Poll: Whats up with wearing shoes indoors????

nick n stuff

Nov 19, 2009
the only place to sit in my room is the bed so when my mate came round and sat on my bed with his feet up and shoes on a gave him a bollocking. Why the fuck would anyone do that?

JanatUrlich

Apr 24, 2009
I take my shoes off at work, I take my shoes off at college, I take my shoes off at parties...

basically I don't like wearing my shoes a lot. Which is a shame because I have some fucking gorgeous shoes

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
I hate it when people walk with their filthy shoes (it's WINTER, damnit!) on my floors.
Jerks!

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Sometimes I just never take them off. Shoes aren't the first thing to come to my mind when I arrive home...

AWAR

Nov 15, 2009
I always take them off while im in my house.When i go to other houses i cant take them off because everyone else will feel weird.Cant understand it though, you bring all the s#it from outside indoors! Its disgusting!

Viper1265

Jul 12, 2009
I always kick my shoes off as soon as I'm through the door. The only times I have my shoes on indoors is when I'm going back and forth from inside to outside or if I've forgotten somthing when heading out and need to run back in to get it.

Leodiensian

Jun 7, 2008
I don't take my shoes off in my house unless I'm putting my feet up - in bed, in a recliner, in a bath etc.

I can see why you don't want to track in dirt to your house, but that is why there are doormats. To get rid of the dirt before you go into the house. Also, broken glass does not care whether it is on an inside floor or on the ground outside. It is still broken glass and will cut you if you step on it.

Maybe you don't have a lot of broken glass on your houses floor, but it's still better to have a shoe to protect from, say, banging your toe against the table.

Hurr Durr Derp

Apr 8, 2009
At home I always take off my shoes, and I insist that visitors do the same. It helps keep the street-dirt (and rain and snow and gum and whatever) out of my house, and besides that I simply don't like wearing shoes all day. My feet are much happier when they can get some air.

copperflyingace

Apr 12, 2009
Since I live in earthquake country (Southern California), I wear shoes all the time. I don't want to run around this maze of a house without shoes when the projected "Big one" hits. Also, I live in the concrete jungle so there is very little mud to track into my house, and the rug in front of my door does a fine job of getting rid of the little amount of mud I do manage to drag in with me.

Leodiensian

Jun 7, 2008
You know, you should probably drop the "I am weird"/"I am normal" things in the poll. If you want this to be a poll rather than just a discussion, you should have it be a neutral thing and not impose your values on it. Polls shouldn't have value judgments in them. Otherwise you're just asking people if they think they're weird. And I don't think I'm weird.

That's what other people are for.

And no, don't try to dismiss it as comedy (mainly because it's not actually funny). This is simply bad poll-takin. All options should be netural, or else it's going to skew the results.

Samuel Cook

and Greg Puciato.
Jan 2, 2009
I don't, but only because I like having warm feet. That and my house doesn't have carpet.

SonicKoala

The Night Zombie
Sep 8, 2009
Shoes pick up huge amounts of dirt and filth - even though there are relatively few carpeted areas in my house, I always take my shoes off. It's the polite thing to do, and it was how I was raised. Almost everybody I know takes off their shoes, I've never met anyone who considers that "weird".

Larkin99

Feb 14, 2010
I always keep my shoes on unless they're caked in mud.
Where I live this is normal, but maybe thats because it can get quite cold.
Besides, I instinctively distrust anyone who asks me to take my shoes off. I'm not sure why.