Poll: What's the best animated show airing right now?

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Lord Garnaat said:
I'd like to think that the irritating period of time in which there weren't really any good animated shows going on, when Cartoon Network stopped making good content and a lot of great stuff was either cancelled or significantly decreased in quality, is over. Nowadays there are several truly awesome animated shows around, so which is your favorite? Note that it has to be an animated show that is currently running, nothing that's not currently making new episodes.

My apologies in advance if your preferred show isn't on the poll, I don't really have that many options to use so I just picked the most popular shows I could think of.

Personally I'll have to go with MLP. I do adore The Legend of Korra, and personally think that it's even better than the original, but there's just something about those ponies that causes my brain to devote all of its spare attention to it. Its like some sort of sick, twisted virus that destroys your spare time.

I haven't had a chance to see Adventure Time or Gravity Falls yet, so maybe I'll think that they're better when I see them, but for now I'll stick with what I believe.
Gravity Falls is the best thing that has happened in a long time on the Disney Channel

Only thing worth watching there

Edit: ninjad on the vid

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
kuolonen said:
The Boondocks. God that show makes me laugh so hard. At least as good as family guy. For gems of the show search uncle ruckus in youtube.
I really hope they make a new season

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
Even though there are many shows on the poll that I like I still voted for Korra based on enjoyment of the story and action in general and Steve Blum playing Amon get's a vote in a heartbeat from me either way.

And I couldn't help but notice how civil everyone in this thread is being, that is until someone on this page had to go and cast the first stone while voting for their obvious show based upon their avatar >.>.

ninjaRiv

Aug 25, 2010
Loop Stricken said:
ninjaRiv said:
It actually annoys me when people say that the 1990s had the best cartoons or before then. Yeah, Animaniacs, Looney Toons, Freakazoid, The Mask...
OH GOODIE.
Now I have that damn theme tune stuck in my head again!

Also, not choosing! Hah!
Oh so you thought you'd make us all suffer? Not it's stuck in MY head!

VeryOddGamer

Feb 26, 2012
Well, I haven't watched any of them except for Futurama, and okay, I've watched this Joshscorcher bloke's reviews of MLP:FiM episodes, so I'm going to have to go with Futurama.

Wait, didn't Doctor Who have a couple of animated specials?

an annoyed writer

Exalted Lady of The Meep :3
Jun 21, 2012
WHUAAAT? No Tron: Uprising? Okay. Just stay right there. I'll be back with the flamethrower.

A few hours later:

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
For me, a tie between Futurama, Friendship is Magic, & Adventure Time, but I also have a soft spot for Regular Show.

Reiper

Mar 26, 2009
Hmmmm imo disneys current offerings are fairly weak.
Gravity falls actually isn't too bad, but I cant stand phineas and ferb

Oh how I miss kim possible

Jegsimmons

Nov 14, 2010
MLP out doing adventure time in the poll.
fuck this earth and all who inhabit it.

Its a tie between adventure time and legend of korra.

Jegsimmons

Nov 14, 2010
Bhaalspawn said:
I had to vote for MLPFiM, mostly because it's made in Canada, and Canada's animation industry has been making everyone their ***** lately.

Oh... and national pride I guess, but that's not really a thing here.

because flash cost less than 2 dollars an hour for crap animation?

yeah, use that flash program and repeat the animation style of Metalocalypse and we'll talk.

until then, enjoy the horror that is Johnny Test, total drama, stoked, 6teen and what not.
i'll be enjoying adventure time, regular show,young justice, star wars clone wars, legend of korra, archer, ect.

also on that johnny test one, that used to be some what well directed with uncluttered and retarded looking animation with an ok layout that didnt hurt your eyes...then what happened....CN bought it, gave it to canada to animate, and it turned to shit.
maby i sound rude, but i have no remorse for a show that once appeared 8 times a day for a total of four god damn hours during the day. that's heinous. that should be a criminal offense.

Jegsimmons

Nov 14, 2010
an annoyed writer said:
WHUAAAT? No Tron: Uprising? Okay. Just stay right there. I'll be back with the flamethrower.

A few hours later:

cool fact...tf2 might actually be made into either a series (possibly TV) or indy films.

Xangba

Apr 6, 2005
Lord Garnaat said:
I sincerely believe that Seth MacFarlane is a egotistical prick who wouldn't know humor if it beat him over the head with one of his inane cut-away gags, so I declined to acknowledge any of his shows in the poll. Call me petty, but I don't want his garbage creations to even be put in the same general area as the far, far better ones already listed.
To be fair, right there you sound like an egotistical prick who wouldn't know the concept of different opinions if it beat you over the head with...well something, I'm too tired to continue this line.

Anyway, couldn't resist doing that, sorry. I actually enjoy American Dad, as do many other people. I hold nothing against the listed shows, as some of them are quite good, but because you don't like something or like the creator of something and say that everything you like is "far, far better" is rather obnoxious. I'm not holding anything against you, just advising to avoid that kind of statement like "far, far better"

OT: Well from the list I'd say either Korra or Futurama. I haven't seen Futurama in quite some time though and some people have told me it's not as good anymore, but people say that about everything so meh.

Jegsimmons

Nov 14, 2010
Bhaalspawn said:
Jegsimmons said:
Bhaalspawn said:
I had to vote for MLPFiM, mostly because it's made in Canada, and Canada's animation industry has been making everyone their ***** lately.

Oh... and national pride I guess, but that's not really a thing here.

because flash cost less than 2 dollars an hour for crap animation?

yeah, use that flash program and repeat the animation style of Metalocalypse and we'll talk.

until then, enjoy the horror that is Johnny Test, total drama, stoked, 6teen and what not.
i'll be enjoying adventure time, regular show,young justice, star wars clone wars, legend of korra, archer, ect.

also on that johnny test one, that used to be some what well directed with uncluttered and retarded looking animation with an ok layout that didnt hurt your eyes...then what happened....CN bought it, gave it to canada to animate, and it turned to shit.
maby i sound rude, but i have no remorse for a show that once appeared 8 times a day for a total of four god damn hours during the day. that's heinous. that should be a criminal offense.
No, if you want REALLY crap animation, you'd have to look at the Non-Miyazaki animation industry in Japan. And crappy writing, voice acting, production, music, sound effects, and whatnot.

If there was ever going to be a show voted "Best animated show ever" it would likely be a western or Central show.
thats implying that no animation studio in japan outside of miyazaki is worth anything. and if you watch the new toonami launch, youd know thats a lie.