Poll: When Did You Find Out Santa Did Not Exist? *EXTREME SPOILERS*

HeySeansOnline

Apr 17, 2009
Five seconds after I opened The Escapist today ...

Seriously I was twelve or eleven, was asking for a lego thing from a magazine, dad told me to put the number in the mag, I then said "Why does Santa need the number? He knows everyh-" and that was the day reality shattered for me turning me into the broken pessimistic shell of a teenager you see before you.

clicketycrack

Apr 6, 2009
When I was about ten, I asked my mom if Santa was real. She asked me if I really wanted to know and I said no, even though that pretty much answered it. I sorta' pretended to believe for a couple more years for my parent's sake, but they knew I knew. Not really traumatic.
Dragonforce525 said:
And it probably wasn't too traumatic finding out because stocking presents are shit anyway, what kid on Christmas gives a flying fuck about his stocking?
I alway got industrial size bottles of liquid soap.

neoontime

I forgot what this was before...
Jul 10, 2009
What, but I still believe in him and I'll never stop you hear me, NEVER!

Mr Pantomime

Jul 10, 2010
Probably when I was 10. My sister told me if i remember correctly.

Also, the spoiler tag was kinda redudant. " When did you find out the truth about santa *extreme spoilers*" would have been better.

Okysho

Sep 12, 2010
Giest4life said:
Okysho said:
Giest4life said:
Never believed in him. The bastard doesn't bring presents to non-Christians .
''Sure he does! I'm taoist and I still get stuff. There's a fuckload of paperwork involved too... T.T

btw don't believe the Americans, you have to send the forms to the Canadian address. North pole is in Canada!

Postal code HOH OHO
Ah, then he must not visit countries that the UN has sanctioned....
that I dunno about, his facebook is always being changed by those prankster elves...

bpm195

May 21, 2008
When my older sister was like 3 she was upset with my parents because Santa got her a bunch of gifts and they didn't get her anything.

Since then my family doesn't allow the belief in Santa.

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
my parents didn't keep up the santa facade much past the point I was 6 years old.

However, I still get presents from santa at 25

Davey Woo

Jan 9, 2009
Bit pointless putting *extreme spoilers* in the title when you've already spoilt it... potentially.

I think it was about 9/10 years ago (8/9 years old)
I don't remember being that bothered, and it wasn't long after that that I could stay up later than my parents and say hello to them when they tried to sneak in to leave my presents at the foot of the bed.

Rimefrost

Mar 30, 2009
Hmmmm, probably when I was around 8 I think...

I totally remember finding out in early December and pretending that I still believed so that I could get more presents that Christmas.

Impluse_101

Jun 25, 2009
tthor said:
Impluse_101 said:
TF2 Sniper Voice: I'm gonna be honest with ya...

He does exist, the story of Santa Claus existed for as long as it was created. There also have been stories of an actual Kris Kringle or Saint Nick who was born and raised in Germany.

The spirit of Santa Claus is real, and it lives on with the people who carry on the story. Hey, for all we know, all those Santa Clauses that are really giving smiles to all the little childrens faces, are just his helpers.
actually, Saint Nickolas (the real guy) was from Turkey, and lived during the 4th century. he was famous for secret gift-giving, such as putting coins in the shoes of those who left them out for him, and dropping pieces of gold down people's chimneys
Well thanks for correcting me.

Astoria

Oct 25, 2010
I think I was about 6 and I just figured out that he couldn't possibly exist. Of course, being the horrible sister that I am I told my siblings and proved it by showing them their presents hidden under my mums bed. I wasn't very well liked that christmas.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Never. I learned about him around kindergarten, immediately went home and asked Mom how a sleigh could fly. She said they couldn't, and that was the end of that.

It kinda helped that presents slowly filtered in under the tree for about two weeks before Christmas as Christmas shopping happened.

enriel

Oct 20, 2009
That was such a minute detail of my childhood, I have no fucking idea.

I know I did believe in Santa at one point, but all I can remember is knowing that he was not a thing. Prolly in my pre-teens though when I started getting my chronic insomnia and noticed that my parents seemed to stay up a lot later than usual on Xmas...

That's Funny

Jul 20, 2009
When I was Six, when I saw my Dad putting presents in my room, I was kind of gutted, but I got over it quite quickly.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Nimcha said:
I didn't even know people believed he existed until I was around 12 and learned something about American culture.

I did believe in the guy your Santa Claus is based on though. Until I was about 9.
Umm, I'm pretty sure that Saint Nickolas did, in fact, exist...