Poll: what's worse,beating up a girl, or getting beat up by a girl?

BiscuitTrouser

Elite Member
May 19, 2008
teh_Canape said:
beating up a girl, definitely

if you get beaten up by one, you can just go hide and your health will regenerate itself Ô.o

just kidding, but really, a man should not beat up a girl EVAH, it just aint right and goes against the honor code

if you get beaten up by a girl, yeah, your ego gets stabbed in the guts, but it isnt really big, because if you get beaten by a girl you will be considered whimpish but people would still hang out with you, but, if you beat up one, you will be considered soulless and you will be lonely for quite some time, and be insulted about it =P
So what your saying is that if a girl starts a fight with you, you're doomed to one of these two fates and theres nothing you can do about it?! Thats pretty unfair. I mean you can defend yourself and stuff without physically hurting her but if she really wants a fight more than likely shel go for the happy sack and at that point your royally screwed.

This "honor system" is retarded. This idea that niether is an acceptable action is retarded. Why are women godlike beings with the right to beat up guys and get away with it without reprisal. Why do you live in a world where women are better than you? Or do you think this because you think women are worse than you and need mercy so as to protect them? Iether way isnt exactly a good thing.

That said i would more than likely do pretty much anything to avoid a fight with a girl, for thiis very reason. Girls are better than guys when it comes to fights because they have the untouchable card. If you hurt them, you suck. If they hurt you, you suck.

Serioli

Mar 26, 2010
I'm of the attitude that (real) violence is only justified in self-defence or the defence of others so the question is moot.

Danny Ocean

Master Archivist
Jun 28, 2008
J.J said:
XSA37 said:
Beating up a girl. If you get beat up, that's not a big deal. But, if you beat someone, that's just wrong. Beyond belief.
Wait, what? So if I/you get beaten up, it's not a big deal? But if I beat someone else up, it's beyond wrong? How is it not beyond wrong that I'm/you're getting beat up? :(
If everyone follows that rule, then no-one gets beaten up. It still works. It's just a duty not to beat anyone up rather than a right not to be beaten up. Same effect, but the former is less individualistic.

NathLines

May 23, 2010
Beating a girl is obviously worse. Also, if a girl beat me up, I'd be one of the happiest guys on earth :)

klakkat

May 24, 2008
Serioli said:
I'm of the attitude that (real) violence is only justified in self-defence or the defence of others so the question is moot.
"the defense of others" is too much of a liability in any modern society. I'd just call the cops and let them deal with it so that the lawyers don't get to fuck me to neverland and back.

In defense of myself though, sure, I'd kill anyone if they threatened me with any sort of weapon (assuming I had a firearm or reason to believe my knife skills were superior; otherwise, flight is the route I'd choose).

NathLines said:
Beating a girl is obviously worse. Also, if a girl beat me up, I'd be one of the happiest guys on earth :)
Ok, there's a difference between Masochism and self-destructive tendencies. The kind of girls you meet downtown at 3 AM probably push that line, and hard...

Apr 15, 2009
depends if a pimp slap across the face is consider beating up a girl then getting beat up by a girl is worse if not then probably beating up a girl also if i would ever get beat up by a girl i wouldn't dare show my face in public unless the girl was a martial arts champion or something like that

PhoenixOnly

Nov 18, 2009
Highest level of badassery is just to take the blows when girl fighting, its not that hard to ignore it. Your only allowed to push, slap, or grapple her but if you punch her your just scum. Best way is to quickly kiss her as she raises her hand, and then lol at her anger.

TailstheHedgehog

Jan 14, 2010
Dense_Electric said:
As for this silly little "honor code" nonsense, I remind you that that was part of the reason the Japanese lost World War II.
I think they probably lost the war because America blew them up with an A-bomb.

gilthanan

May 25, 2008
He was correct again in that paragraph.
Why should a woman be allowed to beat up a man for reason X but a man can't beat up a woman for reason X?
It is a completely illogical double standard[/footnote][/quote]
*irrelevent stuff addressing the paragraph he did not snip was here*
[/quote]
How about you address what you are calling names instead of just "snipping" it next time hmm?
My comments are in the footnotes below.[/quote]

Paragraph 1 is debating the merits of strength in combat, then saying how it is not strength but rather skill and technique that will win a fight, by merits of gender qualifications, notably how men have more strength then a woman. (Starting with "what really amazes me is how gender". However, this argument is also used in several references to what he goes on later to say, why a woman can win a fight. However, he doesn't acknowledge the fact, that this thread is looking at common instances. How many average 5'6" women do you know of that can tackle a 5'9" male in hand to hand combat. There is a reason they invented pepper spray, and the grab and twist method. He then goes onto an improbable, extreme situation, which statistically would not affect the results of any such simple poll if it was done by say, the Gallup.

He then goes onto ask about detailed information, and about why we can't all just be friends. For the purpose of this poll, asking why we can't be friends is pointless, because it adds nothing to the conversation, and we all get that most Western cultures teach children that violence is not the correct answer, which is true, but it adds nothing to the discussion. This is a hypothetical situation, you don't need to analyze its morals and principles.

Paragraph 4 ponders why this is a question, and why there is a double standard that plays out in various parts of our culture. There is a double standard because our culture is built on the cultures of hundreds of other cultures, and we carry on such beliefs as modern chivalry, sexual dichotomy, and gender stereotyping that will probably last for a long time further. Women have only had voting rights and (nearly) societal equality for only a few decades (in parts of the world, some have neither still). There are generations alive today that remember the world as it was before, or some who live that life still, therefore these roles will not change. And it will take longer for the cultural affects of those before us to be smoothed out of our culture. Also, for the purpose of a hypothetical poll, unnecessary for the discussion to analyze.

iLikeHippos

Jan 19, 2010
ICanBreakTheseCuffs said:
seriously, this question has been confusing me since I was 11 years old.I just couldn't get it out of my head.So please tell what's worse
Beating a girl is worse, no doubt in my heart about that. Took me 0.01 seconds to decide which Poll answer was correct for me.

If a girl starts beating on me, I put my hands behind my back and stand tall. She'll feel like shit for hitting me later and we can have make up sex :D

... The latter was a crude joke, but meh. Just felt like throwing that out.

ChocoFace

Nov 19, 2008
klakkat said:
ChocoFace said:
beating up a girl is oh-so-much worse.
i mean you should easily be available to defend yourself when a girl attacks you, but if you counter, you're going to hell. Not the circle where there's non-stop partying either. you're going to the bad type.
I understand why committing violence on another is morally worse than it being committed on you. But why is it any worse committing violence on the opposite gender than the same? Obviously, don't let it get out of hand if you can control the situation. Reply in kind, as they say, but don't insist on escalating unless you are truly prepared for war.

Also, EASILY defend yourself? I've definitely met women that could beat up more than 3/4s of the men I'd ever met; and that's assuming the best for the other 1/4. sure, men do have SOME physical advantage on average, but technique means a lot more than physical strength, particularly if weapons are involved. I would say, if you are a good fighter, then counter in such a way that you TEACH your attacker, male or female, if attacked*. NEVER be a victim, but don't generate victims either.

*This is assuming a good-natured attack. If your life is threatened, then I believe it is within your rights to cripple or kill your attacker, no matter their gender. If you are not a fighter, then run your ass away; the dead cannot have any pride.
running away counts as tactical retreat and defending yourself. Also, if a girl who knew martial arts would attack me, i bet she'd have one hell of a reason to do that.
I do agree, though, that if your life is threatened somehow, you kind of will do anything to not lose. I'm talking from a personal stand-point here. I could not for the life of me hit a girl even if i i'd be attacked. I'd probably just make them submit by holding them still for a while and let them calm down the best i could.

TailstheHedgehog

Jan 14, 2010
Actually - here's another point.
In the media, movies inparticular, it is okay for a woman to slap a man, but the second a male raises a finger against a female then suddenly he's foreshadowed as some nutcase bound to die a humiliating a violoent way.
Still, how many of us really cared when Bruce Willis dropped a 4WD on that girl in Die Hard 4.0?

But I think we've looked too far into the question (not that that's a bad thing).As much as we like to argue it, it's an ideology: Men don't hit women. They can, but unless the circumstance is unique, they're gonna be in a bright media spotlight. Beating up people, which, pointed out somewhere above, is different from hitting, and is a different and altogether far worse thing.

Arawn.Chernobog

Nov 17, 2009
Let's see:

Pick the first option: Women are inherently weaker and more fragile then men and thus directing violence towards them is evil in itself because their so fragile and glass-like that they're unable to defend themselves without a man.

or

Pick the second option: Women are so incompetent warriors that getting physically assaulted by one means that you are weaker then the weakest and thus worthy of mockery, because surely no woman can actually be a competent combatant.

Nice choices you give us, there...

Women have varying degrees of power and annoyance (Like us Penis-Folk), if a specific one gives me true reason for physical assault (about as much as I'd need from a man) I'll assault her as I would a man of equal size and physical prowess.

Arawn.Chernobog

Nov 17, 2009
Fallen-Angel Risen-Demon said:
It's bad beating up anyone. To say that it is worse to beat a girl is in itself sexist.
QFT, really

Unless you're assaulting someone in self-defence (and I don't mean: "S/He was in my personal space"). The act of "beating someone up" is always condemnable.

klakkat

May 24, 2008
ChocoFace said:
running away counts as tactical retreat and defending yourself. Also, if a girl who knew martial arts would attack me, i bet she'd have one hell of a reason to do that.
I do agree, though, that if your life is threatened somehow, you kind of will do anything to not lose. I'm talking from a personal stand-point here. I could not for the life of me hit a girl even if i i'd be attacked. I'd probably just make them submit by holding them still for a while and let them calm down the best i could.
Quite frankly, if I think I can end the fight with a hold of any kind, then it isn't a serious fight. If I honestly thought a woman was posing a mortal threat to me, I would cripple her, kill her, or run away, depending on situation and weaponry (I would honestly prefer the latter; I am a tough and trained fighter, but I don't like risks). This is, of course, assuming verbal methods fail; I would always attempt to talk someone down first, but if you approach me threateningly, I'm drawing a knife and striking.