Poll: What would you save? All of your gaming accounts/memory, or a person?

Naleh

May 25, 2010
The person. Not hard. I can always start a new life; if I don't help, the victim can't.

ilspooner

Apr 13, 2010
Hmmmm, lose my zero subscriptions and crappy save files and save a life, or keep them and cause someone to die and pain and grief through the family. What a hard choice. The stranger would be safe within a split second.

Aranialis

Oct 24, 2009
I'd save the perfect stranger. I am selfish... but what kind of human beings are we if we don't value a human's life over a virtual impression that we are actually good at something. By saving someone we would definitely be good at something. I frown upon anyone who said they'd rather save their games....

lolelemental

Oct 2, 2009
Headsprouter said:
This was inspired by that guy who did the one about saving your pet or a stranger, i won't deny it.

I've put i new twist on it, though, but this one will test your nerdiness! EVERYTHING YOU'VE WORKED ON in your gaming life, all your memory, gamerscore, acheivements, money spent on subscriptions, WOW account etc etc etc, ANYTHING that you've ever done in gaming, will be lost if you save the stranger, remember this is likely to be what you've spent most of your life doing and spending money on.
But, if you don't save the stranger, you will keep all of your gaming gains, but forfeit your (assumably) stable consience and reputation. In other words, you might feel bad for it, and everybody else knows you did it, but are not punished in any way.

So what will it be?
If we have bought games off steam, do we get to keep them??

If we do then the stranger, if not then still the stranger, but i'd be pissed with him and ask him to re-buy all the games.

iamthelizardqueen88

Dec 10, 2010
it would really have to depend on what im saving them from/how much effort i would have to use to save said person. i mean i dont care took much about that gaming stuffs i always could just redo it all but i also care just as little about most people

Radeonx said:
I'd probably end up taking my games. I'm a selfish bastard.
i think i got you beat in the bastard category

Toriver

Lvl 20 Hedgehog Wizard
Jan 25, 2010
The stranger, in a heartbeat.

I feel sorry for the state of gaming culture that we even have to ask such a question.

Have we really sunk that low?

Bobbity

Mar 17, 2010
I'd pick my dog over a stranger, but a stranger over my video games, even if I would miss them :p

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
I wouldn't be able to live with myself for killing a stranger over my gaming[sub]which I really value![/sub]so I'd end up saving him/her.
[sub]There goes over 1000 dollars worth of gaming related stuff.[/sub]

Toriver said:

I feel sorry for the state of gaming culture that we even have to ask such a question.

Everyone has grown up with different morals and values, don't be so surprised.They aren't any less of a human...
EDIT:Last part irrelevant.

Toriver

Lvl 20 Hedgehog Wizard
Jan 25, 2010
tellmeimaninja said:
Toriver said:

Well, we're certainly not above considering ourselves superior to others.
I know that, I know that quite well.

So with that in mind, I can see why some gamers would pick their games, but that doesn't make it any more of a good or right decision.

Kortney

Nov 2, 2009
DuctTapeJedi said:
A person, seriously, how is this even a question?
What's even more surprising is the amount of people who would save their video game files..

Pathetic. Once you start valuing video games over human life, you are doing it wrong. And people wonder why our medium is criticised so much.

NathLines

May 23, 2010
This is much easier than the Pet/Stranger one. I'd save the stranger. Save games are only good for games I'm currently playing. If I start playing a game again, I'm likely starting over anyway. I'm a grinder at heart too.