Poll: What's your sexual orientation?

Nemu

In my hand I hold a key...
Oct 14, 2009
Lesbertarian.

Also completely not surprised to see yet another post about sexuality on this forum. I wish it could just get it's own subforum already. ~_~

mitchell271

Sep 3, 2010
I'm a straight guy, nothing too interesting here. I'm kind of metrosexual though, seeing as I can be very effeminate. For example, when my now-roommates first met me in res, they thought I was gay.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
Straight(ish) although I'm still unsure.
I can find women attractive, even sexually attractive but I'm unsure if I could pursue a relationship with them, and I have partaken in same sex activities before when drunk. Which was probably the down to the drink...
I am about 90% straight though XD Not sure what you'd call it. Bi-curious?

Funny thing is, my mum recently confessed she always thought I would come out because "You always liked Batman and star Trek as a little girl, and you make friends with lots of gay and transgender people."
Yay for ignorance :p

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
Must say I find the poll results surprising.

I instinctively assumed homosexual would be the 2nd most common by a landslide. Instead there are significantly more bisexuals. I wonder if this accurately represents society in general.

I'm not surprised by the 68% hetero though. I went in assuming 70-75% just from my own experiences with workplaces and 68% is pretty close.

Heterosexual here.
Though I'm willingly single 99% of the time.
If I ever choose to seek out a relationship it'll be with the opposite gender.

an annoyed writer

Exalted Lady of The Meep :3
Jun 21, 2012
Transgendered girl that's into girls here. What can I say? I like cute, frilly outfits and I like others that like cute, frilly outfits! :3

Boris Goodenough

Jul 15, 2009
babinro said:
I instinctively assumed homosexual would be the 2nd most common by a landslide. Instead there are significantly more bisexuals. I wonder if this accurately represents society in general.
Most research points to that.

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
Bisexual, though have never experienced sex with a man. Hopefully I will one day, seems like quite the experience. But I can say that it's quite pleasant to have more than one gender of attractive human beings to look at.

DANEgerous

Jan 4, 2012
Bi but it took me 23 years to realize it. I was raised in a rather Christian conservative household. My Mom did not mind so much when I got a boyfriend but my dad did. He still is uneasy if I ever come home because according to him you can not be Bi it no longer has a large effect but still it is there.

Oddly enough the first time I ever slept with a man (Or anyone, and yes at 23) is the only reason I got my only serious Girlfriend or relationship as she found us as a couple adorable. The relationship is over but still the whole thing is interesting to me.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
I remember a similar thread with cis-this and cis-that options. I was very confused. I hate labels, especially the newer ones.
I'm a guy and I like girls.

Not Matt

Nov 3, 2011
Asexual bisexual. Meaning that I can swing both ways, I just don't want to. My sexdrive has been reduced to nothing and the idea offinding a partner or "getting laid" iisn't something I can bring myself to care about.

Jenvas1306

May 1, 2012
why even ask for trans people seperately? a transwoman isnt different hetero or homosexual than a ciswoman.
sometimes making distinctions there isnt good. sexuality and gender arent the same things and can be very unrelated, so if you ask for sexuality you might aswell forget about gender and simply set the options to Bi, Andro- and Gynephile and explain those terms that really just relate to what you are attracted to without asking about who you are.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Another heterosexual male here. I can certainly appreciate that some dudes are just plain nice to like at, but I've never been attracted to them personally.

Calibanbutcher

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2009
Heterosexual male here, straight, white etc, but I refuse to classify myself as boring, for I don't know what them other guys do in their bedrooms with their partners, but if they feel the need to classify themselves as "boring", I am gonna guess that the closest approximation is two fish flopping around on each other, but not with me, ohhh nooo, I am out to prove that you can be straight WITHOUT being "boring", especially not in bed.

Snowbell

Apr 13, 2012
I'm an asexual but I'm still romantically attracted to men and have never considered dating a woman - is 'heteroromantic' a term?

[REDACTED]

Apr 30, 2012
Snowbell said:
I'm an asexual but I'm still romantically attracted to men and have never considered dating a woman - is 'heteroromantic' a term?
It most certainly is!
OT: I can be sexually attracted to either gender (and even then, mostly to females), but I can't see myself getting into a relationship with another guy. Put myself down as heterosexual for the poll.

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
Angelowl said:
Not american, swedish.
Yes, I was aware that you are from (and were talking about) Sweden. I was saying that I hadn't had that experience in America, but that I'd heard other bisexual woman (mostly on the West Coast) complain about the same thing that you had mentioned. I've never been to Sweden, so I can't comment on the situation there (or anywhere aside from America - even when I've traveled abroad, I haven't exactly taken the time to examine the specific attitudes within the gay communities of other nations... although now that I type it, doing so sounds rather fascinating).

As to your further comments, I've certainly heard of bisexuals being ostracized in the gay community for not being "gay enough" or "passing" or other similar bullshit. However, I've never heard of lipstick/femme lesbians getting picked on - that much be a Swedish (or European) thing. I will say, however, that the stereotype that all lesbians (and bisexual) are experts and constantly quote gender studies lectures is alive and well over here in the US of A. And that one's coast-to-coast.

zama174

Oct 25, 2010
TheNewGuy said:
I'm a bisexual cisgender male.
Hey, I have a question. What exactly is the difference between pansexuality and bisexuality? I know there is a difference, but I've never really been clear on what exactly it is. In fact I don't know much about pansexuality at all. Would you please elucidate me?
The gist of it is pretty simple. Bisexual is attraction to male and female, where as pansexual is attraction to virtually anyone regardless of where they fall in the gender spectrum. (Male, Female, Trans, Cis, ect) And often times physical attraction doesn't play as large of a role in romantic interest as personality compatibility does. Basically like Bi, but more open and a few other different nuances.