Poll: What's the best animated show airing right now?

FakDendor

May 30, 2012
You know, one of the writers for Gravity Falls is Matt Chapman - the guy who did Homestar Runner.

trophykiller

Jul 23, 2010
While MLP is the one that's brought me the most happiness, I like the humor in Archer the best.

Archer wins, now allow me to pack my bags. I have a moon to live on.

Mikejames

Jan 26, 2012
Overall quality, Korra.

Though am surprised to say Gravity Falls is probably the first thing on Disney in years that could actually make me laugh

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
While I have been meaning to get round to watching some of these shows (Archer and Adventure Time specifically, as they are highly rated by friends), the only one I've watched at this time is Futurama, and I love it.

ex275w

Mar 27, 2012
Let's see:

Futurama: It's Great and hilarious, but kind of old and some of the newer episodes are hit and miss. Still the characters dynamics and geek humor is the best.

My Little Pony: Pretty decent, some bronies are awful. The plots are somewhat cliched or predictable and the humor can fall very flat sometimes.

Gravity Falls: Haven't watched it, looks cool.

The Legend of Korra: Not even Dante Basco could save that horrendous last episode. Nice continuity and has one of the best villains in animation in Amon.

Archer: Haven't watched it, looks cool.

Adventure Time: The best in my opinion. Reminds me of the old CN shows, every episode is memorable and you never know what to expect. Doesn't talk down to the audience like I feel My Little Pony does sometimes. Also great use of minimalism, gross out close ups and color values.

Phineas and Ferb: Pretty decent, though I hate shows with constant songs, also applies to My Little Pony.

Other: ...

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
I'm gonna go and be controversial: Transformers prime.

Cmon guys! Sleek animation (at-least on the transformers/mechanical side), good stories, Memorable characters, arguably the best incarnation of starscream this side of Armada and....The original Megatron and Optimus Prime voices back in their roles!

It's also got a pretty kickass opening theme that, while not as memorable as the original transformers theme is still awesome in it's own way and fits the tone of the show well.

LtFerret

Jun 4, 2009
If Futurama didn't exist this would be a pretty hard choice. Archer, MLP, Korra, Adventure Time, American Dad, South Park, Transformers, and Regular Show are all great but Futurama has given me the most hours of entertainment.

D-Soul

Sep 5, 2012
For me

Archer
Futurama
anything Seth Macfarlane is doing even though it seems he loves to push the boundaries a little too much.
Boondocks

SnootyEnglishman

May 26, 2009
Out of the choices you presented i said Archer because John Benjamin is hilarious. You should have included Aqua Something You Know Whatever aka Aqua Unit Patrol Squad 1 or Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

LobsterFeng

Apr 10, 2011
It's close, but I'm going to have to vote for Gravity Falls. Even if it isn't the best, it's the show that probably deserves the most attention right now.

Obligatory video clip:

Obligatory gif:

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
I like Gravity Falls (Mabel is awesome), My Little Pony and Futurama. I love Archer and Legend of Korra however my favourite is Adventure Time. Me and my girlfriend developed emotionally with that show, caused us to start dating and to this day is something we look forward to watching together. Plus Jake is the single greatest dog, male character and magical creature in existence

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
I really haven't watched enough of most of the shows listed to have an opinion, so I can't really say how I feel about most of them.

If I were to choose, I'd probably pick My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

The show pretty much redefined the franchise. The characters are all likable, they're three dimensional, the art style is appealing, and the writing is really good.

Not to mention it has some great songs.

I have to say, I never ever ever ever EVER even thought about the possibility of My Little Pony of all things would end up becoming one of my favorite shows. And I even dismissed this when I first found out about it. Sometimes it's good to be proven wrong. :)

Lovely Mixture

Jul 12, 2011
Out of what I've seen

Phineas and Ferb are fine,
Futurama is fine, but occasionally too stupid for its own good.
South Park is very fun and has social commentary, but occasionally gets too crude for me.
Korra is nice but I think it handles drama poorly at times.
MLP is also very fun but as said before it has lost some of its focus.

Adventure Time is the only one that makes me extraordinarily happy when I watch it. It's crude now and then, but never to the point at which I want to stop watching, and I absolutely love the voice acting.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Archer for having me in stitches an insane amount of time. I so can't wait for the next season to hit.

Honourable mentions to MLP for being one of the few kid shows with some quality and Legend of Korra for being a kid show that doesn't actually talk down to kids. Legend of Aang did that really good as well, taking kids seriously.

Pinkamena said:
God, I love Gravity Falls.
Can't believe the influx of new good animated series lately!

Daily recommended dose of Gravity Falls:
Now that's something I have to see for myself.

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
Ever since Teen Titans ended I have been unable to come up with an answer to this.

Want it back... but I guess things change. *tear shed for beautiful finale*