Poll: What's your game of the year?

CRRPGMykael

Mar 6, 2011
To the LAND OF SKYRIIIIIIIM!(it's not out yet,though)
L.A. Noire seems awesome(haven't played it yet,though)

As for games that aren't coming out(or being ported to the PC) in November and that I actually got to play(obviously,not console exclusives),my pick would be...Assassin's Creed: Revelations!Wait,that one isn't out either!Uh,lemme see...Portal 2,I guess...

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
I really liked Portal 2.
The only one I can see (realistically) unseating it is Saints Row 3.
Maybe Skyrim if it's not a complete glitchfest...yea right.

RickRoll

Aug 4, 2009
Why isn't Minecraft on that list?! Blasphemy! I mean, it technically didn't come out this year, (well, the official and final version will be probably released this year) but I had never played it until this year. There is no game like it; the amount of stuff you can do is only limited by your imagination and it isn't just another action or FPS or RPG or whatever clone like so many frikkin' mainstream games are nowadays. Thank God for Indie Developers!

RickRoll

Aug 4, 2009
liveslowdiefast said:
Portal 2, as i haven't played a better game this year. and stephen merchant <3
I agree. While it wasn't as "original" as the first one was, it still managed to be excellent through all the big improvements it made via many more new game mechanics, a much longer and varied campaign, and the addition of co-op mode. I wish more mainstream developers made games like that...

DeleteThisAcc

Nov 19, 2009
Frozen Synapse.

Would have been Alice madness returns if that wasn't failed port (aim controls and lock on enemy to block / shoot accurately )

RickRoll

Aug 4, 2009
w9496 said:
Gears of War 3, because Skyrim doesn't impress me, or it might just be that Oblivion wasn't any fun at all.
Bleh, I'm so over the Gears franchise ever since Gears 2. It's not like Gears 2 was a bad game by any means, it just wasn't nearly as much of a hit or as innovative as the first one was. It felt more like a giant expansion pack than an actual sequel. Also, the story started to get pretty convoluted and I kinda stopped caring towards the end of the 2nd game. Plus, Dominic Santiago looks like a goddamn werewolf now with all that ridiculous facial hair; wtf is up with that?! Why can't he shave lol!?

HerrBobo

Jun 3, 2008
Eh, no one has played any of those games yet. Poll fail?

I reckon the best game that I have played so far this year is either Shogun 2 or DoW: Retribution.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Right now, inFAMOUS 2. I was honestly really surprised how much I loved that game. I thought the first one was really good and I did fire it up and replay it every now and then but the second one just completely blew me away. Everything about it was improved and the story had so much weight to it.

Other games have a lot to catch up to if they wanna match it for GotY in my eyes.

William Ossiss

Apr 8, 2010
Star wars: the old republic. it's going to be awesome. i dont have to talk to anyone other than my team mates who happen to be AI!

w9496

Jun 28, 2011
RickRoll said:
w9496 said:
Gears of War 3, because Skyrim doesn't impress me, or it might just be that Oblivion wasn't any fun at all.
Bleh, I'm so over the Gears franchise ever since Gears 2. It's not like Gears 2 was a bad game by any means, it just wasn't nearly as much of a hit or as innovative as the first one was. It felt more like a giant expansion pack than an actual sequel. Also, the story started to get pretty convoluted and I kinda stopped caring towards the end of the 2nd game. Plus, Dominic Santiago looks like a goddamn werewolf now with all that ridiculous facial hair; wtf is up with that?! Why can't he shave lol!?
I actually thought the 2nd one was better. It had better graphics, wasn't as clunky, no more sniper rifles in the towers of Gridlock. For Dom, they're putting all of their shaving razors onto chainsaws.

Ossian

Mar 11, 2010
Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad.

Will be the best FPS this season. Screw BF3 and their lack of mod support. 6 months after release there will be a Veitnam, WW2 Pacific, and World war 1 (yes WW1!) all supported by TWI themselves.

Hungry Donner

Henchman
Mar 19, 2009
HerrBobo said:
Eh, no one has played any of those games yet. Poll fail?
That was my thinking as well. I suspect my game of the year will be Skyrim, but then I haven't played it yet. So far my game of the year is Portal 2.

targren

May 13, 2009
Catherine, simply because it's the only game compelling enough to buy this year. (Deus Ex 3 might have been, except that I unfortunately remember Deus Ex 2)