Poll: what's worse,beating up a girl, or getting beat up by a girl?

Grounogeos

Mar 20, 2009
I really don't get why people think getting beat up by a girl is considered so "unmanly".

Some guys won't hit a girl for any reason, so if she starts hitting him he can't really fight back. And even if he doesn't have a problem with it, women can get to a point where they're stronger than the man, and even if they're not stronger they have a huge advantage if they're using a weapon.

OT: Beating up a girl, but ONLY if you do it for no reason. If she attacked you first, then you have every right to fight back, regardless of whether or not "men shouldn't hit women."

ReaperzXIII

Jan 3, 2010
Worse for your ego? Getting beat up by a girl
Worse for your reputation and morals? Beating up a girl

I have one rule if a girl attacks me, I will not hurt them simply restrain them, however if my life is endangered i.e. they have a knife or a gun, I'm kicking the living shit out of them and knocking their ass out and running.

Also it's hard for a guy to get beat up by a girl, for me or most of my male friends to get beat up by a girl we have to do absolutely nothing to defend ourselves.

Final note about that discussion about skill takes you further in a fight, while yes someone skillful in combat can take out someone stronger than them, if the person is a lot stronger than you then it will play a big part in the fight. Strong people typically tend to be able to take more hits and they don't need to hit people as many times for them to really feel it.

jamescorck

Jan 25, 2010
Beating up a girl. No doubt about that. I wouldn't mind getting my ass kicked by a girl, but I would never dare to rise my hand to a woman. It's foul and wrong, and those who do it deserve to burn very slowly in a special level in hell.

jamescorck

Jan 25, 2010
Terminalchaos said:
jamescorck said:
Beating up a girl. No doubt about that. I wouldn't mind getting my ass kicked by a girl, but I would never dare to rise my hand to a woman. It's foul and wrong, and those who do it deserve to burn very slowly in a special level in hell.
Base line sexism detected.
Dayum, and here I thought I avoided making a sexist comment. I blame the fact that english is not my first language.

Feystar

Jun 19, 2010
Context is key,

Are we talking hitting them for no reason or a petty reason? or are we talking about a girl coming at you with a knife and demanding the contents of your wallet?

I accept that for some people hitting a girl is unthinkable due to traumatic events in their past, but this just isn't that black and white a topic as far as i'm concerned. As such, I haven't voted because both options are wrong.

Omikron009

May 22, 2009
Getting beat up by a girl, definitely. You could have a valid reason for beating up a girl, but getting beaten up by one is just embarassing.

jamescorck

Jan 25, 2010
Terminalchaos said:
jamescorck said:
Terminalchaos said:
jamescorck said:
Base line sexism detected.
Dayum, and here I thought I avoided making a sexist comment. I blame the fact that english is not my first language.
its ok- its a problem in a society of changing gender roles. It may seem less sexist to not hit a woman but to do that presupposes them as being weaker. Either women are equal and should be treated as equals (including being subject to retaliation) or they are weaker and get special privileges. Personally i feel they are equals. You werent intending to be sexist- blame society.
I got honestly worried right there ^^; But you are absolutely right in that statement. I guess that's what I wanted to say, but something else came out of my fingers.

Also, the fact that I would enjoy getting beat up by a girl slipped through too XD!

SimpleReally

Feb 4, 2008
Well if you beat up a girl ur a dick.

If you get beat up it's probably because you were a dick AND u can't fight

Gabanuka

Oct 1, 2009
Beating up one, My Girlfriend has kicked my ass so many times (damn karate) and i feel no shame about it, but i couldent hit a girl, ever.

flaming_ninja

<!NULL>
Aug 25, 2009
This question lacks context and is therefore rendered stupid, and I'm sick of these moral choice threads they are a sad excuse to enlarge one's e-penis and post count..

My explanation:

If you were attacked by a career criminal who just so happened to be female there is no shame in defending your self or being beaten up by said female.

If you are a wife beater however, you are a pathetic piece of shit and if one day you get your comeuppance and she beats the living snot out of you, you are rendered even more of a pathetic piece of shit.

Conclusion:

Stop making threads with moral choice polls without context, it's just a stupid waste of time, go play some, you know, video games or something.

whaleswiththumbs

Feb 13, 2009
true story said:
whaleswiththumbs said:
Your an asshole if you just beat up girls, if you have to defend yourself, go ahead, but i'll beat you if you do.

So i'll say that
Beating up a girl> Beaten by a girl
In the sense that > or worse is a measure of your asshole level.
why is it taboo to hit a girl then? if they come and attack me a good quick jab to the face can take care of that easly and your basically saying that because im a guy i should just take the abuse of some one from a woman just because shes a woman? well let me ell you something, that sounds alot like sexism to me.
So why is it okay, to you. To beat up women? I never said that you cant defend yourself if you have to, but being a dick isn't needed. Really the "don't hit"-thing applies across.

But because I'm not an asshole, who is good to women doesn't make me an idiot

FinalGamer

Mar 8, 2009
SimpleReally said:
Well if you beat up a girl ur a dick.

If you get beat up it's probably because you were a dick AND u can't fight
I think that sorts out the poll decider right there XD

Personally neither is worse for me since women are equal to men and therefore should be able to:
A) Take a punch as good as a man
B) Punch back as hard as a man

If you can't do either, then hey you're just weaker, not as a woman, just as a person. Not that this really matters in a society where we supposedly abhor physical conflict. I've had fights with plenty of girls as a kid and they always fought back.
In fact....I think if I ever get a girlfriend one of the deciding factors in a relationship is if she can punch hard and proper.

Sure society itself is sexist about how it's "ungentlemanly" to hit a girl for ANY reason whatsoever (even if this isn't the 1900s), or that being beat up by a girl itself is humiliating, both of which imply the woman is weaker. So really, if you say both, you admit the woman is weaker regardless, and you're sexist either way.