Poll: What's Your Favorite PlayStation 2 Game of All Time?

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
I see that I'm not the first person to be disappointed by the lack of Disgaea so I won't ***** about its absence; I'll instead choose my second-favourite PS2 title:[HEADING=2]Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas[/HEADING]2nd favourite PS2 game, 6th all-time, and probably the game I put the most hours into that isn't a sports title, Tetris, or Minesweeper.

Reece Borgars

Feb 10, 2012
wouldve been ratchet gladiator, but it wasnt there, so i went with R&C 2. they were both great - funny and enjoyable, but id say gladiator was the best of the two

deserteagleeye

Sep 8, 2010
Persona 3 or 4?: Nope
Godhand?: Nope
Shadow Hearts 3?: Noep
Digital Devil Saga?:NOPE
Blood Omen 2?: NUHP
Rune?: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE
Fucking Hell guys

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
VanQQisH said:
Could have put a bit more effort into that list. No Persona 4? No Tales games? Ah well, voted for Katamari but of the list Jak II would have been my next choice.
No Xenosaga III (or 1).
No Persona 4.
No Persona 3 for that matter (I enjoyed 3 more - other than Kanji, I liked 3's cast better).

Poll is worthless. **sigh**

Edit: Oh, and Tekken 4 was okay, but seriously? Two other and far crappier Tekken games? Seriously?

AuronFtw

Nov 29, 2010
Missing both Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance titles on the list. Some of the best Hack n Slash games ever made ever, and definitely solid contenders for best PS2 game. Well... solid contenders for top 10 anyway.

Jfswift

Hmm.. what's this button do?
Nov 2, 2009
I'm going with Final Fantasy X. It was pretty fun and really showed off what the hardware was capable of. I realize not everyone liked Titus but considering how much of a train wreck his life was I didn't find it too hard to sympathize with him, or the other characters for that matter. Good script writing, so-so voice acting imho.

gim73

Jul 17, 2008
All righty there! Since the PS2 is definitely one of the best systems out there for RPGS:

Persona 4
Persona 3 FES
Tales of the Abyss
Tales of Legendia
Digital Devil Saga
Digital Devil Saga 2
Shadow Hearts
Shadow Hearts 2
Star Ocean: Til the end of time
Disgaia
Disgaia 2
SMT Nocturne
Xenosaga episodes I II and III
Front Mission 4
Grandia III
Metal Saga
Wild Arms 4

I /would/ put Grandia II on the list, but it really belongs on the dreamcast with skies of Arcadia. PS2 just had too much good stuff. It was sadly lacking in the Morrowind/KOTOR department, but I needed SOME excuse to buy an Xbox.

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
Either Naval Ops Warship Gunner, Final Fantasy X, Metal Gear Solid 3, or Front Mission 4. Only 2 of those are on the list sadly.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
I haven't played enough of the games since I just bought one a year a go, but my favourite so far is Shadow of the Colossus.

I can't believe how much I missed out on. The PS2 will probably never be beaten with so many interesting games as these. Bloody Oath! It's going to take me forever to get through them all.

Thanks for the thread, I'm writing down a lot of the answers.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
So the PS2 has finally retired huh? Sorta makes me sad really. I still remember the day when I heard the PS1 retired. :(

OT: Shadow of the Colossus. No contest. (Well except maybe with ICO and Snake Eater)

That game does almost everything right. It has a compelling story and atmosphere, the fights with the colossi were grand and epic, and the soundtrack was amazing.

The game was nothing short of fantastic.

esperandote

Feb 25, 2009
If the question was which you think is the best game I might have voted MGS3 but since you asked for favorite I voted SH2

go-10

Feb 3, 2010
Snake Eater hands down, loved that game to death, still do!

honorable mention would be Dragon Quest VIII, since that's the second RPG I've ever considered "epic" I'm replaying it right now, and I'm already 60 hours in and with so much left to do and enjoying every second of it

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
With a lack of Red Faction (the first not the inferior second) then Ratchet and Clank 3 is a brilliant game!

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
I'll go with Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones.
I replayed this game about two dozen times, and I loved every second. The gameplay was top notch, and in my opinion so were the writing and acting; also, the Dark Prince is one of my favourite characters of all time, in both behaviour and design. If I ever get a gaming tattoo, it'll be the daggertail.