Poll: What's the Point of even having a 360 anymore.

xshadowscreamx

Dec 21, 2011
WiiU-why.. it dosent even play DVDs.. and the (play the game on the controller screen trick while your family uses the big screen for the news)only works for a few games.

VeneratedWulfen93

Oct 3, 2011
I can't give up my 360. I've invested too much time and money into it to just scrap it. I have 74000 gamerscore, which I'm not quitting on yet and I'm trying to get to 10000 before the next console gen. yep, I'm an achievement whore.

Daffy F

Apr 17, 2009
While I'm sure that other consoles are better value, have better games etc, I don't own any console other than the xbox360 - and what's more Gears of war and Halo are some of my favourite game series. The thing is, even if I was posed with the choice of consoles again at this point (I've owned a 360 for several years now) I would still choose the xbox because the friends I play online games with all own xboxes.

I suppose objectively it's probably the worst console, but there's still a reason to have it.

havoc33

Jun 26, 2012
DrunkOnEstus said:
The only time I ever use my 360 is when I'm in the mood to play Rez HD, Ikaruga, Radiant Silvergun, or Fez. So basically if there was no XBLA it would have disappeared from my living room a long time ago. I burned myself out on Gears, never liked Halo, and quit paying money every year to be bombarded by ads when Sony charges me less and gives me a bunch of games to play free on my PS3 and Vita. Multiplat - PC. I keep the PS3 for the plus, Infamous 1/2, Heavy Rain, Demon's Souls, Ico/SotC, Uncharted, Valkyria Chronicles...you get the idea. Even though I have a PC, if a console has superb 1st parties and 3rd party support, you have earned my support.
I'd add the Yakuza games to that list, just a brilliant series overall. More exclusives coming next year as well, and together with the ps plus, it's definitly a good time to be a PS3 owner.

I also have a 360 hooked up, but I'm using it far less than my PS3. Next generation it will take more than Gears and Halo to convince me to buy another Microsoft console. For all their problems, Sony has still been my favourite this generation. I'm counting on them to have learned from their mistakes with the PS3, and that their next console release will go far smoother.

viranimus said:
Unless of course you do not like waiting for exclusive delayed and working PS3 DLCs and such. Wonder how PS3 users of anything from Bethesda feel right about now?
I'm real close to finishing Skyrim, and I've experienced no problems so far. And that's 120+ hours mind you. Although there has been substantial problems for many, the majority did not experience any crippling issues.

Cabisco

May 7, 2009
I love playing on my xbox with mates on xbox live.

But saying this if all my friends were to get PS3s (and the cycle wasn't coming to an end) I'd likely get one and not look back. The exclusives for 360 are just poor now, I no longer have any desire to play either Halo or Gear of War meaning thats pretty much all the AAA exclusives gone.

At this rate I'll hold off on getting either new console until I see if microsoft can actually bring in any sort of new IP (this I doubt).

StupidNincompoop

Oct 27, 2012
Honestly, not really, no.

If you do keep your 360, it probably wouldn't last for long after the 360 isn't being produced anymore. With the amount of 360's that keep breaking and with how many people have to get them replaced, you'd probably be lucky to have it last 2 years after they cease production.

Furthermore, there's not really any good exclusives on the 360 which are worth keeping it for, and probably no games that will be known as "classics" (that is, games that you'll want to go back to playing years from now, like people do with the N64 and PS1 and so on)

Also, good luck trying to find people online to play with on xbox live after the rest of the new generation consoles start coming out. It's already at the point where only the most popular games on xbox live have people playing them on multiplayer.

Full

Sep 3, 2012
Demon ID said:
I love playing on my xbox with mates on xbox live.

But saying this if all my friends were to get PS3s (and the cycle wasn't coming to an end) I'd likely get one and not look back.
Goddammit friends stop making me pay for things I don't like.

I also got this thing years ago before I was very into gaming. My PC is also still not very up-to-snuff (counting all of the ass ports that come out, I haven't been rushing to upgrade), so I still play all my core games on 360.

PS3's aren't much superior, but it has games that I'd probably give more of a shit about.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I use my 360 because I'm dumb...also if I could get any of my consoles online I would probably have switched back to the PS3. I like Halo but haven't played 4 yet and that seems to be the only thing keeping me around. The only other things (2 things) that I like more about the 360 is;

A: I'm not forced to download games onto the hard drive
B: The controller

Like I said: I'm dumb

That being said, I still play Fist of the North Star but once 2 comes out I'm grabbing it on the U. I plan on getting Doom 3 BFG eventually and will likely get that on the 360 because controller.

OP you just reminded me that Gears of War exists...

Veldt Falsetto

Dec 26, 2009
I sold my Xbox 360 for my Wii U, I also have a Ps3...I have not regretted it as of yet as I don't even like shooters all that much. Let's take it like this.

I'm a reviewer for a website right...and my review scheduale for next month is The Dark Eye: Demonicon (multiplatform), Anarchy Reigns (multiplatform), DmC: Devil May Cry (multiplatform) and Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (Ps3).

The rest of the year is looking similar so far with my games going to April I have Secret Agent Files (3DS), Scribblenauts Unlimited (Wii U)(yeah I'm English), Aliens: Colonial Marines (multiplatform), Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (multiplatform), Tomb Raider (multiplatform)

With The Last of Us and Beyond out next year along with Monster Hunter, Pikmin, Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem I just won't use my 360 at all

ImmortalDrifter

Jan 6, 2011
I keep mine because they Playstation network is shit (At least within my expirience), I like the paddle design better, and Sony customer service is also shit (I've had to return 2 PS3's and my xbox has been with me since launch). To each his own I guess, no sense in keeping a console you won't use.

Rastien

Pro Misinformationalist
Jun 22, 2011
Last i checked nothing else runs xbox 360 games other than an xbox 360 pretty sure that's the sole point of having one -_-

Also i'm the kind of guy that doesn't just chuck away a console, because hey i actually enjoyed the games i play and might want to come back and play them some day.

Tryforlive

Sep 1, 2009
i am keeping my xbox because halo 4 is awesome, and my PC is just terrible so I cannot run Farcry 3. oh and I have been with XBL for about 10 years so I will be getting one of those special Xbox things.

Epona

Elite Member
Jun 24, 2011
Country
United States
Well, I decided a year ago when they introduced the ad based dashboard that I wasn't going to pay for XBOX LIVE again. I bought 2 years of Live for $80 when they jacked up the price and that 2 years runs out in February. I took my credit card info off a year ago so it wouldn't be auto renewed.

Microsoft is so proud of all the TV stuff they keep adding, I am not their target anyway. I want games, not TV and ads.

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
Well, some if not all of all of my favorite games are on the 360, so I have little reason to invest in another system right now.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
dessertmonkeyjk said:
I'm wondering more and more why I haven't gotten a PS3 yet... although I don't mind a little Halo 1 once and awhile.
Grab a copy of Halo 1 on PC and bam, problem solved.

I'll vote no. I pondered picking up a 360 a few months back and kinda ran into the problem of: why?

Gears and Halo.... Nope, not enough frankly, I own a PS3 and there's plenty of cover based shooters and sci-fi fps's on there aswell as a whole host of other exclusives to keep me going. As for multiformat: I have a PC. One I am using more and more and more.

Next gen I will invest in a Wii U, perhaps a PS4, and upgrading my PC further.

Also Xbox Live is a complete rip off. It's not a justifiable charge on Microsofts part, PS+ is a much better deal since it's not holding stuff you already paid for to ransom (multiplayer), Wii U online is free, as is PC multiplayer.

Only issue I see with the Wii U is that the virtual con sole games have to be transfered and are then gone from your wii, and you can't use your 3DS games either. Kinda sucks.

monkey_man

Jul 5, 2009
am I the only guy here who actually BOUGHT another 360 like a month ago because my first one broke down ~4 years ago and I missed my games? just go to a second hand store and bu some games like skate or fear or condemned or whatever

and play.

*EDIT*
no of course I'm not, you stupid clown me. I can't believe I actually "amItheonlyone'd"

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
Man, I've been eating Tiramisu with this fork that is slightly bent and you can totally tell from your tongue that the fork is unpleasant in your mouth along with a beautiful Tirami...wait why are people so negative about the 360 all of a sudden?

If I had the option I would totally go with a Wii U, you know, because of Nintendo. They still know their shit with game production and will surely give you some great experiences that you can only have on the Wii. The console looks a little bare right now, but which console doesn't at launch?

I chose a PS3 because of the exclusives and that choice paid of for me. I never liked the 360 and really didn't understand the 'better online' aspect when I played it at friends houses but still it's kind of harsh reading all these comments like 'fuck that console I just spent 4 years of my life with' like it's some old dog that gets taken behind the shed. Damn.

...but yeah, I wouldn't keep it and if you're posting this I figure you won't aswell.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
Put it this way, I'll keep my 360 but wouldn't replace it (very quickly) if it broke.

I certainly ain't paying for Gold membership anymore, but sometimes - not always but sometimes - I like to just play a game with good gamepad support.