Poll: what's worse,beating up a girl, or getting beat up by a girl?

Kwaren

Jul 10, 2009
nicolexlikesxsheep said:
I feel like this is the best explanation. A girl that throws a punch at a guy, should expect the guy to fight back in some way.
However I voted that beating up a girl is worse. I'm trying not to show gender bias, since I'm a girl and all, but the way I took this question is "if a guy punches the girl first" or "if the girl punches the guy first."
My sister was in an abusive relationship for two years, and though she would fight back, that was only after he threw the first punch. A lot of the time she couldn't even fight back.
A guy throwing the first punch and beating up a girl is just domestic violence.
A girl throwing the first punch and beating up a guy is also domestic violence. That street goes two ways.

nothinghere

Aug 9, 2010
Chase Yojimbo said:
Beating up a girl always has no reason, meaning it's worse. Getting beat up by a girl, means they have a reason for beating you up, so i think people who get beat up by girls deserve it. so people who voted 'its worse to get beat up by a girl', means you are nothing but an idiot. You know im right! admit it! you did stupid stuff that got you beat up by a girl.
You just said that when a guy beats someone up its pointless, but when a girl beats someone up its repaying you for whatever you did to anger her.

Its like the way people look at justice, Some see it as revenge by punishing those who hurt you while others see it as a righteous act because you are stopping someone because of their crimes. If you couldn't tell they are one of the same and its your own personalized opinion but if some girl just jumped out of a car and smashed my face in with a bat when i went to get my mail your saying she had every right to do so and i am a complete idiot because i agngered her.

Some people are violent and you can rationalize their actions so by stating a man's fight is pointless and a womens is meaningful with no knowledge of whats going on means that your generalizing the public. All those speeches on equal rights seem to almost be pointless , all its seem to done is worsen it. All it did was switch the roles, now women are beautiful creatures that no harm should ever come to while men are the people working underneath to satisfy them, when it was the other way around a long time ago.

nothinghere

Aug 9, 2010
StBishop said:
I picked beating up a girl is worse because it is.

If someone attacks you there are three options, fight, flight or diplomacy.

Fight should be the last option used regardless of gender.

I have a problem with men who hit women, it's something I feel strongly about.
I would rather get kicked in the nuts than hit a woman. Just how I feel.

Others don't need to understand it or agree with it but I'm sure many people who aren't internet tough guys/hung up on sexism will agree with me.
You just said you would take pain to avoid a women being hurt. You act as if they can not tolerate pain on their own and that men are more deserving. Even though its patronizing the women its still sexism so you are the one hung up on sexism if you could not realize that and beating up a girl is generally looked down on as weak by the public so why would someone use that to demonstrate their toughness to others?

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
Getting beaten up by a girl you physically assaulted. That would be the ultimate indignity. Hilarious for everybody else concerned, though.

nothinghere

Aug 9, 2010
I'm going to assume that this fight didn't just start out of no where and has a reason behind it and if so you could be a act like a gentleman by rolling over and letter her stomp on your face until it mimiks my favorite cheese, swiss.

Or you could go against society punch her in the face and walk away.

I would choose the second option mainly because i hate hurting people so if they provoked me to where i wanted to beat the living shit out of them then they deserve every bit of it.

SmilingKitsune

Dec 16, 2008
For me, beating up a girl.
I wouldn't care if a girl beat me up (well I wouldn't like it obviously) but it wouldn't be worse than being beaten up by a guy.
Oddly though, my reasoning there is that I know females can be just as strong as males, but I instinctively feel that as a man, hitting a girl is wrong.
So my reasons sort of contradict eachother.

Mcupobob

Jun 29, 2009
AndyFromMonday said:
Mcupobob said:
Not trying to be sexiest.
Well you are sexist. How can you ever state such a thing? "No matter what women are these precious, fragile beings that must be protected at all costs". That's sexism beyond belief.

If someone hit me then I will either hit back or back off depending on the situation. The gender doesn't matter, only the intention does.

SimpleReally said:
You can talk about sexism all you want but that won't change the fact that the human male has a bigger muscle mass than the female.
So? Does that mean that if a woman has the intention of hurting you you should let her do that on the basis that your body mass is a bit bigger? Why does gender matter when it comes to hurtful intentions?
Sorry just the way I was rise, I see no reason to ever hit a girl. Even if they attacked, I know women aren't fragil beings I just don't belive in ever hurting them.

vodkainferno

Dec 31, 2009
Neither.
Letting yourself getting beaten up by a girl.
Fought the girl in self defense? Respectable
Fought the girl for the same reason if she was a guy? Respectable
Not fighting just because you were taught that it was wrong to hit the girl? Disrespectable.
It about not playing into double standards...

Kermitt

Aug 28, 2010
Scary to see how ignorant the majority in here are. People wonder how the whole nazi-germany-holocaust-thing happened.. How can an entire people become "evil" in the course of a few years? Well the answer is in this thread. Seems most young boys have been told something like: "You can't EVER lay your hands on a female no matter what" and there you go.. The sheep have been told, now lets disconnect the brain. Dont act on what you feel is right when a situation occurs, just DO AS YOU'RE TOLD! Some in here even admit to it feeling unlogical and like a double standard but still say they wont defend themselves. Do 10 minutes of googling and you'll find hundreds of cases of dead honourable fools, stabbed,choked or beaten to death by "harmless" girls and women. Bet they all felt real proud during the last seconds on this earth

The dont hit girls rule has confused the mentally challanged. To clearify the actual rule is: Dont ATTACK girls/women. Get it? Big difference right there. Every human, animal or fucking plant has the right to defend itself. If you dont believe this you either have TERRIBLE parents, or you misunderstood the message. Think about it, would you mother prefer you took a stiletto heel to the eye rather than break the dont-hit-girls-rule? Why dont you ask her..

I really thought there was a different attitude in countries like the US and Britain since you've had female serial-killers, armed girl gangs etc for 20 years.. Physical voilent girls fairly new to us scandinavians but looks like we're adapting alot better than you sissies. A guy starts the fight he'll be an outcast sure, but I dont think any of my male friends would willingly take a beating from a girl just to be honourable.. a slap or 2 maybe, but a REAL beating?

My guess is in 10-20 years time this "rule" will be gone. Our parents grew up in a different time so they didnt know better, but I know young mothers today that teach their sons that girls arent harmless and they should not treat them as such.

One last thing.. ask a female friend whether she would find a guy getting beaten to a pulp by a girl without defending himself to be A: honourable B: dumb! I dare you! :D The comments from the girls in this thread so far should give you a clue..

nicolexlikesxsheep

Aug 18, 2009
Corum1134 said:
nicolexlikesxsheep said:
I feel like this is the best explanation. A girl that throws a punch at a guy, should expect the guy to fight back in some way.
However I voted that beating up a girl is worse. I'm trying not to show gender bias, since I'm a girl and all, but the way I took this question is "if a guy punches the girl first" or "if the girl punches the guy first."
My sister was in an abusive relationship for two years, and though she would fight back, that was only after he threw the first punch. A lot of the time she couldn't even fight back.
A guy throwing the first punch and beating up a girl is just domestic violence.
A girl throwing the first punch and beating up a guy is also domestic violence. That street goes two ways.
touche.

Devil's Due

Sep 27, 2008
HG131 said:
Neither. They have varying levels of badass just like men. I'd never insult a guy for getting beat up by a chick and I think that if you're going to give it, you should take it too. Randomly hitting anyone is a dick move, but if she started it you have every right to give it back 10 fold.
Heck yeah. I wouldn't tease someone for that. Though I'd seriously knock 'em a new one if they started beating up people for no reason, regardless who. And I've been raised by my mum who always said: Don't matter who hit you, fight back. There are some seriously butch girls at my school who could probably eat the average man alive. It's not the old days of girls being "weak and helpless", they'll kick your ass.

If you're being unfairly attacked, fight back, especially if it's a dangerous situation where you feel your life may be in danger or such.

PS: Sweet potatoes, this thread got a LOT of replies within twenty four hours!

Blemontea

May 25, 2010
Well being male, 16, 6 foot 4', and asked why im not on the Football team at my school, if i beat up a girl im getting probation for a long time. But if a girl beat me up she would get ISS or something. so for "ME" its beating up a girl. but for the public theres is no right answer it doesn't matter what age or gender you are its kinda mean to punch someone, although they probably deserve it, even i deserved to be punched.

AndyFromMonday

Feb 5, 2009
Mcupobob said:
Sorry just the way I was rise, I see no reason to ever hit a girl. Even if they attacked, I know women aren't fragil beings I just don't belive in ever hurting them.
Being "raised" that way is no excuse. As an adult or even as a teenager you should realize that your parents aren't infallible and that they do make mistakes.

gmacarthur81

<(^.^<) <(^.^)> (>^.^)>
Nov 13, 2009
mike1921 said:
gmacarthur81 said:
Beating up a girl obviously.

Which, if you tried it in front of me, would lead you to being beaten up anyway. I do not tolerate that sort of behavior. And no, I don't care if she started it. Be a man and take it like a man. Men don't hit women, period.
So you're willing to beat people up for your sexist ideals?

Men don't beat people up for defending themselves.
You can call it sexist if you like, I don't care. But if you think it's okay to beat up a girl, think about how you would feel if you saw someone punching YOUR mom, sister, or daughter in the face. Now think about the fact that the girl getting beaten up by a guy that statistically will outsize her by 50lbs+ and 4 inches is someone's mom, sister, or daughter.

Dense_Electric said:
So the best way to stop people getting beaten up is to beat people up? Damn, I hope you get shot walking through some ghetto one day just because you couldn't keep your damn nose in your own buisness.

Now make no mistake, I believe if someone is in real need of help you should help them, but if you would only do it for one half of the population and not the other half, you deserve to go to Hell.
And you would do what exactly? Ask them politely to stop? Threaten to call the Police? Actually call the Police? You realize the average response time in most major US cities for a 911 call is 5 minutes? Are you actually going to stand there and watch a girl get pummeled for 5 minutes? No you wouldn't. You would more than likely walk away and pretend like you didn't see anything for fear of "getting shot by not keeping your nose in your own business."

I hate to tell ya partner, but I have no worries about where I am headed when I die.

gmacarthur81

<(^.^<) <(^.^)> (>^.^)>
Nov 13, 2009
Now to all the "blah blah girls can be dangerous" people.

If for whatever reason you are being attacked by a girl, has never happened to me but whatever, you should be able to restrain them without punching/kicking them since you will more than likely be larger and stronger than they are (scientific fact not sexism thank you). If you can't restrain them due to them being larger/stronger than you, do the same thing the Police tell women to do when they are being attacked by men, run and get help.

mike1921

Oct 17, 2008
gmacarthur81 said:
mike1921 said:
gmacarthur81 said:
Beating up a girl obviously.

Which, if you tried it in front of me, would lead you to being beaten up anyway. I do not tolerate that sort of behavior. And no, I don't care if she started it. Be a man and take it like a man. Men don't hit women, period.
So you're willing to beat people up for your sexist ideals?

Men don't beat people up for defending themselves.
You can call it sexist if you like, I don't care. But if you think it's okay to beat up a girl, think about how you would feel if you saw someone punching YOUR mom, sister, or daughter in the face. Now think about the fact that the girl getting beaten up by a guy that statistically will outsize her by 50lbs+ and 4 inches is someone's mom, sister, or daughter.
I think whether it's ok to beat someone up is situational.
I don't care what happens to my mom, I don't have a daughter, my sister is 10. it makes no difference to me whether my mom, theoretical daughter, or sister is being beat up by a man or a woman. All that matters is that someone is beating them up. Also, the thing is, people have a tendency to defend people they care about even if they're in the wrong to an extent.

I don't base my actions on what the parents of the people involved will think.

Are you actually going to stand there and watch a girl get pummeled for 5 minutes?
Are you actually going to stand there and watch ANYONE get pummeled for 5 minutes?
gmacarthur81 said:
Now to all the "blah blah girls can be dangerous" people.

If for whatever reason you are being attacked by a girl, has never happened to me but whatever, you should be able to restrain them without punching/kicking them since you will more than likely be larger and stronger than they are (scientific fact not sexism thank you). If you can't restrain them due to them being larger/stronger than you, do the same thing the Police tell women to do when they are being attacked by men, run and get help.
So if you're not larger and stronger?

Also, whether I fight back when I'm attacked is not at all based on how big you are or what gender you are. All it's based on is whether you attacked me first.

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
bruein said:
StBishop said:
I picked beating up a girl is worse because it is.

If someone attacks you there are three options, fight, flight or diplomacy.

Fight should be the last option used regardless of gender.

I have a problem with men who hit women, it's something I feel strongly about.
I would rather get kicked in the nuts than hit a woman. Just how I feel.

Others don't need to understand it or agree with it but I'm sure many people who aren't internet tough guys/hung up on sexism will agree with me.
You just said you would take pain to avoid a women being hurt. You act as if they can not tolerate pain on their own and that men are more deserving. Even though its patronizing the women its still sexism so you are the one hung up on sexism if you could not realize that and beating up a girl is generally looked down on as weak by the public so why would someone use that to demonstrate their toughness to others?
I never said I wasn't sexist. I do judge people and make assumptions about them based on their gender, I'm not ashamed of it either.

I wouldn't assume that someone likes football, sex and beer just because they're male and I wouldn't assume that someone likes poneys, lolly water and butterflies just because thet're a girl. Similarly I would not assume that a girl can't fight or that she's incapable of beating the shit out of me. I've had my ass handed to me by girls many times in Judo.

I do however believe that a gentleman should hold door open for women and should never hit a woman among other things. I also believe that most women are just as capable as men, if not more, depending on the individual and the task in question.

I think it's better to be sexist and not hit someone than be equalitarian and hit them. That's my belief and it's not wrong, just different.

I wasn't saying someone would beat up a female to prove they're tough I was refering to "Internet Tough Guys"[footnote]Tv Tropes, Beware all ye who enter.[/footnote]. There's a difference.

So yes, I do hold some sexist views, I stand by them.