Poll: Whats up with wearing shoes indoors????

gamefreakbsp

Sep 27, 2009
....um, you are the weird one. It is perfectly fine for you to take your shoes off, but it is not necessary. I know I don't mind if people who are in my house keep their shoes on.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
I barely wear shoes at all, so this doesn't really come up as a problem for me.

Nerf Ninja

Dec 20, 2008
To be honest, if you came to my place and took your shoes off without me asking you to I'd be mildly offended as it means you think you have a right to be here for longer than I might want you to.

Actually your poll options are a bit off (T'is a little offensive too) as I don't consider keeping my shoes on indoors to be "weird" and as such can't make a selection.

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
I wear my shoes all the time, basically from the time I get up to the time I go to bed. Sometimes I even sleep with them on. Went about 50+ hours with my shoes on recently. The reason for all this is a few things.
1. comfort, these shoes are nice (for a $40 pair of shoes anyway)
2. I have a dachshund puppy

Behold, Satan lives in my house (the date on the camera hasn't been right since we got it and we lost the instructions on how to change it)
who has destroyed two pairs of my previous shoes, she will not bite them while I wear them.
3. I never know when I'm gonna have to go outside.

Andalusa

Mad Cat Lady
Feb 25, 2008
I tend not to take my shoes off, unless I'm going round to some else's house and they don't wear shoes indoors.

PrimoThePro

Jun 23, 2009
the bias in this is hilariously refreshing.
im just more comfortable. without shoes. even socks if i think i can pull it off.

Dapsen

Nov 9, 2008
here in Denmark, i have never met anyone who doesn't take their shoes off when they go indoors,
so i was very surprised to see how many people wear their shoes indoor on this forum :p

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
I used to know somebody who insisted I took my army style boots, as well as any foot wear, off. I now refuse to go in to a house like that, although if somebody wants to come into mine and take them off then by all means make yourself at home.

I can kind of understand why but it's such a major inconvenience, I had 18 eyelets on each my boots, 8 on each boot had to be undone to take the boots off, which took ages and we would always be going in and out of his house, major pain in the arse.

I can understand wanting to keep your carpets clean but there are Hoovers and carpet cleaners that you can buy, it's like putting plastic over your chairs and couch.

As for comfort, I find both comfy and I like the feeling of leaving your shoes on for ages then taking them off ... it feels so good, like having a good stretch.

Apr 24, 2008
ClunkiestTurtle said:
I agree, shoes are infinitely less comfortable than bare foot. I've not really had it be a problem. I do get similiar reactions when people find out I sleep naked, though...some people just can't get their head around it. But it's simple. I wear clothes all day...why would I wear clothes to bed?

Americow

Aug 26, 2009
Didn't know there were so many amputees on the Escapist.
Anyways, I like walking barefoot but it's not a rule that I have to have my shoes off in my house.

BakaSmurf

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2008
Everyone around here removes their shoes when they enter a place of residence, be it someone elses's or their own, I am no exception.

The_Echo

Mar 18, 2009
I only wear shoes indoors if I've just come from somewhere (School, a friend's house) and have shoes on upon entering my house.

I always thought it was weird that everyone I know has made it custom to keep shoes off while in the house, considering no one really cares in my own home.

Bobkat1252

The Psychotic Psyker
Mar 18, 2008
I almost always wear my shoes indoors, I have poor circulation and as a result my hands and feet are usually very cold, so wearing shoes keeps them warm.

Also why does wearing my shoes indoors make me weird? I could say the same about you for not wearing your shoes indoors.