Poll: what's worse,beating up a girl, or getting beat up by a girl?

Kiefer13

Wizzard
Jul 31, 2008
Neither is worse. Initiating violence is wrong. Defending yourself from an attacker is not wrong. It's that simple. The gender of either party in either circumstance is irrelevant.

rokkolpo

Aug 29, 2009
Terminalchaos said:
rokkolpo said:
Fallen-Angel Risen-Demon said:
It's bad beating up anyone. To say that it is worse to beat a girl is in itself sexist.
yes we know that, the world is sexist it's been so for thousands of years.
we all grew up with the thought of beating up someone from the ''weaker sex'' is not to be forgiven.

lessons we guys learned from our dad, and god forbid if dad got mad at us, SHIT WOULD HIT THE FAN! (shit being his foot, the fan being my ass)
sexism is not something you can escape, we are different, to say otherwise would be ignorant.
People used to say that to Martin Luther king Jr. about racism yet he still fought an unjust system. Sexism needs to be fought in all its hideous forms. If i can get arrested because my girlfriend hit me (and i have documented bruises) there is a problem in the system. The victim shouldn't be treated as a the victimizer based on his gender.

Equality on all levels. Women shouldn't be in military unless they want to be eligible for the draft (no one should be drafted imo but thats another topic), if a woman is an assailant she should be treated just as harshly legally and physically as a male assailant, the courts should stop favouring women in custody battles, women should get equal wages and equal responsibilities in the workplace as well. Equality removes both the positive and negative inequalities. A lot of modern day feminists want the same rights as men as well as the privileges traditional to women. That sexism cannot stand in the light of equality.
i won't believe in it until it happens.
the roots of sexism go very deep and will be hard to fully adjust.

faspxina

Feb 1, 2010
AngryMongoose said:
Which raises the quesiton of whether the people here who'd refuse to hit a girl on the grounds that they're weaker would extend the same kindness to males with arms as thick as twigs.
I'm gonna risk and say that most people here who say they would rather be beaten by a girl instead of hitting her are probably taking this into consideration :
A)she's pretty
B)she's harmless/weak
C)never got beaten up/lost their virginity

(I'm kidding, please don't hit me)

Life_Is_A_Mess

Sep 10, 2009
They're human, aren't they? I don't see the problem of beating one up. Not being able to defend yourself against a girl is worse to me.

Nemesis729

Jul 9, 2010
Neither are bad imo, It seems pretty sexist to say men shouldnt fight girls, Though I would never fight anyone who I was CLEARLY stronger than unless they had a weapon, I actually beat up an 8th grader the other day because he held up my friend with a knife

tomtom94

aka "Who?"
May 11, 2009
Getting beaten up by a girl is merely humiliating. Hitting a girl is humiliating AND the height of bad manners.

ICs2Xist

Aug 30, 2009
I have a younger sister who used to routinely attack me for little-to-no reason (We're cool now). Of course when I was younger I would retaliate pretty often, but that grew to less often and eventually I stopped altogether. She was probably stronger than me at the time anyways (Yes, I realize how sad that is, but whatever, I was nothing but a lazy gamer and she played all the sports she could find), yet of course I was much more severely punished. There's nothing more insulting than to be treated as inferior by a younger sister, but heck, I got over it eventually; so can you.

(So I voted beating them up is worse)

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
Arionis said:
Beating up a girl.

I was raised never to strike a woman, and if needed to defend myself, I can grapple well enough to disarm any weapon they are using, or to simply restrain them.

Beaten by a girl? No shame.

Beating one up? No honor. You're trash.
The "Never strike a woman" protection vanishes the moment they strike me. I will not idly accept an ass kicking from anyone.

That said, the protection does extend all the way to the point where they throw a punch, which means I will withstand abuse until I can extract myself from the situation so long as said abuse is not physical.

TerribleAssassin

Apr 11, 2010
Leopard said:
What's a girl?
Them things with boobies and higher pitched voices...

[sub]I'm not sexist, just a very simple simpleton..[/sub]

OT: Beating up a girl, it's wrong, it's not "cool" and just makes you look like a dick with no respect.

Zhalath

Mar 19, 2009
If you got beaten up, someone's an jerk to you.

If you beat someone up, you're the jerk.

I'd rather not be the jerk.

the December King

Legacy
Mar 3, 2010
I won't allow myself to get beat up. And I will not instigate violence on others.

I think I need a clearer scenario. Anyone could be coerced into beating a girl senseless, or letting her happily beat you, in the right hypothetical situation.

AgDr_ODST

Cortana's guardian
Oct 22, 2009
its simple really if some one attacks me without reason. Im gonna beat them n the fight or aleast go down trying too. As for gender Guy/girl it doesn't matter but thats it. If I've knocked em out or winded em thats it no more.

REAPER5594

Nov 3, 2009
I was raised to never hit a woman. If one tries to cause any harm, just man up and take it, or if there is the chanse that there could be permanent harm done, attempt to disarm her, or some other way to prevent her from attacking, but do NOT cause any harm. block and evade her attacks, while trying to calm her down.

nicolexlikesxsheep

Aug 18, 2009
Eclectic Dreck said:
Arionis said:
Beating up a girl.

I was raised never to strike a woman, and if needed to defend myself, I can grapple well enough to disarm any weapon they are using, or to simply restrain them.

Beaten by a girl? No shame.

Beating one up? No honor. You're trash.
The "Never strike a woman" protection vanishes the moment they strike me. I will not idly accept an ass kicking from anyone.

That said, the protection does extend all the way to the point where they throw a punch, which means I will withstand abuse until I can extract myself from the situation so long as said abuse is not physical.
I feel like this is the best explanation. A girl that throws a punch at a guy, should expect the guy to fight back in some way.
However I voted that beating up a girl is worse. I'm trying not to show gender bias, since I'm a girl and all, but the way I took this question is "if a guy punches the girl first" or "if the girl punches the guy first."
My sister was in an abusive relationship for two years, and though she would fight back, that was only after he threw the first punch. A lot of the time she couldn't even fight back.
A guy throwing the first punch and beating up a girl is just domestic violence.

rddj623

"Breathe Deep, Seek Peace"
Sep 28, 2009
Wow I'm not too bright, totally just voted for the opposite of what I think...*d'oh!*