Poll: What would you save? All of your gaming accounts/memory, or a person?

Hader

Jul 7, 2010
Is this for realz?

You can replay a game. Of course I would save a human life. I would save any life over...game data.

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
lolelemental said:
Headsprouter said:
This was inspired by that guy who did the one about saving your pet or a stranger, i won't deny it.

I've put i new twist on it, though, but this one will test your nerdiness! EVERYTHING YOU'VE WORKED ON in your gaming life, all your memory, gamerscore, acheivements, money spent on subscriptions, WOW account etc etc etc, ANYTHING that you've ever done in gaming, will be lost if you save the stranger, remember this is likely to be what you've spent most of your life doing and spending money on.
But, if you don't save the stranger, you will keep all of your gaming gains, but forfeit your (assumably) stable consience and reputation. In other words, you might feel bad for it, and everybody else knows you did it, but are not punished in any way.

So what will it be?
If we have bought games off steam, do we get to keep them??

If we do then the stranger, if not then still the stranger, but i'd be pissed with him and ask him to re-buy all the games.
You don't know who the stranger is, and you lose ALL of your games. And ALL includes ones bought on steam.

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
moretimethansense said:
Headsprouter said:
This was inspired by that guy who did the one about saving your pet or a stranger, i won't deny it.

I've put i new twist on it, though, but this one will test your nerdiness! EVERYTHING YOU'VE WORKED ON in your gaming life, all your memory, gamerscore, acheivements, money spent on subscriptions, WOW account etc etc etc, ANYTHING that you've ever done in gaming, will be lost if you save the stranger, remember this is likely to be what you've spent most of your life doing and spending money on.
But, if you don't save the stranger, you will keep all of your gaming gains, but forfeit your (assumably) stable consience and reputation. In other words, you might feel bad for it, and everybody else knows you did it, but are not punished in any way.

So what will it be?
When you say memory, do you mean my actual memories of having played the games or just my save data.

If my actual memory would be removed I'd say fuck the stranger, if it's just data ut's a massive loss, but still preferable to losing a human life.
Its your saved data. You keep your memories of playing the games, otherwise, would you experience any pain? Nope.

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
Frozen Donkey Wheel2 said:
Um, obviously the person. What kind of sick fuck would save the gaming stuff?
Actually, i was curious to see who would choose their gaming stuff over a person. I got more ''save my gaming stuff'' votes than i thought i would, actually. So that would make them sick fucks? Although i would apply that term more to paedophiles rather than selfish people. Just personally.

May 5, 2010
Headsprouter said:
Frozen Donkey Wheel2 said:
Um, obviously the person. What kind of sick fuck would save the gaming stuff?
Actually, i was curious to see who would choose their gaming stuff over a person. I got more ''save my gaming stuff'' votes than i thought i would, actually. So that would make them sick fucks? Although i would apply that term more to paedophiles rather than selfish people. Just personally.
Yeah, well...I guess there's selfish and there's SELFISH.[footnote]And then there's shellfish, which is something COMPLETELY different.[/footnote]

If that makes sense.

Death God

Jul 6, 2010
Since most of my stuff can be re-gained easily due to me being poor and taking everything I need onto flash drives, the dude. But even if I had more memory and saves, it would still be the dude.

Sparcrypt

Oct 17, 2007
Memory as in brains or memory as in data?

My actual memories, you're asking me to destroy myself as a person... so no.

Gaming data? Delete away. Back in the day you had none of this anyway, you hit 'off' on your game and that was the end of it for the most part. Even games that let you save, not likely you're still hanging on to them.

The one that'd hurt the most is my WoW accounts... I don't even play much these days, but it's still a LOT of effort that went into something. Having it gone would suck.

Apr 24, 2008
Kortney said:
DuctTapeJedi said:
A person, seriously, how is this even a question?
What's even more surprising is the amount of people who would save their video game files..

Pathetic. Once you start valuing video games over human life, you are doing it wrong. And people wonder why our medium is criticised so much.
I would be willing to bet that a great many are either being purposefully lighthearted or refusing/unable to appreciate the intended severity of the silly hypothetical question.

I wager £50 that this thread is not serious business.

Trogdor1138

May 28, 2010
I just wanted to point out that I find the morality in this thread extremely fucked up and people that would pick their game saves and shit over human life has some serious living to go out and do. This is coming from a person who has been gaming his whole life and has a huge collection of consoles and games.

Unless of course people are joking around about it, since it's hard to tell on the internet, the point stands though.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Well, I still have muy memory of playing the games, that's what s important. Also it might be fun to replay all those games. BUT! There's a really good chance that stranger is a complete dick or not worth saving anyways. So I'd still probably kill off the stranger. Maybe I just hate humanity, I don't know. If I knew that the stranger had a loving family, of course I'd save them. But there are 6 billion people in the world and the vast majority are assholes. So I dunno, maybe it's nice with a little pruning. I'd probably sacrifice a human for a lot less.

Please don't take offence with my dislike of humanity. It doesn't mean I don't like you, seeing as you're on the escapist I would probably like you. It just mean I don't like the idea of you. There are just too many people, we need pruning.