Poll: What's your favourite race in Skyrim

someonehairy-ish

Mar 15, 2009
Argonians are awesome. My argonian is a sorta bleached bone colour with red tints and he looks badass.
After them, orcs and bretons. Orcs look like Uruk-hai now, and bretons have excellent bonuses.

Lorewise, all of the mer races and nords are the most interesting though.

vivalahelvig

Jun 4, 2009
Redguard, its actually neither men nor mer, but a different race.

And the best 1h'd warriors. And my favourite, better than those damned bretons or thalmer or argonians and khajiit(the most polite people in skyrim).

XMark

Jan 25, 2010
Ma'iq wanted to vote in this poll. Ma'iq couldn't find a Khajit option, but at least Ma'iq could make everyone read this in his voice.

someonehairy-ish

Mar 15, 2009
vivalahelvig said:
Pretty sure they're men in the lore? Also Thalmor aren't a race, they're a faction made up of racist altmers.

Suncatcher

May 11, 2011
vivalahelvig said:
Redguard are men, same as Imperials, Kothringi, Nedes, and Nords.
The Bretons are technically half man, half mer, typically an Altmer/Nord cross, but are typically considered men.

The only races classified as neither men nor mer are the beast races: the Argonians, Imga, Khajiit, Lilmothiit, and Sload.
And the Akaviri of course, but we don't know much about them. And the Et'Ada, Dragons, etc. but they're less races and more forces of nature.

Edit:
Derp. Dragons are Akaviri; not a separate category.

drmigit2

Dec 25, 2008
Breton, I can get most of the elven benefits, while at the same time not being ugly as dirt! Win win for me baby, FORSWORN

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
Starkiller101 said:
All about the Bretons
You completely forgot about the beast races and they seem to be the most popular. My favorite is either Kahjit or Argonian and neither are options in your poll.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.345683-Poll-Favorite-Elder-Scrolls-Race?page=1

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
You're going to get this:

Where the hell are the Argonians and Kahjiit?

(Argonians first)

Humans are good to play as but everything else is boring, I can play as Raptor People so in essence, thats fucking awesome.

Argonian Battle Mage (Gandalf style)

Kahjiit Heavy Shit (All brawn and no destruction magic)

Tahaneira

Social Justice Rogue
Feb 1, 2011
I've done three playthroughs, and this is how it goes for me:

First, Argonian. Sneak ftw, even though those bonuses are pretty much worthless in the new system. The histskin bonus, though, that's awesome. A sneaker is never in more trouble than when they get caught in the open, and the health regeneration saved me every time. My stealth playthrough is always my favorite.

My warrior playthrough was as a Nord. No particular reason, it just felt appropriate.

And the mage playthrough, as an Altmer. Again, it felt appropriate to kick Thalmor ass as an elf, but the magicka bonuses didn't hurt.

YonderTunic

Mar 4, 2010
Khajiit easily, but seeing as you racist against them like just about every character in Skyrim, I pick Bosmer. For some reason I find all the elven races really...dumb, but the Bosmer I think are a buncha bad-asses.

gigastrike

Jul 13, 2008
I know almost nothing about the race's backstories, so I'm gonna say Bretons for the bonuses.

Fieldy409_v1legacy

Oct 9, 2008
Agayek said:
Ghazghkull Mag Uruk Thraka said:
We is gonna stomp da universe flat and kill anyfink that fights back. we're da Orks, and was made ta fight and win.
That should make my position relatively clear. Orcs 4 lyfe.
Loktar o'gar!

I love orcs so much. I love the power fantasy of being a big ************ with an axe who will fight until he can't stand.

Plus berserk is epically imba!!

Unsilenced

Oct 19, 2009
Khajiit thinks you are racist nord.

Khajiit will pickpocket your pants off and run away with them.

guidance

Dec 9, 2010
Argonian, I traveled by river everywhere. Yes that did make things difficult but shut up water breathing.

croc3629

Mar 20, 2011
Redguard. Hammerfell gets major props for continuing to kick Thalmor behind while the Empire licks its (admittedly grievous) wounds.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
I'm a fan of the Redgaurds. I like that they are seafaring, and that they (unlike the Nords of Skyrim) resolved their differences to unite and drive out the Thalmor. And they have that whole warrior culture thing going as well.

SoranMBane

May 24, 2009
Khajiit, because I like being sneaky, having an unfair advantage in fist fights, and having a fluffy tail, but they're not on that list so I guess I'm not voting. :p

Rickolas Walrus

Mar 2, 2012
In terms of looks: I like Argonians and Khajiits because I've always liked the non-human looking characters more simply because they're different. Elves look like...I dunno "refined" humans, so there's not really that much difference aesthetically. Although I do like Argonians slightly more than Khajiits because they're reptilian and therefore look like dragons. And since the character is the Dragonborn, it just fits

In terms of the special bonus(es) gained from choosing the race: I like Dark Elves. I agree with whoever said that water breathing isn't really that useful, I'm not much of a sneak type (I prefer to get right up in my enemy's grill) and I'm not much a fan of bows. And even though it's just how advance in that particular area that's affected, I'd rather start advanced in something that I'm going to use (destruction). 50% resistance to fire and an extra spell at the beginning came in pretty handy as well

Of course then everything started using ice and electric attacks so it made my flame resistance somewhat pointless >_< Maybe a Nord would have been a better choice later on being ice resistant? Buuut it would have probably done the same thing as my Dark Elf play through only reversed, as is the way my luck tends to work, lots of ice at first and then nothing but fire and lightning