Poll: What's your opinion on summer?

Shock and Awe

Winter is Coming
Sep 6, 2008
I live in Georgia, that means its over 30C regularly and humid as shit. What do you think my opinion on summer is? I'm a Fall/Autumn all the way.

A_Parked_Car

Oct 30, 2009
I Despise Summer. I can't stand the heat, I get burned very easy by the Sun, I have a massive phobia of insects and I don't really like many outdoor activities. Since I live in Alberta (Canada), I don't have air conditioning so when it gets up to anything above 20 Degrees Celsius, my house becomes almost unbearably hot.

A'tuin

May 6, 2013
Toxinthegreat said:
It's moreso my definition of too freaking cold. Our Winter's get down to just above 0C, and compared to -30C it's nothing. But I guess it's more the contrast of 45C down to 0C.
Funny you should mention contrast: This year we had a change of whopping 68C in just 2 months (North Lapland: March -38C / May +30C). It was funny how it was warmer in Lapland than in Italy for a while.

But then again, we have heat wave warnings and reports of the elderly dying when the temperature reaches +25C, so +45C would probably cause panic here. How do you manage to work outside when it's that hot? Are there some sort of restrictions like "you must take a vacation when the heat reaches X"?

xshadowscreamx

Dec 21, 2011
i live in Australia and there is a few heatwaves to battle each summer these past 10 or so years,35c to 45c bullshit.

AlbertoDeSanta

Sep 19, 2012
A said:
Funny you should mention contrast: This year we had a change of whopping 68C in just 2 months (North Lapland: March -38C / May +30C). It was funny how it was warmer in Lapland than in Italy for a while.

But then again, we have heat wave warnings and reports of the elderly dying when the temperature reaches +25C, so +45C would probably cause panic here. How do you manage to work outside when it's that hot? Are there some sort of restrictions like "you must take a vacation when the heat reaches X"?
It's more up to individual employers, since you still see Roadworkers as well as Construction occurring, since the Government doesn't really care.

MrBenSampson

Oct 8, 2011
The only thing I like about summer is music festivals. I hate sweating, I hate mosquitoes and my hay fever is pretty terrible. Hot and humid weather feels disgusting. If music festivals took place in October or November, I would be so happy.

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
I would say summer is my least favorite season, but I don't know if I'd totally do away with it if I had the chance. I love fall and I don't mind winter or spring, but something needs to change the pace from those every now and then. I guess I would shorten summer to maybe like 1-2 months, rather than 3-4 months.

But yeah, fall is when I really feel alive. All the colors, the crispness of the air...it's amazing. Winter can make me feel that way too sometimes, at least when we get a good snow. I really despise winters where it'll get down to 10-15ºF, yet there is never any snow. Feels like a waste to me. And spring is alright, but it's always dampened by the prospect of bugs coming back.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
England doesn't have summer, but the sun's heat still manages to penetrate the clouds. It irritates me enough then, so when the clouds go away... I absolutely hate it. The heat, the air, even if it's windy it's hot air and I sweat to death by being outside for more than three seconds. All of my clothes feel like they're sticking to me and suffocating me even if they're not because of the heat.

I'm an autumn (luckily my birthday is four days after Autumn starts) and a winter person, I love the depressing grey cloud, the freezing wind, slippy ice and frost, the rain and getting to wear more clothes.

Headdrivehardscrew

Aug 22, 2011
I got nuclear powered AC running wherever I am, so I absolutely love summer.

Captcha: which does a vegetarian eat?
cheeseburger
monster truck
book
bacon
France
tomato

It's got to be bacon, right? Everybody loves bacon.

The Hero Killer

Aug 9, 2010
I live near the bottom of Texas so even our winters are warm. I hate the summer, humidity makes me feel lazy and gives me a headache, plus if its cold you can always put more layers on to get warm but theres only so much you can take off.

hutchy27

Jan 7, 2011
I don't mind when it starts getting hot but when it's a heat wave like now, I'm not a fan. I was on the bus few days back for half a hour and it was packed, I had the sunlight directly on me for pretty much the whole way, scorching me. Finished a bottle of juice I bought at the shop earlier. Plus I been getting a few headaches lately, making it even worse.
I was really happy when it rained.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
I like this summer, because unlike the last few summers it's not pissing it down here in the UK. It's nice to have the option to lounge about outside, but I'm not the most active person in the world. It doesn't help that I have vitiligo (or something similar, it's where there are patches of skin that don't produce melanin, but I also have some patches that produce extra melanin) so I can burn pretty badly.

Also, in what's probably the least masculine reason for disliking anything, my wardrobe is much more suited to cooler weather. I can't wear my collection of slightly silly woolly hats in the summer.

Rellik San

Feb 3, 2011
I HATE SUMMER WITH AN ALL CONSUMING PASSION!

But that's mainly down to 2 factors:
1. I'm a goddamn grizzly bear, I'm pretty big, strong and have a layer of fat (essentially I'm built like a lumberjack, I'm not unhealthy, I walk, climb, cycle, do a lot of physical stuff and try to eat right I just can't shift it). I'm also hairy, in short, I'm not designed for summer.

2. Other people; Let me put this into perspective for a moment: I live on the side of a mountain (more or less) that's close enough to the sea to get cross winds from Siberia, it's meant to be cold here. Yet the amount of people who complain that we never have spring or summer. My gods, do they complain, they complained because it rained a lot during spring... y'know, like it's supposed too, they complain then that summer is too short, but when it is sunny instead of having barbecues and sitting out in the sun, they come into the pub I work at and insist on closing all the curtains, so they can see the sports, which I wouldn't mind, but we don't even have a beer garden.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
I don't mind summer all too much (being rail thin and pale enough to reflect sunlight finally has its uses), but it's the humidity I hate, as well as the heightened possibility of a blackout happening that bothers me.

Also hearing the boyfriend piss and moan about the heat is bothersome, but he starts that when its 60F out.

Also, summertime means Coney Island time!

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
I like that I can travel to and from work and it is still daylight, it is also really nice having lunches outside at work and my friends from university tend to have reunions in the summer and we have a really nice time. This year however, I am more looking forward to October because I am going to Montreal for ten days to see a close friend of mine and I have never been there before, so it promises to be an adventure.

The downside of the summer is that my neighbours tend to have house parties and BBQ's that go from around 5 O'Clock Saturday evening to the small hours of Sunday morning, which can be a bit bothersome, especially when I have been working on Saturday and just want to sleep.

All in all, I am rather indifferent to it.

SaberXIII

Apr 29, 2010
I personally can't stand it, partially because I hate the heat and partially because I am a pasty (that's paste-y, not the delicious alternative) white man who tries to avoid external gallivanting lest I burn.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
I like it more than the winter... though I'm Canadian, our winters can be a little bit much at times.

aggers

Aug 24, 2010
since i grew up in a part of ireland where the freezing mists roll through often (no matter the season) in a house my dad built (no central heating) moving to london felt like moving to mercury

Orks da best

Oct 12, 2011
lacktheknack said:
http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/1/21870000/ngbbs4ca8a97910e25.jpg

Please, bring the snow back.
Mommy..... got a flyswatter the size of a guitar?

Any my sisters wonder why I hate flying bugs....

anyways since my favorite temperature is 70F and since summer is anywhere from 80-100+ you can figure out that I do not like summer times, its too bloody hot out. Spring and fall on the other hand I like and winter is only good when its snowy, otherwise its just cold but no fun.

Sun, will you shine a bit lighter please? your cooking my lawn.

hmmm Captcha: under the sea, that may not be a bad idea, water would be nice this time of year.