Poll: what's worse,beating up a girl, or getting beat up by a girl?

J.J

Aug 24, 2009
XSA37 said:
Beating up a girl. If you get beat up, that's not a big deal. But, if you beat someone, that's just wrong. Beyond belief.
Wait, what? So if I/you get beaten up, it's not a big deal? But if I beat someone else up, it's beyond wrong? How is it not beyond wrong that I'm/you're getting beat up? :(

I say it's worse getting beat up. I'm under the notion that I have a good reason (i.e. being attacked) to want to beat up a gal. That and I don't wanna be beat up :p. Forget my pride, ego, or trouble, this is my physical well being we're talking about here.

Griphphin said:
You get beat up by a girl, you get viewed as a wuss to an extent, but "You would never beat up a girl!" is a pretty valid excuse IMO.

Beating up a girl conjures the word wuss into ones mind as well, as who else would pummel a defenseless girl than someone who couldn't fight someone his own size as the case would often be perceived. But you are also labeled a coward, a wretch, a blemish on society's otherwise spotless figure with brains of cabbage and a heart that shines not the valiant bravery of red, but the sickly, putrid yellow cowardice that you now embody in everyone's mind when your PATHETIC EXCUSE FOR A NAME COMES FORTH AS THE TOPIC OF CONVERSATION!!!
[/fun outburst for no reason]
Yeah, that :p
This post is awesome.

Aug 25, 2009
I see nothing wrong with getting beat up by a girl, because if she is genuinely attacking me then I would fight back, gender be damned, and thus if she was legitimately still winning then there's never any shame in being beaten by a more skilled/violent/whatever opponent. I know I wouldn't hold back in a fight against a girl (though I would have one crucial weakness I'd be unable to exploit, hmm...)

But, attacking anyone unprovoked is something I object to strongly. I'm not the sort of person who would ever start a fight so this sort of question probably doesn't apply so much to me, but I wouldn't hit anyone first, again, gender be damned. So beating on a girl is something I wouldn't do, and beating on anyone is something I view as being morally reprehensible, but I see nothing wrong with defending myself if attacked.

If I win, then I supose I just beat up a girl, but it's fair because I wouldn't have started it, if I lost, then see previous point regarding better opponent.

TheTurtleMan

Mar 2, 2010
Thats a very good question but against the popular vote I'm gonna have to say getting beat up would be worse with a few conditions. I would be assuming that we would actually be a good match up for a fight(seeing as I could probably beat up by some girls I know) as in I couldn't just mercilessly beat her. Also that she was the one that instigated the fight for poor reasons. I would never pick a fight with a girl but if she was coming at me with the potential to beat me down, I would have to defend myself but not necessarily beat her up.

Under all other circumstances it would be better to be beat up. I was thinking more along the lines of what I would do if it was just another guy instead of personal pride really. Of course if the girl kidnapped my friends and family before running over a box a kittens, then that ***** deserves a nasty brawl.

kickyourass

Apr 17, 2010
Beating up a girl, unless it's in self defence I don't think that there's much of an excuse for it. Then again I don't think there's much excuse for beating up a GUY either unless it's self defence, but that's neither here nor there.

fullbleed

Apr 30, 2008
As a guy you just can not look good winning a fight against a girl, no other way about it.

Tipsy Giant

May 10, 2010
kickyourass said:
Beating up a girl, unless it's in self defence I don't think that there's much of an excuse for it. Then again I don't think there's much excuse for beating up a GUY either unless it's self defence, but that's neither here nor there.
THIS!

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
Blue-State said:
Jedoro said:
HG131 said:
Jedoro said:
HG131 said:
Neither. They have varying levels of badass just like men. I'd never insult a guy for getting beat up by a chick and I think that if you're going to give it, you should take it too. Randomly hitting anyone is a dick move, but if she started it you have every right to give it back 10 fold.
I motion for a third option to be added to the poll that summarizes this point.

I actually 100% agree with you. People think I'm crazy because they ask and I tell them I'd fight a girl if she started something, but they call me crazy anyways, so I don't really care. I'm just not a fan of laying down and taking a beating because of a trivial fact like gender. A threat's a threat.
Exactly. Also, nobody's called me crazy for that opinion, but whenever someone does call me crazy I just reply "Wait, you just figured that out? I thought the fact that I commonly and calmly say I hope someone gets in a painful car wreck kinda pointed that fact out!".
My most common response is "And?"

Anytime someone gives me crap for this, I just say, "Chivalry or equality; pick one. Picking both is superiority." That, or my explanation, usually shuts them up.
Indeed, though I haven't met any girls that I would want to beat up. People should remember that it doesn't automatically mean I go around beating girls up for the fun of it. If it's a fight, I'll fight back. They say a gentleman should never hit a lady: well a lady should never piss off a gentleman bad enough to make him hit her, OR vice versa. Weather or not you're a boy or a girl Don't be a stupid asshole, or you deserve what you get.
Exactly. I've worked for years to control my temper, and I've become insanely tolerant as a result. I don't just go around looking for people to beat up, but I'm perfectly willing to fight anyone who attacks me with the intent of beating my ass to a pulp.

Arionis

Oct 19, 2008
Beating up a girl.

I was raised never to strike a woman, and if needed to defend myself, I can grapple well enough to disarm any weapon they are using, or to simply restrain them.

Beaten by a girl? No shame.

Beating one up? No honor. You're trash.

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
If a girl assault me and wants to harm my physical well being....
I'm sorry but acting chivalric to the point of letting myself get beat up doesn't appeal to me at all.

I consider myself chivalric but for that to apply to another, one must act like a lady in the first place, especially as a girl assaulting me would likely go for my private parts which is just a no-no and not something i'm prepared to do nothing about.

I certainly hope it will never happen as I wouldn't feel proud of it, but i ain't gonna leave myself at the mercies of another because of gender.

X10J

May 15, 2010
HG131 said:
Neither. They have varying levels of badass just like men.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke9wtbzGjCI

this would be on the higher level of the badassometer

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
Jedoro said:
HG131 said:
Jedoro said:
HG131 said:
Neither. They have varying levels of badass just like men. I'd never insult a guy for getting beat up by a chick and I think that if you're going to give it, you should take it too. Randomly hitting anyone is a dick move, but if she started it you have every right to give it back 10 fold.
I motion for a third option to be added to the poll that summarizes this point.

I actually 100% agree with you. People think I'm crazy because they ask and I tell them I'd fight a girl if she started something, but they call me crazy anyways, so I don't really care. I'm just not a fan of laying down and taking a beating because of a trivial fact like gender. A threat's a threat.
Exactly. Also, nobody's called me crazy for that opinion, but whenever someone does call me crazy I just reply "Wait, you just figured that out? I thought the fact that I commonly and calmly say I hope someone gets in a painful car wreck kinda pointed that fact out!".
My most common response is "And?"

Anytime someone gives me crap for this, I just say, "Chivalry or equality; pick one. Picking both is superiority." That, or my explanation, usually shuts them up.
Hell yes. "Chivalry or Equality" gotta remember that.

OT: I don't think either is immediately worse. You shouldn't feel any shame for getting your ass kicked whose a better fighter than you, whether that person is male or female. And if someone was really looking to pick a fight with me I would have no problem laying into them (or doing my best to lay into them anyway) even though they didn't have dick.

That doesn't mean I condone beating up someone weaker than you just because they were mouthing off. I just don't believe in holding back on someone because they're female.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Depends...

If she hits you first, you have every right to hit her back. Equality and all that.

But if you're "beating up a girl", just to beat someone up. That's just wrong.

Getting beat up by a girl doesn't really matter.

DementedSheep

Jan 8, 2010
HG131 said:
This ^
If a girls starts shit then a guy has every right to retaliate just as he would with another guy. Obviously just randomly beating on anyone is wrong and you shouldn't be beating the shit out of anyone unnecessarily, especially when they are weaker than you (regardless of gender, tho yes generally a girl is weaker physically than a guy) or in a position when they can't defend themselves.

And there is nothing shaming about getting beaten up by a girl. Atleast its no more shaming than being beaten up by a guy.