Poll: Whats the best game in Metro Trilogy?

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
Hello friends,

So after the release of Metro Exodus. the entire trilogy is just finished and imo this is one of the strongest trilogy in gaming. the only trilogy i think is this good is Max payne trilogy so in this thread we discuss what is the best Metro game and why?

Imo, I like all 3 of them equally. each game has benefits over others.

Metro 2033 still have best and dark atmosphere with best story, Last light has most variety in level design, and amazing story and gameplaywise major improvement over original 2033 which had clucnky gameplay. Exodus is non linear semi open world game which is very refreshing from previous. become quickly one of the best 2019 game and this gen one of the best FPS. despite controversery its critical and commercial success.

for a complete package i guess its last light is best in series due to focus on dark ones and khan alot but Exodus is still amazing game.

so my friend, which is the best metro game? lets discuss and vote

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
I first read the thread title as "best game in Metroid Trilogy". Came in expecting something different.

Disappointed, but that's my own fault really.

But whatever. I found Metro 2033 both very engaging and a frustrating mess. Pure Eurojank. Played Last Light, but I don't remember anything about it. Haven't played Exodus. Don't feel the urge to.

So I guess Metro 2033 wins by virtue of being the only one to leave an impression.

Mar 30, 2010
Metro 2033 has the best resource management of the series. Resources were scarce and both ammunition and air filters had to be rationed carefully. Lots of tense moments added to the very claustrophobic atmosphere. Loved it.

Last Light played more like a standard shooter. Resources were plentiful and ammunition and air filters could be burned through with little to no thought. Fast-paced action and a very 'Hollywood' plot gave the game and almost 'CoD' feel. No strong feelings either way about this one.

Haven't picked up Exodus yet, so unable to comment.

So ... of the three ... the first one?

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Chimpzy said:
I first read the thread title as "best game in Metroid Trilogy". Came in expecting something different.
Yeah me too. I read it and went "But that dude doesn't play games with female protagonists". Figures.

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
In a way, I was annoyed that B-Cell is doing so many Metro threads, but then I realised he's not the issue.

We are.

Why is he the only one on the forum regularly making threads venerating his favourite games? Why aren't we ALL doing that?

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Squilookle said:
In a way, I was annoyed that B-Cell is doing so many Metro threads, but then I realised he's not the issue.

We are.

Why is he the only one on the forum regularly making threads venerating his favourite games? Why aren't we ALL doing that?
Becuase we can see what happens to Bcell if you do. You can't just like things, people have to detail exactly why you're wrong.

wings012

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 7, 2011
Country
Malaysia
Squilookle said:

We are.

I thought the problem here is that people respond to him at all! If people don't actually like him or his threads, just ignore them and they'll fall of the front page won't they?

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
trunkage said:
Squilookle said:

We are.

Becuase we can see what happens to Bcell if you do. You can't just like things, people have to detail exactly why you're wrong.
Far as I can tell, people pick on Bcell not because of his game choices, but because of his generalising and sweeping statements, and how he doesn't back up anything he says with any evidence or reasoning at all.

While you could be right that people will hate on opinions regardless, wouldn't the discussion raised by someone writing a well-reasoned appraisal of their favourite games bring more stimulating discussion into the forum in general? Isn't that worth it?

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Squilookle said:
I can't say why we're not all doing that, but I can easily state the reason why I'm not doing that.

It's because gushing about favourite games is reductive at best, and narcicistic at worst, at least if that's the be all and end all of the thread. If I make a thread stating "I Love/Hate X," then a lot of people are going to say "sure, okay" and move on. And they're right to do so if I'm not contributing anything.

Also, chances are that a lot of you already know my views on various IP's already. So I don't need to make a thread to tell everyone what they already know. And if they don't know, do they need to?

I wouldn't mind so much if B-cell actually approached the topics conductively, but there's only so many times you can rehash the same thread before it gets stale. Least "best in the Metro trilogy" is kinda new though, so that's fine.

trunkage said:
You can certainly like things, but if you're going to create an entire thread telling people why you like things, least make it somewhat intelligent and/or encompassing (e.g. the last movie you saw thread).
Squilookle said:
trunkage said:
Squilookle said:
Far as I can tell, people pick on Bcell not because of his game choices, but because of his generalising and sweeping statements, and how he doesn't back up anything he says with any evidence or reasoning at all.
Pretty much.

Like, take dscross's RE thread. I strongly disagree with him on RE4 for instance, but he's articulated his reasons why he doesn't like RE4 and I can respect them. B-cell can't (or won't) do that.

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
Hawki said:
Squilookle said:
I can't say why we're not all doing that, but I can easily state the reason why I'm not doing that.

It's because gushing about favourite games is reductive at best, and narcicistic at worst, at least if that's the be all and end all of the thread. If I make a thread stating "I Love/Hate X," then a lot of people are going to say "sure, okay" and move on. And they're right to do so if I'm not contributing anything.

Also, chances are that a lot of you already know my views on various IP's already. So I don't need to make a thread to tell everyone what they already know. And if they don't know, do they need to?

I wouldn't mind so much if B-cell actually approached the topics conductively, but there's only so many times you can rehash the same thread before it gets stale. Least "best in the Metro trilogy" is kinda new though, so that's fine.
OK that's fair enough, repeating the same thread ad nauseam doesn't help anyone. But some of my favourite games were found through things said about them on forums like this. Threads that help you discover a hidden gem, and tell you why it won that gamer over, are worth their weight in gold.

They're also a great help for those that missed a classic and wonder what all the fuss was about. Good example here:

Sure Bcell isn't capable of saying why he likes what he likes, and his pool of played games is shockingly small. But I think he's on the right track by talking about those games and making threads about them. Who knows what games we'd all discover if more people did that.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Squilookle said:

We are.

The "problem" is less about the ceaseless veneration, rote as that can get, copy/pasting the same post across several forums, and more about the equal parts dismissive attitude with which he waves off absolutely everything else that doesn't fit his poorly-explained, poorly-spelled out and very narrow view of what makes a game good. With caveats as random as "female protagonists are bad". It's also downright disingenuous the way he ends every post with a throwaway line about "discussion" yet never really engages in it.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
It doesn't really matter since Borderlands 2 is way better. Especially when you play with a female character like Maya or Gaige. Gaige is my favorite.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Chimpzy said:

Disappointed, but that's my own fault really.

But whatever. I found Metro 2033 both very engaging and a frustrating mess. Pure Eurojank. Played Last Light, but I don't remember anything about it. Haven't played Exodus. Don't feel the urge to.

So I guess Metro 2033 wins by virtue of being the only one to leave an impression.
I thought this was about Metroid Prime also.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
All this talk about Metroid games.

Just make a Metroid thread you twats if it's so important to you. :p

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Hawki said:
All this talk about Metroid games.

Just make a Metroid thread you twats if it's so important to you. :p
I guess it's just weird to think of Metro as a "trilogy".

Jan 19, 2016
I've only played the Redux versions of 2033 and Last Light, but I think 2033 is the best game in terms of story characters, pacing, and set pieces. Overall, I'd rank the Metro games - 2033 > Last Light = Exodus.