Poll: what's worse,beating up a girl, or getting beat up by a girl?

Addendum_Forthcoming

Queen of the Edit
Feb 4, 2009
I've been beaten up by a girl ;.;

But for the sake of my chivalry and honour I will say beating up a girl. But in truth even if I dropped the false facade of being chivalrous I will say that there was little I could do to not be beaten up by a couple of girls <.<

I will say that the only times I've been forced to fight a girl is when I did a couple of weeks of boxing.

filiptom

Aug 4, 2009
I know it's wrong to beat up a girl, but if she attacks you, what can you do?
This was the scenario I've came across countless times in middle school. A girl taunts you, starts punching you, and you can't do crap.
It's a rational rule, but let's not abuse it. Hell, I know better than to mess with people stronger than me, it's their fault if they don't get that.

Mcupobob

Jun 29, 2009
nunqual said:
My manliness would definitely be hurt if I got my ass kicked by a girl, but I wouldn't hate someone who was. However, I would definitely hate someone who beat up a woman.
This, if I got beat up by a girl sure I feel amasuclated a little but a least I wasn't beating up a girl. Anywho my logic is this never hit a women, my dad has been hit by lots of women(He's and ass and deserved, his wife stabed him once) but never hit back just trys to restrain them till they calm down. Not trying to be sexiest I know most anybody in the world could beat me up because I just don't fight back.

tharglet

Jul 21, 2010
I'm one of these mythical female beings, and I would prefer to beat someone up than lose :p

I have a bit of a mean streak, and used to pick on one or two people who used to refuse to hit me because I was a girl. Truly, I don't get it. If someone's shoving you about/provoking you, why *wouldn't* you fight back?

AndyFromMonday

Feb 5, 2009
Mcupobob said:
Not trying to be sexiest.
Well you are sexist. How can you ever state such a thing? "No matter what women are these precious, fragile beings that must be protected at all costs". That's sexism beyond belief.

If someone hit me then I will either hit back or back off depending on the situation. The gender doesn't matter, only the intention does.

SimpleReally said:
You can talk about sexism all you want but that won't change the fact that the human male has a bigger muscle mass than the female.
So? Does that mean that if a woman has the intention of hurting you you should let her do that on the basis that your body mass is a bit bigger? Why does gender matter when it comes to hurtful intentions?

SimpleReally

Feb 4, 2008
OP used the word beat up, not defend, not retaliate, not fight. Beat up implies a 1 sided fight.
So yeah beating up a girl is bad.

And what are the odds of a skilled female fighter beating up a dude for no reason? Sure she could be a criminal who wants to mug him or something but how common is that? What's much more common is the guy provoking her and finding she's more than what he could handle.

You can talk about sexism all you want but that won't change the fact that the human male has a bigger muscle mass than the female.

Lucifron

Dec 21, 2009
If a person, regardless of gender, really wants to hurt you, they can, and you shouldn't take any chances. While it is my last course of action, if I had to knock a girl out cold to guarantee my own safety, I'd knock her out cold.

Fraught

Aug 2, 2008
Getting beat up by a girl.

It's pretty funny how feminists crave and seek gender equality, but fuck, it's not like they have anything against being associated with the social unspoken rule of "You should never hit a girl".

I think this kind of attitude is sexist, even though nowadays it seems only men can be sexist, 'cause women are so "inferior", which can be seen everywhere, even if they like to think they're equal, so whatever a man does to a woman is worse than whatever a woman does to a man, no matter if it actually happened. Even the law is biased as fuck.

With that said, I would never hit a girl without a reason as fucking much as I wouldn't hit a guy for no reason. If she's being violent towards me, I wouldn't retaliate tenfold, as my consciousness itself, ironically, would hinder me from really physically hurting a female to the same extent, but I would retaliate. I don't really view myself as wicked or soulless in any way because of that. But heh, it's good I haven't let any relations with any females get so sour with me that I've gotten attacked by one.
I think it's ridiculous men actually would just let themselves get abused in such a way just because of some stupid, fucking, social guidelines.

siebje

Nov 12, 2009
I remember back in the day I had to fight girls in taekwondo class all the time. The only problem then is that you can't hit them anywhere without getting comments.

No hitting in the chest for obvious reasons. No hitting the belly for more obvious reasons. Most girls bitched when you hit them in the face as well.
So that basically leaves you to be a big sidestepping bullseye pitted against a flurry of hands and feet.

Man I hated girls back then :).

Edit: Oh and OT: In my experience, beating up a girl will get you shamed and mocked to the end of days. Which is worse than getting beat up.

DazBurger

May 22, 2009
I have been raised to believe in equality between the sexes... So if a girl went nuts on me and tried to "beat me up", I would stop her...

Sadly... Its prolly because of that belief Im never gonna get laid :p

Girls often talk alot of how much they want equality... But I really dont believe thats what they want :/

thingymuwatsit

May 29, 2010
Neither!
women are just as capable as men, I mean, we are all human beings (two arms, two legs... at least most of us) and objectifying ethics by gender has nothing to do with it. There are plenty of women capable of severely injuring any well-built man!
oh, I am male, and not a feminist.

Jedamethis

Jul 24, 2009
Judas Iscariot said:
Getting beat up by a girl. Not only are you getting physically hurt but are you restricted from putting the ***** in her place
No you aren't. Just pin her to the ground, no hitting.
Surely as a man you have more body weight, should be easy hmm?

OT: Beating them up. Like Arionis here said.
Arionis said:
Beating up a girl.

I was raised never to strike a woman, and if needed to defend myself, I can grapple well enough to disarm any weapon they are using, or to simply restrain them.

Beaten by a girl? No shame.

Beating one up? No honor. You're trash.

WaffleGod

Oct 22, 2008
Here's a question. Why are all people such hypocrites? Everybody's always saying "women are equal to men but if you're ever to harm a women for whatever reason, you're automatically a douche".

Doesn't sound equal to me.

I choose the getting beaten up though. I mean, there's no shame in getting beaten up by a female kickboxer, is there?

Jun 16, 2010
Define "beat up", "girl" and "worse" before I decide.

Are we talking 'beat until they don't get up', or 'roughhouse'?
Is it a girl that's all butch and looks like she'd put up a good fight?
And do you mean morally, socially, or psychologically 'worse'?

Generally the only reason I'd consider fighting girls to be dishonourable is because they tend to be weaker than men. But that's the same with any one-sided match-up. If my friend beat up an international kickboxing champion in a bar brawl I'd be just as proud whether it was a male or female champ.

Chaos-Spider

Dec 18, 2009
Being beaten up by a girl is ok in only one instant that I can think of outside of combat sports.
...However, this is because there is a lot of leather involved and you paid a lot of money for it because apparently people get off on stuff like that.

PurePareidolia

Nov 26, 2008
I can safely say that I'd enjoy being beaten up by a girl less than if I were doing the beating.
It's not a tough choice really, one involves me being injured, one doesn't.
Gender doesn't even enter into it - any choice that involves me getting beaten up is a situation I'd rather avoid.

I mean, at least if I'm beating up someone else I have some control over the situation.