Poll: When the new systems come out which will you buy?

everythingbeeps

Sep 30, 2011
Ultimately I'll almost certainly be getting all three. Assuming the Wii U comes out well before the other two, I'll get that pretty soon after launch.

I'll probably get one of the other two on or around launch, and wait a while on the other.

floobie

Sep 10, 2010
Whichever has the most exclusives I'm interested in. So, based on historical data: 99% chance of it being the PS4.

I mean, looking at the current generation. The PS3 has dozens of exclusives I'm interested in. The Wii has maybe 5. The 360 has one (Forza). So, unless literally every PS3 developer I love decides to switch to another platform, the PS4 should be a damn solid investment for the next half decade or so of gaming, for me.

Hoping for slightly more in the way of backwards compatibility this time around, though...

Candidus

Dec 17, 2009
Xbox, and a big upgrade for the PC. I've owned a PS3 for a few months now, which I've basically bought to sit on until The Last Guardian arrives- if it ever arrives.

There's just nothing else on the PS3 I give a damn about. God of War? Meh. Uncharted? Tomb Raider, man edition (double meh). You name it, I've considered and dismissed it.

What are the odds the PS4 will be any different? I'll buy it if they remake FF7 for it. Otherwise, Sony can piss off.

Delsana

Aug 16, 2011
brainslurper said:
Delsana said:
I'm entirely shocked that the polls at this point scale in favor of the PS4... with all the problems and horrid games that they've had...
XBox 360s failure rate is about 30%
PS3s failure rate is less then 1%
I'm not sure what problems you are talking about, but having to use 2 different game disks and then download texture packs is enough for me never to buy anything from microsoft ever again.

I will probably buy none, and use my PC which is better now then the new consoles will ever be. I will eventually buy the next playstation because they have far better exclusives.
I still use my original 360 (though I have a new one with a better hard driver and the Valhalla chip as well) that I got on Day 1 release and for 5 years I've had 0 problems with it save for freezing on Oblivion and any Bethesda product because they are horrible programmers. No red ring, no issues. So no, if you treat them well, they treat you well.

I bought a PS3 last Christmas, it died a month later, also chopped a disc to bits. Yeah, I'm so happy with *Sony*.

Killzone and the like were terrible games, Folklore was a horrible RPG and Resistance followed suit with Killzone. I see no exclusives outside of MGS4 that were actually "good". And in the story category they were abysmal.

360's have always had much better exclusives.

RadioKnight

Jan 12, 2009
Im sure Ill end up getting whatever the newest fancy console is for my kids, god knows theyll nag at me enough for it, because itll be advertised nonstop on every media known to man...

natster43

Jul 10, 2009
Well all after a while, but I think the first one I get will be either Wiiu or Xbox, unless my friends switch over to PS4.

Dupeo

Mar 10, 2009
I wonder if they're going to wait for the consumer markets to pick up before they release the next generation. If that's the case we might have to wait a long time.

Megacherv

Kinect Development Sucks...
Sep 24, 2008
Delsana said:
I'm entirely shocked that the polls at this point scale in favor of the PS4... with all the problems and horrid games that they've had...
And the 360 and Wii have had perfect track records for years...

Craftybonds said:
why isn't there a "none" option? Sony and microsoft lied to everyone about the 10 year product life. I'm pissed, and i'm showing it by not buying into their bullshit.
I was going to argue about how Sony lied, but I'm actually going to argue about how any of them lied. I don't remember seeing anything about them not keeping them to 10 years, but Sony have especially made a policy with the PS1 and PS2 having 10 year life-cycles (and I swear that the PS2 lasted even longer than that, they even released a Bravia TV with a PS2 built-in after the 10 year mark)

I'd get a PS4, but I'm skeptical as to how we can really improve that much except for just getting better hardware. If the 360 and PS3 could both run CryEngine 3, and the PS3 could run GT5 at its (frankly very beautiful) quality, then there may not be a point. I say we keep this generation going and we just innovate in gameplay and story.

Of course, I am kinda rambling here...

Spud of Doom

Feb 24, 2011
Calcium said:
I imagine I'll likely refuse to buy any of them and wait for the prices to come down, for more games to come out, and to see which (if any) friends end up getting.
Something like this. It is far, far too early to say which will end up being a good deal. MS and Sony haven't even announced their systems yet.

Arina Love

GOT MOE?
Apr 8, 2010
PS4 and Vita. For me PS3 and PSP is proving be more beneficial this gen than 360, because of of J-RPGs, so it's only logical for me to buy PS4 and VITA without question on launch and wait and see if i want the xbox new gen. As for nintendo just as wii, wii u don't seem like a product i want to buy.

chstens

Apr 14, 2009
Depends heavily on the games, if all of them have games I want, I'll get all of them

The Breadcrab

Mar 20, 2011
If they do come out, I'll wait a year or two to buy one. If there's one thing I've learned over the years, it's that a launch is not indicative of a console's entire lifespan. 5 years ago, everyone was spitting on the PS3 in order to get the 'holy' Wii. Now look where the two consoles are. Nuff said, brah. (oh dear, I may have to choke myself now)

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Xbox for my main gaming platform then I'll eventually get the PS4 for exclusives.

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
Price of a ps4: quite a bloody lot
Price of slightly updating my PC, considering the new consoles will likely just be 1080p dx11 capable, which my PC already is at: quite a bit less.

floobie

Sep 10, 2010
Megacherv said:
I'd get a PS4, but I'm skeptical as to how we can really improve that much except for just getting better hardware. If the 360 and PS3 could both run CryEngine 3, and the PS3 could run GT5 at its (frankly very beautiful) quality, then there may not be a point. I say we keep this generation going and we just innovate in gameplay and story.

I would prefer this as well. Graphics have gotten to the point where the difference between average and good graphics is basically imperceptible to me, so I don't see much point in new console hardware. It feels like it would be a rather minor update. Going from PS2 to PS3 was pretty dramatic, what with HDMI output and 1080p resolution, and generally way more processing grunt. But, at this point, it would feel to me as though the companies were just making new hardware to get all of us to give them another 500 bucks so we can keep playing new games.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Knowing me, I'd probably get all of them over a long period of time. Although I'm not too sure about the Wii U.

Delsana

Aug 16, 2011
Megacherv said:
Delsana said:
And the 360 and Wii have had perfect track records for years...

Craftybonds said:
why isn't there a "none" option? Sony and microsoft lied to everyone about the 10 year product life. I'm pissed, and i'm showing it by not buying into their bullshit.
I was going to argue about how Sony lied, but I'm actually going to argue about how any of them lied. I don't remember seeing anything about them not keeping them to 10 years, but Sony have especially made a policy with the PS1 and PS2 having 10 year life-cycles (and I swear that the PS2 lasted even longer than that, they even released a Bravia TV with a PS2 built-in after the 10 year mark)

My PS3 lasted a month when I bought it last Christmas, then it died and also killed a game disc in it. My original 360 from Day 1 release has had no problems save on Bethesda games. No red ring, no nothing. Treat it well and it lives well. My PS2 also killed any DVD I tried to play with it.

Microsoft has always been very supportive in comparison.