Poll: What's more annoying, a blocked nose or a runny nose?

CitrusLover

Oct 28, 2011
I think blocked nose is more annoying because if you have a runny nose at least you can breath.

Raognerrrm

Apr 2, 2011
Definitely the blocked nose. If I get one of those, I still produce the same amount of snot, which then goes down my throat. It is not a pleasant feeling.

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
Runny nose, because I'm constantly sniffing and looking around the house for tissues.

Zeema

The Furry Gamer
Jun 29, 2010
Runny noses because sometimes there like ninja's and just roll out

Kaisikudo

Sep 30, 2009
You notice a blocked yourself, but the outside world might not.
The outside world might notice a runny nose, but you might not.

Personally the runny nose annoys me more.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Runny noses that you don't know you have until you wonder why your shirt is wet.

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
Blocked. I prefer being able to breathe at the expense of looking silly.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Running nose since I can be forceful to get my block nostril unblock (press my unblock nostril with my finger and blow with all my might with my block nose which should clear it out).

BathorysGraveland

Dec 7, 2011
Runny nose is definitely worse because you need to blow it with a tissue every 2 damn minutes and it always has that horrible fuzzy feeling. A blocked nose ain't no packet of crisps either, but at least I can simply breathe with my mouth and avoid the worst of it.

Philol

Nov 7, 2011
Runny, it looks more disgusting, feels strange, and you go through tissues every few minutes.

Felstaff

Sep 19, 2011
Philol said:
disgusting, feels strange, and you go through tissues every few minutes.
Some people pay good money for websites that do this.

I much prefer blocked, because I'm a bit of a mouth-breather myself. This morning my nose was blocked + drippy, and I had no tissues, and the bus was quite crowded. I couldn't sniff it back up, because the nasal passage itself was blocked, and I got that cold, tickly sensation around my left nostril for half an hour. Previous experience has taught me that wiping your nose on the back of your hand when it does this is ill-advised, because then you get the 'string' as you withdraw your hand. I was trying to read my book, and had my palm ensconced 'pon th'offending nostril, terrified of withdrawing it in case the liquid nose juice decided to spider-thread between the nostril and anti-palm of my hand. I ended up fishing a receipt out of my wallet and quashing the damp foe with that. But still, very uncomfortable.

At least with a blocked nose it is the passage itself that has closed up, rather than proliferated snot, which can be very drippy and embarrassing in public places if you're not equipped to deal with it.

Vegan_Doodler

May 29, 2011
For me blocked is much worse, it means I have to breve through my mouth and my thought ends up getting dry and sore, and I have never understood why we evolved like this.
Evolution: "I know when a human is sick (an already vulnerable state) it would probably be best if one of their air ways was blocked to"

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
I can more or less function and more importantly sleep with a runny nose. To prevent nose rawness from wiping it so often I say 'fuck it i don't care if i look ridiculous' and put some old fashion vaseline goop on my sniffer.

I always end up blowing my nose more when it's blocked anyway. That and the wife makes me sleep elsewhere because of my thunderous snoring when my nose is blocked.