? That would affect my self-image drastically.

exactly this. how could one live with himself knowing he'd judged a human life to be of lesser value than a few hundred (or thousand) bucks and a few thousand hours of time?

also... holy crap, i've seen other people comment on the captcha today, but i'm having problems, too. had to refresh like 5 times before i got something legible!

manaman

Sep 2, 2007
I could live with tossing my save games and account data, so yeah I would save that stranger. However try to take my game collection from me and that stranger is just going to have to fend for themselves.

I can play the games again, but I am not going to replace 20 years of buying games for someone I don't even know or see. Especially not if its some choice scenario where the fault for the killing really rests on the lunatic actually doing the killing's shoulders.

Ladette

Feb 4, 2011
Meh, I can regain the data fairly easily. I'd have to be in a good mood though, not one of my misanthropic, fuck all you humans, ones.

Now if it was my games collection or a stranger, meh? Tough break brah.

Mimssy

Dec 1, 2009
Jamboxdotcom said:
Scorched_Cascade said:

exactly this. how could one live with himself knowing he'd judged a human life to be of lesser value than a few hundred (or thousand) bucks and a few thousand hours of time?

also... holy crap, i've seen other people comment on the captcha today, but i'm having problems, too. had to refresh like 5 times before i got something legible!
I agree with all of this. Data is data, nothing that cannot be replaced. A single human loss is felt by many. I would never be so selfish as to save something that matters only to mean and isn't even living.

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
Depends on the stranger, there are certain types of people that i just don`t give a crap about, but i guess i wouldn't know since hes a stranger and all that, so i choose him. Only piece of data that i would actually miss would be mass effect 1/2 saves, but that would just motivate me to replay these games, which i already plan to do.

Gladiateher

Mar 14, 2011
I beat games rather quickly and all those achievements and whatnot are crap anyway. I really wouldn't give a shit if that data was gone.