Poll: What's your favourite race in Skyrim

Pat8u

Apr 7, 2011
SajuukKhar said:
Pat8u said:
says the race without a land haha
The Dunmer still control 4/5 of Morrowind, and MANy still live there.
well not for long as the wrathful vengance of the beast races with aid of the thalmor will soon destroy the dunmer race
EDIT:
the khajjit have sided with the thalmor due to them apparently making the moons reaapear
and i remeber something about the argonians becoming one of the thalmor states

Im one of those guys who actually likes the thalmor

Random berk

Sep 1, 2010
The people of Windhelm were racist towards Argonians too, but they shut right the hell up when my T-Rex headed medieval Batman was around. Argonians look badass, and they kick ass at any range that you care to name. Assuming the enemy lives long enough for them to get into close range in the first place.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
Pat8u said:
well not for long as the wrathful vengance of the beast races with aid of the thalmor will soon destroy the dunmer race
EDIT:
the khajjit have sided with the thalmor due to them apparently making the moons reaapear

The Argonians are allied with neither The Empire or the Thalmor.

The Argonian's Hist rulers like neither.

Pat8u

Apr 7, 2011
SajuukKhar said:
Pat8u said:
EDIT:

The Argonians are allied with neither The Empire or the Thalmor.

The Argonian's Hist rulers like neither.
as far as i can tell there has been no mention of there affiliation beside the fact that they seceded from the empire, but when the time comes they'll most likely join the khajjits choice since both races have suferred from the same discrimination and the thalmor aim to stop thier discrimination

edit: the argonians forces won't be able to hold their territory since most of their forces are in mainland morrowind which btw i found out is fully conquerd and the dunmer are only living on soithesm(The place where bloodmoon takes place i think) now

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
Pat8u said:
as far as i can tell there has been no mention of there affiliation beside the fact that they seceded from the empire, but when the time comes they'll most likely join the khajjits choice since both races have suferred from the same discrimination and the thalmor aim to stop thier discrimination

edit: the argonians forces won't be able to hold their territory since most of their forces are in mainland morrowind which btw i found out is fully conquerd and the dunmer are only living on soithesm(The place where bloodmoon takes place i think) now
The Thalmor seek to annihilate all mortal races on Tamriel besides them and destroy Mundus. They care not for the Khajiit

Secondly it is stated in the ES books the argonians are not sided with The Thalmor and The Hist like neither side. Beyond that the Argonians attacked to reclaim lost lands of the ancient Hist kingdom. They dont really care about anything else.

Thirdly only SOUTHERN morrowind in conquered, Dunmer make frequent mention in Skyrim about living in Mournhold, and several places in Vvardenfell.

chaosbedlam

Apr 15, 2009
Argonians all the way, water breathing and their heal aint half bad in a pinch. plus lizards are dam cool IMO.

Pat8u

Apr 7, 2011
SajuukKhar said:
Pat8u said:

The Thalmor seek to annihilate all mortal races on Tamriel besides them and destroy Mundus. They care not for the Khajiit

Secondly it is stated in the ES books the argonians are not sided with The Thalmor and The Hist like neither side.

Thirdly only SOUTHERN morrowind in conquered, Dunmer make frequent mention in Skyrim about living in Mournhold, and several places in Vvardenfell.
hmmm ok i lose but the fact that morrowind was fully taken over was mentioned by the uesp wiki maybe they're wrong but ok I withdraw from this
but the thalmor thing could be all subjective since the khajjit is only a client state which means the khajjit still have control over their government to an extent

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
Pat8u said:
hmmm ok i lose but the fact that morrowind was fully taken over was mentioned by the uesp wiki maybe they're wrong but ok I withdraw from this
but the thalmor thing could be all subjective since the khajjit is only a client state which means the khajjit still have control over their government to an extent
Northern Morrowind was mostly destroyed by Vvardenfell's eruption and the remaining southern parts were taken by the Argonians. The Argonains conquered the parts people still ived in.

But it has been like 200 years and the Dunmer are starting to resettle northern Morrowind.

Also UESP is a terrible source for lore.

Starkiller101

Apr 10, 2012
SajuukKhar said:
nasteypenguin said:
Did... did Bethesda mean to do this? it sounds like a stupid question but it just seems like they would have made a bigger deal about it ingame, if only to try and show off. I've probably missed something but even though the lore is good, the elder scrolls have never had the best story telling in the world.
It's just, to me, this seems like a happy coincidence more than effective writing... credit where credits due though; it makes the ending a lot more meaningful, props to Bethesda if they did consciously write it.
Yes, Elder Scrolls series lore writer Michael Kirkbride, also known as MK on the official Bethesda forums, the man who basically wrote Morrowind, wrote Mankar Cameron's speech in Oblivion, and rote the Knights of the Nine DLC, is the guy who wrote all the Talos stuff, and all the mythic merging.

You will be surprised to find that MOST of the Es lore isn't actually in the games.

Did you know that the REAL reason Dagon was able to invade in Oblivion was NOT because of the dragonfires being out but because a series of magical towers that hold up the world had fallen?
Did you know the Divine Crusader from Knights of the Nine was a time traveler from the future?
did you know akatosh and Lorkhan are the same person?
Did you know sithis is Lorkhans father in the same way god is Jesus father, being that they aare technically the same person?
Did you know Talos is Lorkhan?
so just to summarize so the divine crusader is doctor who akatosh is a dead god and talos is also a dead god even though he is in morrowind (Wulf) Sithis a formless evil entity is the father of a dead god who created the world for mortals to inhabit while sithis kills them off.

REALLY