Poll: What's the best animated show airing right now?

Tippy

Jul 3, 2012
Surprised so many votes for Korra, did I miss some part where Korra WASN'T a completely unlikeable retard who accomplished nothing while things resolved themselves around her? Not to mention the moon-sized plot holes created by the last 20 minutes of the season, it's like the writers simply said "alright fuck it, that will do" and resolved everything on the spot. She learns airbending out of sheer panic/desperation (mmm, such a calm mind) and starts bending air with generic Karate punches/kicks (because circular Ba Gua movement is for pussy airbenders). Mako is a gigantic dick flicking between love interests like the soup of the day (and Korra, being a tool, is obviously fine with that). Around 80% of the "humor" in the show felt forced and awkward, it would always end with someone making a sarcastic/serious face and it became equivalent of someone holding up a sign saying "laugh now."

The entire season is somehow riding on chi-blocking being the ultimate counter to bending, despite the fact that there's nothing fucking stopping a bender from learning chi-blocking as well because anyone can learn it. How do chi-blockers counter bending? Wait for it - by dodging. Dodge, dodge, dodge, dodge (benders forgot how to hit a moving target), run up to them, poke them, win. Benders are supposed to be stronger than normal people in this show, period. People like Sokka are incredible warriors but people of his calibre were supposed to be exceptionally rare, and now we have entire armies of people shrugging off benders.

Ultimately I came out of Season 1 not caring about the main character at all, but 50x more interested in finding out the stories of Aang/Katara/Sokka/Zuko/etc/etc/all the characters who ACTUALLY MATTERED. Isn't that a failure on the writers' part?

Avatar was about the lightness of tone, a well-paced story, incredibly deep character development, overall enjoyable characters (even the villains!), light-heared humor, etc etc! They threw away everything fun and enjoyable about the show.

But enough ranting about the stupid show.

My vote goes to MLP:FiM, easily.

jebara

Nov 19, 2009
Adventure Time followed by Gravity Falls.
Gravity Falls has great animation and writing but Adventure Time has that crazy world I fell in love with.
Edit:and I agree with the guys who say the Regular Show needs more love.

Major Chip

Dec 5, 2011
It's not there, but American Dad is returning soon. It's like Family Guy for people who think the cut-aways and chicken fights are stupid. I like those, but I can see why some people don't.

kuolonen

Nov 19, 2009
The Boondocks. God that show makes me laugh so hard. At least as good as family guy. For gems of the show search uncle ruckus in youtube.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Eh, for me, it's mostly a tie between Adventure Time, Gravity Falls, Phineas and Ferb, and My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Though I do like Futurama, and I really should catch up on The Legend of Korra...

Ljs1121

Mar 17, 2011
This was a very close call between Friendship is Magic and Gravity Falls, but the former won in the end.

Gravity Falls has only aired ten episodes, and I don't really feel that's enough time for it to establish a concrete favorite for me.

Plus, cute colorful ponies omg

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010
Regular Show/Gravity Falls/Adventure Time and Archer

Also, I haven't seen any in this thread, but if anybody says "New Animated Shows suck, the 90's cartoons were the best", I will slap you silly

Moose

Feb 7, 2012
I've watch a lot of regular show. I just love how in every episode they somehow open a gateway to hell or almost destroy the park.

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
I was hard pressed between Archer and Korra both are such good shows for such different reasons.

DeltaEdge

May 21, 2010
Yay, people who finally accept that cartoons are actually getting pretty good at the moment!
OT: It's hard to decide. I have not been watching much tv recently, so my opinion might not be quite as valid as others. I voted other because at the moment, my favorite animated show is Regular Show, but that could potentially change. I have yet to see Gravity Falls, but it looks amazing and same to The Legend of Korra, of which I have only seen the first episode. I don't have a tv because I am in college and didn't bother to bring one, but I will definitely catch up online and then come to a verdict.

Drago-Morph

Mar 28, 2010
Korra. By far.

Everything about that show is perfectly crafted; the world, the humor, the characters, the plot, and to top it off it features the most chilling villain I've seen in television for years. Mind-rape and crippling people seem to work better for him than actually killing them. And don't even get me started on that breathtaking animation. It's not just the best animated series on TV, it's one of the best shows period.

Arif_Sohaib

Jan 16, 2011
What about Scooby Doo Mystery Incorporated?
<youtube=3D5d1hzgdBw>
<youtube=TJBYjCzFWr8>
It references itself(the old series), Twilight(parodies of Stephine Myer and Taylor Lautner were in the show for a brief time), H.P Lovecraft(Cthulhu is one of the monsters), Harlan Ellison(who plays himself in an episode).
It had cameos by Pinhead and some old WB cartoons.
One episode has Dynomutt and the Blue Falcon.
Aside from the regular mysteries, there is one big one involving an older version of Mystery Inc.
And the main villain is played by Red Alert 2's Udo Kier and is the talking parrot predecessor of Scooby in the old Mystery Inc.

themyrmidon

Sep 28, 2009
The only two I regularly watch are Simpsons and Avengers: EMH, so I went with "other". If I had to choose between them, Avengers would win.

CNKFan

Aug 20, 2008
The Black Dynamite cartoon. What kind of jive ass turkey dont like Black Dynamite?

Cpu46

Gloria ex machina
Sep 21, 2009
Personally I have had a bit of a falling out with American Animation. I don't particularly like the sense of humor that most shows now have adopted and they seem rather spastic. Then again the first thing that popped into my head when I read the thread title was "my ordinary life". An anime that I just got addicted to that is the very definition of spastic.

As far as american animation goes Legend of Korra is pretty good and I find Futurama to be funny at times. The rest is rather meh for me.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
ninjaRiv said:
It actually annoys me when people say that the 1990s had the best cartoons or before then. Yeah, Animaniacs, Looney Toons, Freakazoid, The Mask...
OH GOODIE.
Now I have that damn theme tune stuck in my head again!

Also, not choosing! Hah!

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
I voted Futurama because I love Futurama but you weren't too specific and otherwise my favourite show currently airing is probably One Piece. Though I don't watch any of that censored nonsense on TV > >

Mikeyfell

Elite Member
Aug 24, 2010
My problem is you listed some of my favorite shows.

If I had to pick a favorite I might have to lean towards Futurama.
MLP is great. Has the third season started yet?
Legend of Korra would be higher on the list if Amon was a better defined villain, with a motivation that made sense. TLA is my favorite animated series of all times so LoK has a tough act to follow.
Archer is hilarious but I'll watch anything with H. Jon Benjamin in it.
Adventure Time is good, but I haven't seen nearly enough of it to make an informed opinion