Poll: What's your favourite race in Skyrim

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Imperial, and I still think that we are suddenly going to turn around and kill all the Thalmor in the expansion...well it will depend on what faction you chose.

Rakun Man

Oct 18, 2009
Argonians all the way, all those other "Dragonborns" are just kidding themselves. Have they seen what a dragon looks like? It looks like an Argonian, that's what.

And the Bosmer (Wood Elves) never get any love. In my book they are tied for first.

Also, while I never really liked them in other Elder Scrolls, Orcs in Skyrim are just awesome.

Also also, I've created a lot of characters in my Elder Scrolls games, and only 2 of them were one of the human races-Breton- when I went for a pure mage because being a High Elf in previous Elder Scrolls sucked.

Cazza

Jul 13, 2010
In all elder scrolls games I have gone Nord. I can't combo break now. I'm in too deep.

FangShadow

Feb 18, 2009
DustyDrB said:
I'm a fan of the Redgaurds. I like that they are seafaring, and that they (unlike the Nords of Skyrim) resolved their differences to unite and drive out the Thalmor. And they have that whole warrior culture thing going as well.
Yep, I with this guy. Plus, being of the darker persuassion, The redguard is more or less how I roleplay as my self.

However, other than that I've played Khajit and Brenton. Thinking about going for a Nord playthrough to see how it is

The Night Angel

Dec 30, 2011
Why u no put khajiit on poll??? Have to say them, if not then orc. I just like the khajiit because they look badass and early on, their claw attacks are awesome. :)

Matthew Valkanov

Jun 8, 2011
someonehairy-ish said:
vivalahelvig said:
Redguard, its actually neither men nor mer, but a different race.
Pretty sure they're men in the lore? Also Thalmor aren't a race, they're a faction made up of racist altmers.
Suncatcher said:
vivalahelvig said:
Redguard, its actually neither men nor mer, but a different race.
Redguard are men, same as Imperials, Kothringi, Nedes, and Nords.
The Bretons are technically half man, half mer, typically an Altmer/Nord cross, but are typically considered men.

The only races classified as neither men nor mer are the beast races: the Argonians, Imga, Khajiit, Lilmothiit, and Sload.
And the Akaviri of course, but we don't know much about them. And the Et'Ada, Dragons, etc. but they're less races and more forces of nature.

Edit:
Derp. Dragons are Akaviri; not a separate category.

I think what he means by that is that they don't share ancestry with the other humans, who seem to have all linked up up some point or another.

Matthew Valkanov

Jun 8, 2011
croc3629 said:
Redguard. Hammerfell gets major props for continuing to kick Thalmor behind while the Empire licks its (admittedly grievous) wounds.
Right? Such a nation of badasses that they don't need no help from nobody, especially from those lily-livered Imperials

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
Matthew Valkanov said:
I think what he means by that is that they don't share ancestry with the other humans, who seem to have all linked up up some point or another.
That would be correct.

All known races of men, except the Redguards, were created on The Throat of the World by Kyne, wife of Shor, some went north to become the poto-nords, some went south and became the Nedes.

Those who went north eventually went back south, back to Tamriel.

Although back when all the races were form the entire world was covered by a giant landmass known as Tamriel, it was the wars of the Ehlnofey that caused vast portions of it to sink causing the various landmasses.